NON WW & WW NEWBIES, OUR NEW LIFE, THE START OF SOMETHING WONDERFUL

Replies

• theslightedgeforever
    theslightedgeforever Posts: 2,211 Member
    @cbabie Hooray on your weight loss. So exercise is an obstacle right now. What are the solutions and ways around this obstacle. It can be done in little segments of time. Your little hiatus of having me give you my words of wisdom is over. Hope you enjoyed the break.

@gemwolf110 So how will you make this week different than last so you show a loss? Bday months are fun. I love my special day. I hear you on the rain. I think it goes back to childhood when I had to stay indoors when it rained. Indoors was not a fun place to be.

@trooworld Technically I ate two meals a day and then snacked. I think not having lunch everyday helped me alot. El Loco Pollo sounds good. So you learned a good lesson. How many points would you have liked to eaten during that meal? So you can still eat what you ordered and enjoyed but cut down on the portion size. 1/2? 3/4? 2/3? That's what made me so successful before corona (BC) on my carb cycling. I ate what I wanted but like with quesadillas, it was cut into 8 triangles so I immediately took 2 off and placed them on my husband's plate. It was his choice to eat them or not. I just needed them off mine. Same thing when I eat my cornbread. I should probably have it for lunch so I could eat a whole piece. lol

@teresaw1020 I know you love your data. I've missed my spreadsheets myself. So true about the sizing. The pics that we keep in our minds. I think I have the opposite problem though, I see myself thinner than I really am I think. Then see pics and say Oh My.

Well, starting today off right. Exercised as soon as I opened my eyes.
    I was doing all yellow and green while my sil was here. Now I'm back on red for today and tomorrow.
    Normal schedule here I come.

188/164- Yellow
    No movement
  • trooworld
    trooworld Posts: 5,864 Member
    @TeresaW1020 Yeah I think what I ate was bad news lol! I'm glad your spring is enjoyable. That's really cool about the capris. I think you should lay down a pair of your old capris and then put the new capris on top and take a pic of that!

@theslightedgeforever El Pollo Loco is good. I wished it would have been 10-12 points, it was 16 points. Plus 16 for that sugar-free chocolate bar I ate. That would have been a good idea to eat part of it. I could even have gotten a side of steamed broccoli. I'm glad you started the day off right.

Hello all. Yesterday I had to work onsite and packed snacks and unfortunately, I ate the snacks I packed plus stuff from the vending machine. :( I have to get a handle on this before we go back to work full-time in the office.

My phrase for the year: CHANGE HAPPENS
  • theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2021
    @trooworld Did you eat enough food at the other meals? Maybe you were too hungry when it came time to eat your snacks. Did you leave too much time between meals? In one of my groups we are working on eating at any other time besides planned meals/snacks. One of the things I have learned is that cravings start to diminish the moment you decide you are not going to eat; the moment you become indecisive is when the intensity increases.

So we are to list our cravings, the time, discomfort level (1-10), how long the craving lasted, techniques used to distract yourself. Outcome. I feel this is basically a skill that can be learned over time and we can teach ourselves to ignore cravings. It's a process like running. You start out slow and then get faster over time. I made a Trello journal called Cravings. They even made a nice background pic with special brownies all over it. That's how smart the technology is now. I was going to go look for a pic with something chocolate on it and Trello did it for me.

Yesterday this was my list

Reese's PB miniature, 10:30 a.m., 1, 30 seconds, mindset technique, (it's not on my plan today), Success
    Reese's PB miniature, 7:30 pm. 1, 30 seconds, mindset technique, (it's not on my plan today), Success

I did notice my trigger was hot tea, and the second time hot tea and I was reaching in the bag where I had my bag of crackers that were planned out.

85/100- Red
    32 min YouTube cardio video
    50% water

• trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I think I did eat enough at the other meals. I think the problem is I have slipped back into the habit of not drinking enough water. That sounds pretty accurate about the moment you decide not to eat, the mind is very powerful. I've had glimpses of this occurring for me. Haha about Trello. Congrats on beating the craving for Reese's and thank you for sharing this technique, I may give it a try.

