Need some advice losing weight

Hi everyone!

Here are my stats:

Sex: male
Height: ~174cm
Weight: ~ 81kg
Body fat: ~ 26%

I work roughly 5 days a week and my role requires me to stand pretty much all the time. I complete about 7K - 10K steps because I sometimes find the opportunity to sit but the role doesn’t require any heavy duty work or heavy lifting.

On my days off, I’m not active. I’m going to try and strength train for 30 min 3/4x per week as I used to.

I lost so much weight from Oct 2020 - Dec 2020. From Jan - March 2021, I plateaued but I managed to get down to 79kg in Mid April. Then it was my birthday and I kinda went off track. Luckily, I kind of maintained my weight because I think the 79kg in April was due to water weight loss. But who knows, maybe I actually was 79kg. Anyhow, I’m struggling to know how many calories I should eat. Because I’m constantly working, I don’t want to he depriving myself of food. But at the same time, I don’t want to overeat and not be in a defecit. I am trying to keep my protein intake high to about 150g+. I just haven’t felt the buzz of doing strength training anymore. I don’t have the energy....whereas I used to love it and the thought of it would energise me. But now, I genuinely feel weak and sloppy.

Would appreciate some advice! I know what I need to do, I just need a clear plan of calories.

Replies

• mrvivinwales
    mrvivinwales Posts: 36 Member
    Try to eat only unprocessed food and drink plenty of water
  • penguinmama87
    penguinmama87 Posts: 1,158 Member
    I like the idea of finding something to do on the days you're not working. Do you have hobbies or interests you enjoy (not even necessarily exercise related?) I could be reading too much into it, but my first thought was that you seem kind of down, which generally makes everything seem bleak and much more difficult than it actually is.

I find I work best with a regular routine I stick to even independent of work (I don't work outside of the home so much of my routine is self-imposed.) I do the routine even if I don't "feel like it." I know it isn't super intense, but walking is very good exercise and IMO good for the soul - you're breathing fresh air and get to take in the sights. Even better if you have access to a mostly natural landscape or at least lots of trees and other plants. That might be something pleasant to do when you don't have other obligations.
  • cmriverside
    cmriverside Posts: 33,907 Member
    I agree with Sijomial. *always*

When I get easily fatigued, it's because I'm under-eating in general, not getting decent nutrition, or not getting enough sleep.

150g of protein is fine, but how are you on your fruits and vegetables? Healthy fats? Fiber? I find I need a well rounded, varied diet with a lot of fruit, vegetables, legumes and nuts, lean protein including seafood, and dairy. My mental health is as important to me as my physical health. I get my 7-9 hours of sleep...super important. I also don't drink alcohol, but if you're a moderate drinker that probably won't affect your energy or moods.