What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Knee tweaked, so an easy stroll today morning. Might try a run today evening...
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Had to do a 200 second rowing TT today at lunch. Also my lifting and longer interval day, so I mixed it up a bit. Did one set of supersets in the garage (the fan saved me today, it was 100 degrees at lunch), then the TT on the deck in the heat (1:55 pace), then 7 more supersets lifting. Finished with 4 X 4 minutes on the Assault Bike at roughly 275 Watts w/ one minute rest. The bike was in the A/C. I might be hardcore, but I'm not stupid. I think I would have died doing more intervals on the rower in this heat.

On the weight supersets, I usually wait for my HR to go back down under 60% max before I start another set. Either because the rowing TT or the heat, it wasn't dropping below 65%, so that was the bar I was using for recovery to trigger the next set.

800 or so calories on the hour.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Tonight is golf league night. 2 1/2 hours of finding my wife's golf ball :D

LOL, I"ve been there!!

Easy 55 minute run tonight. I love recovery weeks.

Enjoy the easier week!

The thing about my wife, she's likely more athletically talented than I am. If she actually would practice, she'd be really great at golf.

@dethstar77 -- hope your knee feels better soon.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    4k run as part of a 10k running plan. Was supposed to be a slow run, but for some reason I ran the fastest run in ages. I'm sure my watch will be confused about this and won't know what kind of run to offer me next. Ugh.
  • JustJenn68
    JustJenn68 Posts: 38 Member
    Walked over 17 000 steps today.
  • amorfati601070
    amorfati601070 Posts: 2,862 Member
    First time on Zwift in a while. New map, kinda punchy.

hbqmcvcgzq7v.png
  • yirara
    edited May 2021
    Cycled 74km. Average speed was only 21.5kmh, but that’s including waiting at traffic lights, bridges, railways, and taking a river pontoon.

My garmin gave me 596 intensity minutes this week so far 🥰
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Too rainy, windy and cold to ride outside today, so I did a 2:15:00 ride on the trainer. It was just an aerobic effort followed by an easy paced 15 minute transition run.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,966 Member
    Weather cleared up. 40s F and sunny. It was almost scary windy/wavy . . . or would've been in singles/doubles, luckily we had enough rowers for a quad, 4 rowers in a 40' boat, our 30-something y/o one-time Big Ten champion in stroke (of course!), me in bow because I'm loud enough to shout steering orders, and confident enough to risk it. 😆

There was a bass tournament going on, on the river. Not a big deal, as they mostly sit still and fish structure on the sides. But since there's a time limit, they'll zoom from spot to spot sometimes. Usually most are aware and considerate, too. It's OK when they're hydroplaning, mostly, but one gifted us a really major acceleration wake, close up, right next to a bridge with big concrete pillars, at the spot that had the worst wind-driven waves, when we were in the middle of spinning the boat. 🙄

Later, 38' mostly upper body strength work.

Regular rest day tomorrow (Sunday), probably do some stretch-yoga-foam roll but no other formal exercise. Expecting 5 rowers (including me) on Monday AM; I may cox instead of row for collective safety if it's windy again, we'll see.
  • Djproulx
    65 minute trail run this morning, covering just about 6 miles. An easy paced run that felt good the whole time.

Recovery week is ending. Tuesday starts the final week of the build phase leading to race day. My coach is keeping the week's training plan a secret. Instead of leaving a few sentences outlining our focus for the upcoming week's sessions, he just typed a one word entry: "hard". :)
  • yirara
    Today I did roughly an hour of bodyweight workouts, Reddit recommended routine. In the evening I went for a run, trying to improve my ability to run 10k, and possibly to run it a bit faster. Today it was 5.6km at 0.12min/km faster than a 6.6km run last week. I'll have another 6.6 run this week. Lets see if I can run that one faster as well.
  • yirara
    Oh, as it's the last day of the month: 7 days stats (don't seem to have 1 months stats in Garmin connect)
    Cycling: 84km
    Running: 20.1km
    Strength: 2:12:10
    Walks: 3km :D
    Steps: 8131 average daily
    Cycling is up due to a long ride, hiking is down due to cycling on Saturday :D
  • AnnPT77
    edited June 2021
    Back into a more normal (?) schedule:

* 7100m rowing bow in the quad, on a lovely, lovely, day.
    * 5.1 mile . . . amble? . . . at 3.1mph on a bike/walk trail. (Extended the turnaround end of the trail to a sprawling local produce/grocery/food market, got a big cup of gelato, half chocolate caramel pretzel, half tiramisu - so yum!)
    * 36' strength workout.

Last week's break was good for me (resting HR dropped), and I should do a slower ramp-up since I took the break thinking I'd overdone, but I have an annoying eye surgery thing scheduled on 6/10, so I'm anticipating an even more annoying total hiatus in all exertion, minimum one week, but could be longer - won't know until after surgery, when we know how much she needed to do. Hate that kind of cr*p!)

Garmin's given me another walking VO2max estimate downgrade to 39, boo-hoo. 😉😆
  • dethstar77
    Djproulx wrote: »
    Tonight is golf league night. 2 1/2 hours of finding my wife's golf ball :D

LOL, I"ve been there!!

Easy 55 minute run tonight. I love recovery weeks.

Enjoy the easier week!

The thing about my wife, she's likely more athletically talented than I am. If she actually would practice, she'd be really great at golf.

@dethstar77 -- hope your knee feels better soon.

Thank you @MikePfirrman - It is a lot better. Was able to do some running and keep up with exercises..
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 980 Member
    My dive trip is over.

The final dive was a bit epic - 62 minutes on a 24m wreck, with about 15 minutes outside the wreck (most of which was my buddy's deco stop) and the rest squirrelling around in small, silty holes. I was on nitrox 32%, so I had no deco, but my buddy was on air.

My air consumption was why we needed to end - I was on a single tank, and ended on 60 bar. So it was a perfectly judged dive from that regard.

That gives a Surface Air Consumption Rate of 16l per minute, which is relatively high by my standards; but it was a relatively challenging dive. The current was running; and my drysuit leaked. So I was proper freezing at the end. The vis was probably good on the outside, but not so good in silty holes. The SAC is still probably on the lower end of the spectrum of UK divers.
  • dethstar77
    Morning boot camp involving a lot of push-ups. Evening contemplating a walk or a run.. also depends on weather...
  • strangeanimal55
    strangeanimal55 Posts: 87 Member
    Normally I'm just a walker but recently started volunteering at a therapeutic horse riding center and it's still just walking but a lot more fun
  • AnnPT77
    Bike ride, 15.47 miles at li'l ol' lady hybrid bike relaxed pace (10.4mph average moving pace - told ya it was slow!).

Might do something else later, but I'm skeptical. Also lazy. 😉
  • Djproulx
    Normally I'm just a walker but recently started volunteering at a therapeutic horse riding center and it's still just walking but a lot more fun

That sure sounds like fun!