Hello all. I did a little better yesterday. I kept busy all day long. After work, I took one of my photographs from my recent photo shooting trip to a gallery that is having a show coming up. They had a call for entries. I entered my framed piece and it got accepted. This is a big deal because I haven't exhibited any of my work in about 10 years (In the past, I've exhibited fairly frequently). I have to go to 3 events associated with the exhibit, an artist meet-and-greet, the opening of the show, and an artist talk/open mic night. I'm very excited!

• theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld Congrats on being accepted into a gallery show. That's a really big deal. Good for you. OK, so let's get back to working on our water.

87/100-Red
    54 min walking
    50% water
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever Thank you! Yes, my water intake right now is pitiful.

Hello all. I'm sure glad it's Friday. I went to the dentist yesterday and I cracked a filling and the filling on that tooth is large and has already been replaced two or three times so now they want to do a crown. :( On top of that, I have a cavity on the tooth next to it so I need a new filling on that tooth. Lots of money even though insurance pays a portion of it.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Wow I guess I have been MIA for a bit, sorry. My life is a little weird right now...my DH has been in Alaska with my grandson and his wife, so I have not had "my" time to do some of the things I normally do. Hopefully this hasn't created new bad habits..LOL. I am determined to get back to the routine...Thanks for all the congrats on the loss..I hope I at least maintained or lose this week..LOL

@trooworld I am so excited for you, that is so great your piece was accepted..that sounds so exciting and FUN. Sorry about the tooth..I have a few that are showing signs of cracking (from clenching my jaw to keep my mouth shut)..LOL. but no ins and I am just trying to wait it out...glad you have some ins but know it's expensive no matter what...

@theslightedgeforever I think you did great while SIL was there...I don't think tea would make we want candy, but I have found that if I eat PB, I want more sweets...LOL Why don't you like the indoors? I HATE the outdoors..LOL

@TeresaW1020 I think Trooworld had a great idea about showing the difference...and yes our minds can be such a tricky and powerful thing. I am positive you look GREAT and you have accomplished so much, don't let you mind have the last say..LOL (unless it shows you what you really have accomplished) :)

@gemwolf110 I hope you like the DR..I haven't been in so long, and it's important to like your Dr or you just won't go...well at least I won't. LOL.

Cbabie
  • TeresaW1020
    TeresaW1020 Posts: 3,231 Member
    @theslightedgeforever Yeah, you know I love a good spreadsheet. I’ve had all my stuff ready for a week now for this new challenge and I can’t wait to start plugging in the numbers. Such good advice you gave about cravings and so true! Yesterday, at church there were these small packs of Oreos and the thought hit me that I should eat them. I was craving them. But then I said no and walked away and didn’t think about them again. AND I do love me some Oreos!! :)

@trooworld So proud of you for getting your picture accepted by the gallery!! Just take one event at a time and get a plan of action ready. You are there to mingle not eat, so do your best to make the food the least important aspect of the events. Ugghhh on the dental work and cost. My mom cracked a tooth the first day I took her to Florida and she had to have it pulled and pay $400. She was not a happy camper. :#

@cbabie Ohhhh I would love to go to Alaska! Is your DH there for fun? I took you up on your suggestion to show the difference in the sizes that I once wear and what I’m wearing now. See below. ;)

Hello! It’s a quiet day here in warm, muggy GA. For some reason, I woke up at 4 am and couldn’t go back to sleep. I finally got up at 5:30 and spent a couple of hours doing church work for VBS. I did my workout and some housework. DH went and picked up some low-carb cookbooks that I had on hold at the library, I will thumb through them and see what’s worthy of taking a pic of for future use. As you can see from the pic below of my jeans the sizes are quite different. At my highest those stretchy size 20s should have been a 22 and the stretchy 10s are just a tad too big. It’s so important to take pics and have visuals!! :)

nh3ta0vcohmi.jpg
  • theslightedgeforever
    @trooworld What good things do you give yourself credit for yesterday? ouch on the dentist. I haven't been since beginning of corona and need to go. I just keep putting it off.

