Any other stroke survivors?

I had a stroke almost 2 months ago. While in the hospital I lost 24lbs. I have changed my diet. My Dr said that I need to continue to lose weight. I however have limited mobility with my left leg. I have mobility with my left arm. Anyone have any tips for exercises I can do to try to lose weight? Anyone else been in my shoes?

Replies

• Fishor007
    Fishor007 Posts: 3 Member
    I am a stroke survivor, it’s been almost 3 months for me. Very challenging to get life back on track but being a optimistic person has helped my recovery. I am 60% of myself and hope one day i can get to 100%. I would love to hear more from others.
  • Sunnyhzaw
    Sunnyhzaw Posts: 2 Member
    I had a stroke almost 2 months ago. While in the hospital I lost 24lbs. I have changed my diet. My Dr said that I need to continue to lose weight. I however have limited mobility with my left leg. I have mobility with my left arm. Anyone have any tips for exercises I can do to try to lose weight? Anyone else been in my shoes?

I'm 43 and had my left side paralyzed with stroke since October 2020. I still cant lift my left arm up nor have my wrists actions back to do bench presses. I've been doing stationary marching / jogging though
  • Sunnyhzaw
    Sunnyhzaw Posts: 2 Member
    evilokc wrote: »
    i had a stroke in 2011. it killed me. 6 minutes and 23 seconds i was down. im back but a lot of what made me, me didnt come back. it took almost a year before i could function anywhere near normal. i had panic attacks, i got lost in familiar places. i even tried to kill myself once after deciding that i wasnt going to live my life as a weakened broken version of myself. luckily i was stopped. i was working on a doctorate when it happened and i was unable to contineu. to this day my memory is trash, im often left with the decision to admit a mistake is because i have mental issues which feels like a cop out or let people think im carless or dumb. it destroyed the life i had worked hard to earn. i have several physical issues remaining as well. dying doesnt hurt. coming back is terrible pain. my body was locked up. i was stuck in a hunched posture with my shoulder slumped and barley able to move my neck. every night when i sleep i feel like my body is trying to lock itself back in that position. when i wake i have to streatch and fight my way out of that posture. the intersting thing is that after all this time i have become a chemeleon. socially you would never know i have any issues. if you put me in a classroom situation the holes become obviouse though. physically im stronger and more muscular than most of the people i come in contact with minus the powerlifters and bodybuilders at the gym. no one ever imagines that im broken. this is my "new normal". its what i have and im making the best of it although every now and then it gets the best of me and im forced to sneak off and cry a little. that also makes me feel weak but i come out stronger by leting the fear, pain, and confusion out. this is a scary time for you. i get it. find your strength and work towards your new normal. its going to suck at times but there is victory to be had if you are willing to fight for it. you got this.

What kind of stretching are you doing? Have stroke in Oct 2020. Still having issues with my left knee. It kept over extending and my left wrist and fingers are still not extending. Anythoughts?