75+ lbs. to Lose

Options
rhaiin
rhaiin Posts: 35 Member
edited June 2021 in Introduce Yourself
I'm currently 250 lbs. My goal is 175 lbs. or more. I will start tracking my calorie intake today and I will be incorporating more exercise into my lifestyle. To start, I plan on going to the gym on Wednesdays and Fridays, plus I plan to take a walk at least once a week. I am very out of shape and stuggle with doing too much exercise right now.

I am the heaviest that I have ever been and I'm ready to make a change. I'm tired of being tired, in pain, and unattractive. I want to be healthier and the only way to do that is to actually be committed and start better habits. I am familiar with MFP because I have used it in the past, so I will be using the app to help me keep on track.

Replies

• AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 32,034 Member
    Options
    Hello, and welcome!

It sounds like you have a good plan, taking things gradually but making positive changes. One thing you might want to check out is this group, which is for people who have or had 75+ pounds to lose:

https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers

It's quite active, with lots of nice, helpful, supportive participants, everything from some who've lost significant amounts of weight already, to beginners.

Wishing you huge success - it's for sure worth it!
  • JanelleG0122
    JanelleG0122 Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Hi! I'm also close to your weight! I love the goals you set forth for yourself!
  • SaturnsbestMoon
    SaturnsbestMoon Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    I'm in the same boat. I'm so out of shape that physical activity is painful and difficult but I am determined to beat my previous success of losing 40 lbs (6 years ago)! This time I won't back to my old habits!
  • rhaiin
    rhaiin Posts: 35 Member
    Options
    Heading to the gym after work today and my calories are looking good so far. Add me if you would like. I'm online often.
  • Foxotia
    Foxotia Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Welcome to MFP! I currently weigh 250 lbs (with a tiny crumb on the side). I'll send you a friend request! 😍