Anyone use dance videos for exercise?

Is looking into Beachbody.
I'm wondering about their dance style workout videos.

Anyone use these with success?

Are there any free (or cheaper) options online?

Replies

• Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Just look up Zumba orcardio dance on YpuTune and you will find a TON for free. You'll have to deal with shorts ads every now and then it to me it's not a big deal. You can find whole classes, or what I do is just pick one song and then YouTube typically follows it up with a similar song/dance sale. It's great because it's a variety and I can do as many as I want.

• JJordon
    JJordon Posts: 857 Member
    edited May 2021
    Beachbody has some good options.

Just off the top of my head:

Shawn T's Rockin' Body and Hip-Hop Abs.

Autumn C's Country Heat.

Chalene Johnson's Turbo Jam, Turbo Fire, and to a lesser degree Chalean eXtreme.

Les Mills Combat

Beachbody's attempt at an in-house Les Mills Combat, Core de Force.

I've completed a round of Turbo Jam and Chalean eXtreme, back to back, which are dancy-type, music-based cardio kickboxing in the past with success. Especially when paired with UFC-type open fingered MMA gloves 4-8 ounces, or the once touted Les Mills Combat gloves, when Les Mills was being licensed by Beachbody for a time.

The other programs, I have not tried.
  • skinnyrev2b
    skinnyrev2b Posts: 400 Member
    I do Pop sugar cardio dance vids. I find them lots of fun to do and an easy way of getting some cardio in without feeling like you're working over hard.
  • Rannoch3908
    Rannoch3908 Posts: 177 Member
    Any free ones?
  • Speakeasy76
    Speakeasy76 Posts: 961 Member
    Any free ones?

Just search for "cardio dance" or "Zumba" on YouTube and you will find a ton of free ones.
  • CLAWSMITH
    CLAWSMITH Posts: 17 Member
    I like shinedancefitness.com
    The cheapest tier is $11/month and they release several new workouts every week.

They have some free workouts (with ads) on YouTube if you want to test them out first.
  • Jazzykatt
    Jazzykatt Posts: 38 Member
    I do Up To The Beat Fitness on YouTube. The host is Gina B. She has a great variety of fun and easy dance workouts with popular music from the decades.
  • Amberh82
    Amberh82 Posts: 468 Member
    I second shinedancefitness.com. I started out doing their youtube videos then joined their online classes. They are a lot of fun.