@cbabie Because I'm always eating something if I have some hot tea. Not candy though. Right now I'm having nectarine slices with it. Indoors is boring unless I'm sitting reading. Just 4 walls. Outside is so much to do and see. Even in heat. For your movement..... Can you put on a good song and march around the house for 10 min. or how about do this with your little one. https://youtu.be/LZFwXQKIaB4

141/238 Green
    Rest Day-movement
    25% water

• gemwolf110
    gemwolf110 Posts: 1,334 Member
    cbabie wrote: »
    Wow I guess I have been MIA for a bit, sorry. My life is a little weird right now...my DH has been in Alaska with my grandson and his wife, so I have not had "my" time to do some of the things I normally do. Hopefully this hasn't created new bad habits..LOL. I am determined to get back to the routine...Thanks for all the congrats on the loss..I hope I at least maintained or lose this week..LOL

@trooworld I am so excited for you, that is so great your piece was accepted..that sounds so exciting and FUN. Sorry about the tooth..I have a few that are showing signs of cracking (from clenching my jaw to keep my mouth shut)..LOL. but no ins and I am just trying to wait it out...glad you have some ins but know it's expensive no matter what...

@theslightedgeforever I think you did great while SIL was there...I don't think tea would make we want candy, but I have found that if I eat PB, I want more sweets...LOL Why don't you like the indoors? I HATE the outdoors..LOL

@TeresaW1020 I think Trooworld had a great idea about showing the difference...and yes our minds can be such a tricky and powerful thing. I am positive you look GREAT and you have accomplished so much, don't let you mind have the last say..LOL (unless it shows you what you really have accomplished) :)

@gemwolf110 I hope you like the DR..I haven't been in so long, and it's important to like your Dr or you just won't go...well at least I won't. LOL.

Cbabie

Love my new doctor. She seems very thorough and got along with her great! Gotta get bloodwork done. Will give it a few days after my bday.

Hope everyone has a great weekend! Happy Friday!
  • trooworld
    @cbabie I hope you get your "Me" time back. Thanks! It will be fun. Yeah I am glad I have insurance. Sorry you have cracked teeth. I clench my jaw really bad in my sleep even though I wear a mouthguard at night.

@TeresaW1020 I think I will eat before I go. Oh gosh, your poor mom! I got up at about 5:50 today which is sleeping in even on the weekends. I love the visual of your jeans!!! WTG!

@theslightedgeforever Gee, that's a hard question right now. I guess because I ate a healthy lunch and dinner. How about you? Don't put off your dental visit too much or you might have a surprise like me. :D

@gemwolf110 I'm glad you love your new doctor. Have a great weekend!

Hello all. I'm going to go shooting photos with my photo club today. I've been a member for years but have only actually gone to two events. I want to change that. We are shooting boats down by the water. We are eating at a seafood restaurant afterward.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 Funny thing about Oreos. I was reading a book a couple of days ago and read that word in the book. I suddenly had a strong craving and thought I have a box downstairs. Then same day an hour or so I was in the car and there was a billboard advertising them. I saw the word and thought Mmmmm. But now reading your word it does nothing for me. I think our moods and hormones control our thinking/behavior alot. That is an amazing pic. That would be my background on my phone. So I could see it always. I don't think I have any of my old fat pants. I kept one pair but can't find it anymore.

@gemwolf110 I hope everything turns out okay on your bloodwork. It's good you are being diligent about your health.

@trooworld I have been doing great since my guest left. It's so much easier. I love boats by the water. Could you go early and take a nice walk beforehand?

@cbabie I was thinking about you being a single mom right now while dh is away and thought single moms need to take care of their health too by exercising, eating right, etc. There is no one waiting in the wings. So what can you do today to move the needle forward just a bit on movement and eating right.

