• slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    ykqixcpebp10.jpg
  • seltzermint555
    seltzermint555 Posts: 10,742 Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    ykqixcpebp10.jpg

This totally looks like a must read.

I just finished the YA masterpiece "Front Desk" by Kelly Yang - and about to start Seth Rogen's "Yearbook"
  • slessofme
    slessofme Posts: 7,739 Member
    slessofme wrote: »
    ykqixcpebp10.jpg

This totally looks like a must read.

I just finished the YA masterpiece "Front Desk" by Kelly Yang - and about to start Seth Rogen's "Yearbook"

I'm cheesy about themes for my book club selections. I chose it for Father's Day and a lot of the member loved the idea (yay!). Let me know what you think.
  • melaniedscott
    melaniedscott Posts: 1,290 Member
    Just finishedThe Queen's Weapons by Anne Bishop and am reading (again) Iron and Magic by Ilona Andrews...looking forward to IA releasing the next book in the saga...
  • NVintage
    NVintage Posts: 1,463 Member
    edited June 2021
    y1s6qzooxuw0.png

“Good advice is always certain to be ignored, but that's no reason not to give it.”
    ― Agatha Christie
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    edited June 2021
    The Guardians by John Grisham, love it but scary to think about high numbers of wrongfully convicted inmates and the corruption behind it all. :(
  • melaniedscott
    ReenieHJ wrote: »
    The Guardians by John Grisham, love it but scary to think about high numbers of wrongfully convicted inmates and the corruption behind it all. :(

That's scary...but what's scarier (in the US) is the number of people in prison for truely stupid stuff (who would be better off sentenced to work requirements and paying restitution) who get out and end up hardened criminals because our system is broken, the record makes it exceptionally hard to get a job, and parole conditions are pretty crazy.
  • JustAMurmur
    JustAMurmur Posts: 7,867 Member
    InnerFitness by Nordine Zouareg
  • Motorsheen
    Motorsheen Posts: 20,493 Member
    Atomic Habits
  • KosmosKitten
    KosmosKitten Posts: 10,476 Member
    91jpfke2t6l.jpg?revision=1595953704
  • littlegoblinprince
    littlegoblinprince Posts: 5 Member
    About to get back into Home Before Dark by Riley Sager and then I'll be waiting for The Final Girl Support Group by Grady Hendrix to come out in July. Also going to start rereading Ariana Franklin's Mistress of the Art of Death series soon.
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    I am currently on Book 2 of the Discovery of Witches series.

After that, I'll probably read Orphan Train
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    pinuplove wrote: »
    Stephen King Wizard and Glass (from the Dark Tower series), and it's taking for freaking ever because I keep falling asleep after a few pages...

All of the Dark Tower books are great, but Wizard and Glass is my favorite.
  • SERobinsonJr
    SERobinsonJr Posts: 94 Member
    The Three-Body Problem by Cixin Liu
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member
    Don't know if it counts, but I'm currently listening to the audiobook, "The Whisper Man" by Alex North, while walking. It's a thriller, not my usual genre, but his soothing voice is pleasant to listen to... should be finished by the weekend.
  • melaniedscott
    Don't know if it counts, but I'm currently listening to the audiobook, "The Whisper Man" by Alex North, while walking. It's a thriller, not my usual genre, but his soothing voice is pleasant to listen to... should be finished by the weekend.

A soothing thriller. That's...funny. ☺

I'm starting Your Leadership Edge by Ed O'Malley and Amanda Cebula for work. Just finished Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs (reread). Will probably read her Dead Heat again next. I'm just too tired to read anything new that requires cognition. And too intolerant after hand holding at work all day to read anything dumb (procedural mysteries, for example...the cat or dog or librarian solving crime).
  • NerdyScienceGrl
    NerdyScienceGrl Posts: 669 Member
    “What are you hungry for” by Deepak Chopra and “Sand County Almanac” by Aldo Leopold
  • RastaLousGirl
    RastaLousGirl Posts: 2,119 Member
    fmsk3uyd1r38.png
  • BraydanTaffy
    BraydanTaffy Posts: 504 Member

A soothing thriller. That's...funny. ☺

I'm starting Your Leadership Edge by Ed O'Malley and Amanda Cebula for work. Just finished Burn Bright by Patricia Briggs (reread). Will probably read her Dead Heat again next. I'm just too tired to read anything new that requires cognition. And too intolerant after hand holding at work all day to read anything dumb (procedural mysteries, for example...the cat or dog or librarian solving crime).

Haha. You're funny.

Well said... his smooth, soft voice adds a sinister quality to the story. Think of the phrase, "Good Morning, Clarice".

Interesting that when I have to use my thought processes so much during the day that my tunnel-brain is left utterly depleted, I like something to read which doesn't require much effort on my part. It's not as sophomoric as the dog solving the crime with the librarian (lol)... but, if this audiobook's plot turns out to flow in that direction, it will only be a 50% loss, due to aforementioned vocal tones. Readers described the story as frightening, so that's all I know & I'm looking forward to getting into it.

When my brain is fried, I like 1970s US/UK punk journals to read. Might be simplistic stories, but they're filled with all sorts of debauchery & tales that makes one wonder why... like when you see the bldg jumpers in Russia who climb the tallest blds & do acrobatics/skateboarding on ledges not meant for human bodies to venture. Sure takes me on a ride akin to Iggy Pop & Courtney Love on a NYC sugar laden club crawl.

Have a great weekend & enjoy your next book! I'll keep following your posts to see which you choose. :smile:
  • ilfaith
    ilfaith Posts: 16,769 Member
    The New Girl, by Daniel Silva