• SilverJem77
    SilverJem77 Posts: 46 Member
    I walked 5.8 miles :)
  • SilverJem77
    SilverJem77 Posts: 46 Member
    I walked 5.8 miles :)
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    Final build week started with a bike/run brick session today.

1:12:00 trainer ride, starting some warmup outputs, drills, etc, then 4 x 12 minute "sweet spot" blocks, maintaining 195W power output through various cadence ladders. Jumped off the bike and into a 15 minute transition run.

Swim day tomorrow, first of 3 swims this week.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    I went climbing. I started pretty well, but got pumped quickly. I lasted 90 minutes, but didn't get anything meaningful for the last 45 minutes,.

I guess 10 days off climbing hurt my endurance. I spent most of my time on the cave routes, as climbing upside down is more fun. Maybe I should have done some slab.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    Went to rooftop yoga last night. First workout in several days (since my hard Friday workout). Sunday I got volunteered to make a picnic dinner, so didn't have much time, Monday my wife had early plans for Memorial Day and yesterday I had two repairmen show up at lunch.

Really missing my cardio right now. Back at it today finally. Missed the half marathon. Wasn't feeling it. First club challenge I haven't done in a year. I felt, based on doing an hour, I'm not ready for that right now.
  • Djproulx
    Did a swim focused on pacing and endurance today. 2600yds total.

Warmups, then 4 x 100s at pace, then 4 x400s steady/hard as follows:
    1 first 300 steady, 100 hard, 20s recovery
    2 first 200 steady, 200 hard, 15s recovery
    3 first 100 steady, 300 hard 10s recovery
    4. 400 hard

I was gassed at the end. I really need the 3x's/week sessions, including open water swims, that are coming up over the next couple weeks.

Run day tomorrow - aerobic repeats.
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Moring bootcamp with weight training... evening - walk or run.. mostly end up walking but have to get a few runs in to practice for my 10K that is this month..
  • Djproulx
    dethstar77 wrote: »
    Moring bootcamp with weight training... evening - walk or run.. mostly end up walking but have to get a few runs in to practice for my 10K that is this month..

Do you ever use a run/walk approach? Run/walk is doable on the challenging days and really helps build run fitness. If you're building to a 10k, a run/walk (say 4min run/1min walk) approach might be an option you would enjoy on some of your run days.
  • MikePfirrman
    Back to cardio today. An hour of steady state work, all under 75% max HR. I did the first 30 minutes on the rower on the deck (94 degrees, a real cold spell for Tucson this time of year!) and then 30 minutes on the LateralX and Assault Bike split up.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    ran a 5k. My running programme suggested a slow run. I ran a threshold run, and actually the fastest 5k since 2016. At outside temperatures of still around 27C. Ooops! Btw, I also had the second covid shot yesterday, thus I should have taken it slowly. Oh well.. nothing happened.
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,717 Member
    edited June 2021
    * Around 7k rowing bow in the double. Forgot to stop Garmin before carrying multiple boats, oars, so when it said 7376m, I know that was too far. 🤷‍♀️ My main double partner (all amazing long 6' of her!) was back in stroke, for the first time this season, after her foot surgery, which was nice. Lovely weather, too, for (cringe) kind of forcing my previous stroke rower into her single (where she did beautifully, and which she enjoys, so my guilt is my problem entirely). We had two doubles and 1 single, so 5 rowers, out this morning in temps around 70F and really calm water.
    * About 1.91 mile walk and chat with my double partner after rowing, 2.8mph.
    * 3.43 mile walk nearer home, solo, 3.6mph.
    * 41' strength training.
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    edited June 2021
    Yesterday, I did lower body lifts. I took it fairly easy, as I hadn't lifted for a while due to the scuba mega-trip.

I did:
    • Squat, 70 kgs, 3 sets of 10
    • Deadlift, 100 kgs, 2 sets of 10
    • Walking lunges, 32 kgs, length of garden for 3 sets.

I did an hour of yoga early this morning. I'll probably go for an evening climb.
  • rhaiin
    rhaiin Posts: 35 Member
    Yesterday, I went to the gym for the first time in almost 2 years. I took it easy to avoid hurting myself.

- 15 minutes recumbent bike
    - 15 minutes combination Lat Pulldowns, Leg Extensions, Chest Press, Bicep Curls, Leg Press
    - 15 minutes elliptical
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Morning Bootcamp.. evening will be badminton
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    first lift in 3 weeks! granted, i just went to move my body and not bother my achilles tendon but it felt good!!
  • cwolfman13
    cwolfman13 Posts: 41,879 Member
    Usual morning walk. I have a 30 minute interval session this afternoon on Zwift and then I'm taking my oldest to the skate park this evening and I'll do some scootering.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    Overdid things a bit today. First a bodyweight workout after lunch that was particularly tough on the legs: went from cossack squats to assisted pistols, and had a look if an elastic band might help with my pullup and dip problems.

Then went on a 6.44km run, which was haaaaard considering the strength training and the rather warm, and humid weather. Also developed a blister on the outside middle foot again. Why do I get blisters there?!? It's such an odd place.
  • MikePfirrman
    yirara wrote: »
    Overdid things a bit today. First a bodyweight workout after lunch that was particularly tough on the legs: went from cossack squats to assisted pistols, and had a look if an elastic band might help with my pullup and dip problems.

Then went on a 6.44km run, which was haaaaard considering the strength training and the rather warm, and humid weather. Also developed a blister on the outside middle foot again. Why do I get blisters there?!? It's such an odd place.

My guess (and this is a wild one) is that you supinate (or underpronate), as opposed to overpronate. I tend to do this as well. You likely have strong arches. If you look at the bottom of your shoes, do you wear the outside out first? That's the surest sign. Maybe have a running store look at your gait. If you underpronate, you don't want to be wearing a shoe for overpronaters (the most common shoes), with huge arch supports. That would likely cause it.

Today was just 55 minutes of easy cardio. Fan overhead on the deck barely helped. Near 95 at lunch today with no wind. Might have to move the rower to the garage.

• tuckerrj
    tuckerrj Posts: 1,453 Member
    70 minutes weight training (mostly upper body), 20 minute stationary bike, then later 60 minutes mowing our lawn.
  • Djproulx
    Run day today. 63 minutes with aerobic intervals: 4 x (8min on/3 min easy)

Next three days are two sessions per day, starting with an early morning swim and an evening trainer ride tomorrow.