138/150-Yellow
    10 min walk
    50% water
  • TeresaW1020
    @trooworld that is great that you are going to hang out with your photo club today! Boats on the water will give you so many opportunities for some interesting shots. At one I got into photography. I loved going to the botanical gardens and taking macro shots of flowers, bugs, and whatever else would look cool in macro. :grin: I’m jealous that you live by the water and can get really good seafood. Enjoy your day! <3

@theslightedgeforever I agree that moods and hormones control a lot of thinking and behavior. Especially with food! That is a good idea to make the pants pic a background photo. DH asked if I plan to keep the size 20 pants and I said yes. I never want to forget where I’ve been and where I’m NOT going back to. :)

Hello! So, last evening DH suggested we go out for a final meal before my big blood sugar challenge. Of course, I agreed and we ended up at the local brewery where I had an incredible burger with bacon and avocado and the fries. We had two beers as well and then thought ice cream would be a good idea, so we went to the store before going home. It's no surprise that my weight was a little up this morning. But that is OK! I started tracking my glucose and we shall see how things progress. OK, I need to go give the dog a bath since the groomer can’t get her in until July! :#
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever We ended up walking a lot, which always happens when we shoot. I walked nearly 11,000 steps yesterday. It was nice but I was so tired from being in the sun and walking so much that I took nearly a 2-hour nap when I got back.

@TeresaW1020 It was fun. I do like taking macro-ish shots (I say ish because I don't have a true macro lens set up, I just have a 50mm lens which gets pretty close). Yes, we can get good seafood although yesterday was not as planned...more on that below. That sounds like a fun night out at the brewery.

Hello all. Well, I did shoot photos yesterday but not with the photo club except for one member. The organizer threw his back out so canceled the Meetup but the three of us (me, the member, and my friend who is also a member) didn't get the email. So the three of us went on our own photoshoot. We saw a seal jumping and barking in the water but unfortunately, we couldn't get a good shot of him. We talked to many friendly people that were curious about our photo gear and what we were shooting. I petted many sweet dogs. I got nearly 11,000 steps. Afterward, my friend and I went to lunch at this Greek restaurant. I got the charbroiled chicken breast with mashed potatoes and avgolemono soup. It also came with a small salad which I ate part of. Today I'm taking it easy besides going for groceries.

• theslightedgeforever
    edited June 2021
    @teresaw1020 Even if I lived close to the water I don't think I would enjoy seafood. lol As close as I get is Long John Silvers. I grew up eating fried catfish but something happened along the way. I don't know. Were you the one reading The Beck Diet Solution? I just love that book. I'm currently doing that for my 100 day group. Second time around. I did it in October when I was about 6 weeks into carb cycling. I think it had a lot to do with my success then. It's been fun rereading my journal I wrote back then each day. I'm following the same template and adding my notes to the top to see how much I've progressed. Or not.....in some areas. I think I'd like to do this book every other year as a review course.

@trooworld Good for you for being so active. I bet you got a lot of good shots. That hot sun can zap the energy from you. Your lunch sounded good but I had to look up your soup. oh that sounds good and would be very good on my plan it sounds like. You want a good laugh? I was not pronouncing it right at first. My first attempt was Av-gole-mono So I was thinking it has like one main ingredient in it. Then I looked up the recipe and saw it's pronounced Ahvo-lemono (lemon-egg) :D:D

I just had a good NSV. Yesterday I wanted some ice cream and had planned for it being a green day and all. Dh didn't want to go get some. I didn't want to go all the way there by myself. So I knew exactly what would happen today. He would ask to go get some. Which he did. We were out doing errands and he said do you want to go get that ice cream now? NO but you can have some. Don't let me stop you. He says I feel bad. I was thinking you should be. >:) He compromised and got a plain vanilla cone from McDonalds. Part of my Beck training this week is to eat what you have planned for the day. It's the unplanned eating that gets us in trouble. The food will always be there, we can get it another time if we want. Well I have 4 red days until Thursday. I could plan it in maybe for tomorrow but I told him on the weekend. So Yaaaay me. I will re-lose the weight I gained during corona.

