Personal Case Study

Lyndibugg
Lyndibugg Posts: 1 Member
Hello new friends! I have been on WW for as long as I can remember and until recently, only paid attention to my "points". As I get older I have decided I need to be more educated on what goes into my body and not so focused on points. I have started on a personal case study to find out how many calories I am actually eating by double tracking. I'm not perfect and it is still a work in progress but I think I have been surprised by how much sodium and how little protein I am consuming! It also appears that my WW point target and my daily calorie goal are not in sync with each other. It is very interesting to me. I’m excited to continue down the path of self-discovery and hope it helps me to lose the weight and just be healthier, overall. I hope to find support and tips from all of you along the way. Have a happy Tuesday. :)

Replies

• Dootzy1
    Dootzy1 Posts: 2,116 Member
    Here's to success in managing your health!! It is a process, but you have access to many tools that can get you there. You have to ask yourself what you can do that is sustainable and fits your life, as you know.... There isn't any magic to it, and consistency is key! :)
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Welcome! I recently switched from WW. I really missed not seeing my macros for each day.
  • AmunahSki
    AmunahSki Posts: 87 Member
    Sounds interesting (especially the sodium)! I have often wondered how WW and Slimming World points compare to calorie counting.
  • Rimtimtim
    Rimtimtim Posts: 21 Member
    @starrynightskys that sounds like teaching people to eat like they have an ED.
  • wunderkindking
    wunderkindking Posts: 1,615 Member
    I hate weight watchers. Primarily because there's no education involved and, like most other 'pay to use' programs it's... Designed to ensure that you either keep paying them or fail.

Also: Protein matters. So much. I tracked protein on MFP before I cared about calories or weight loss or even not being obese. Sub 20 grams every day I tracked.

...That's TERRIBLE.
  • Ruthless2911
    Ruthless2911 Posts: 3 Member
    AmunahSki wrote: »
    Sounds interesting (especially the sodium)! I have often wondered how WW and Slimming World points compare to calorie counting.

I've tracked while doing slimming world and i was eating 1500-1800 calories a day. With an average of 1700. But as you eat to satiety i guess that's going to be quite different depending on what you like to eat and how much!
  • MAMADEE016
    MAMADEE016 Posts: 3 Member
    We should all be Personal Case Studies! ;) I tried WW 2 or 3 times, years ago. I've done some other plans too. But we are each individuals. For some of us that means we will never fit any one plan, program, process, etc. After so much frustration, I too, began breaking it all down as far as I could and then (usually with trial & error) discovering what worked for me, with me, and what didn't. For me, sodium & several other electrolytes (minerals) go through me so fast I have to be sure to include a certain amount daily or I lose critical functions. Protein is another thing I have to keep a close watch on due to related health issues. Bottom line, learn what YOUR body needs & doesn't need and as you provide those in optimum quantities you'll see things improve. :)
  • fittocycle
    fittocycle Posts: 825 Member
    I"m doing the same thing right now. I'm a lifetime member of WW's but find that I learn more about what I'm actually eating through MFP. I believe that no matter which program you follow, the more important thing is to be honest with your tracking.