I lost 2.1 lbs this week

147/238-Green
    70 min walking
    50% water

• TeresaW1020
    @trooworld What a fun day it sounds like you had shooting pics, petting dogs, and chatting with people. Like the slightedge I had to Google that soup and it looks amazing!! I pinned a recipe for future remembrance. I love all things lemon! <3

@theslightedgeforever I was the one reading the Beck Diet Solution and I did enjoy it. I need to revisit the book to see what new insights I can get. I’m still trying to slow down my eating! :D The one fish I’ve tried that I hated was catfish. Way too many bones! I watch this show, Alaska the Last Frontier and I get so jealous of all the salmon those people get to eat. :grin: That is awesome that you stayed strong and didn’t eat the ice cream. Although it's a bummer that your DH didn’t get it on the day that you could eat it. Men!! :|

Hello everyone! I fear the Georgia heat and humidity is upon us and will only get worse! B) After church and lunch, DH and I went over to the nursery and bought some more flowers for two of my containers that haven’t done very well on the porch. I got some more Begonias because those things survive no matter what, and some pretty dark pink double blossomed Petunias. I’ll plant them in the morning when it’s not so hot. I did a killer upper body workout this morning and my arms aren’t pleased with me right now, so I need to rest anyway. :D I’m on day two of taking my blood glucose. After tomorrow I will get my “trigger” number and then the fun will really begin. :grin:
  • trooworld
    @theslightedgeforever I got *some* good shots but honestly, shooting boats is not really my thing. Yeah the soup is really good and I like it with a little bit of feta on top. Oh, I guess I'm pronouncing it wrong too! LOL I pronounce it "avgo-lemono" with a G in it. Oops! That's great that you were able to resist the ice cream. You WILL release that weight, I know it! Congrats on that great loss. :D

@TeresaW1020 It was a really fun day. You'll like the soup. I recommend adding a little feta as a topping. Oh dear about the heat! I can't wait to hear more about your blood glucose trigger number.

Hi all. I did something different this week with groceries: I didn't buy sugar-free Reeses peanut butter cups. I've been buying them lately but I think it is triggering me to snack. We'll see how I do.

• cbabie
    cbabie Posts: 1,561 Member
    Morning all, I am so far behind and I am sorry I have not been on here. I have done horrible eating and no exercise...however I lost .8 lbs this week. I think it's pure stress..LOL. I plan to make this week different.

@trooworld I think your right about the sugar free Reeses cups...my Dad used to try to eat that because he is a diabetic, but it had a bad effect on him and he decided the real thing is better..LOL He really ate mostly what he wanted. I am not telling you to do that his health was not great.

@TeresaW1020 I love the pictures of the jeans...I agree put it on your phone screen....:). My DH is visiting my grandson and enjoying himself.

@theslightedgeforever Yea I am trying to do better this week.

Cbabie
  • trooworld
    @cbabie No worries, I'm sorry you are struggling though. Congrats on the loss! Yeah, I think if I want Reeses I'll just not keep them in the house and get single servings once in a while.

Hello all. I did better yesterday at work: I didn't go to the cafe and I didn't go to the vending machines. I brought 2 snacks of my own (a WW bar and a single-serving back of Goldfish) and I stuck to those plus my lunch. Tonight, I have an event for my exhibition: it's where all the artists in the show meet each other. I am going to try to eat before I go but I have to go into the office again today and the timing may be tricky.

• theslightedgeforever
    @teresaw1020 I'm too slow to eat. My problem was when I stopped preplanning my meals each morning to make sure I hit my target for the day. When corona hit at first I was having problems getting eggs. Then I couldn't find my regular cheese. Then hubby started working from home. Add stress and having to fix 3 meals a day and preplanning went out the window. First thing. So that is one of the skills I have been working on. I've been doing well reading my response cards everyday. I have a list of advantage cards that were compliments and NSV I wrote down during that 6 months I lost weight. I read those everyday to remind me I can get there again. Darn corona! What's the name of your other group? Yes on the catfish bones. I grew up always hearing be careful of the bones. You might choke. I'll be interesting to hear your results on your glucose.

@trooworld Interesting on the Reeses. It probably doesn't taste the same but I bet I could get used to it. I've been buying the miniatures so I can just pop one in my mouth. But I'm now trying to put them on my green days only and plan them out instead of impulse eating one. I bet I would like feta cheese on that soup. You did so good at work. Now just to repeat. One day at a time. Exciting tonight for the meet-greet artist event. What are you wearing? Something artsy?

@cbabie Hooray on your weight loss. So start anew and eat healthy today and do some movement today.

88/100-red
    Rest Day-movement
    25% water