Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were KCM 30MTF Train Like a Contender which was a lot of fun with the 1lb weights, STS Meso 1, Disk 7: Biceps Only and stretching.

We were in the 80's again today with a little humidity. In the late afternoon the sky turned dark and I prayed for rain but we only got a few sprinkles.

Laurie, great workout and it sounds like a lot of fun too!

Thank you for the compliment on the birdbath! I hope the hummingbirds find the birdbath but I'm not feeling hopeful. We are going to experiment with an electric pump over the weekend and DH is going to setup a timer so it only works during the day. Although we are pleasantly surprised with this solar powered pump. The backup battery seems to charge nicely and we think the fountain runs the entire night but we're not sure about that. All I know is that at 6:30 this morning when it was still a little dark the fountain was running as if the sun were hitting the solar panel.
    I love having a birdbath fountain out on the deck. It's so soothing and calming to hear the water sounds. We were given a beautiful windchime as a gift and that is another thing we love. It's not loud at all. It's another calming sound around the deck. We could use some of your rain. Please send it our way!

Laurel, great workouts!! I hear you about tomorrow's workout!!

Thanks for the compliment on the bench. When I took that picture DH had just put it there with the tag still on. I can't see the bench unless I am outside and walk down toward our firepit area or hang over the deck's railing to look down at it! LOL
    We found it at Lowe's surprisingly. They had two styles. I tried searching for places that sold concrete or cement benches around here but there was nothing close by so I was lucky to have found it at Lowe's.

I can't believe your sun is so intense! The only plant we're watering twice a day is the hydrangea but it's because the sun doesn't hit the pollinator garden until the early afternoon. The deck doesn't get sun until after 3pm. I water most of my potted plants every day but I touch the soil to make sure they need water.

I learned from the Mennonite man we spoke to that Sorghum Molasses, Sorghum and King's syrup are all the same thing! I had no idea you were so close to the TN border!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,403 Member
    Morning Ladies,

My workout was a longer one this morning so had to get up early to get it done. The workout was RAW Heavy Weight Bootcamp, it was an upper body part 3 sets of 8, lower body 3 sets of 8, abs and a non intense cardio. She did mostly boxing moves. I was good with that. Went heavy on this one, so I understand why she didn't do intense cardio.

Some not so good news, my oldest dd and her dh had one of their cars stolen right in their driveway at around 6pm. Talk about bold. They had just gotten back from their run, and where getting cleaned up. Neither of them heard anything, but Zoe did bark. Hopefully they recover the vehicle.

Laurel, Nice job on the workouts! How nice that you could watch those baby elephants on instagram. I will have to tell my dd about that, because I'm sure that she would love watching. My niece will actually be coming down to our house this weekend. Another niece is graduating from HS, and my sister, my mom and niece will be staying. My youngest dd will be handling all the hair for the wedding, so this will give her an opportunity to do some tweaking on the brides hair. I just wish that those STS workouts where shorter, then I would join you in the fun.

Thelma, Very nice workouts! TLC is one of my favorite workouts, glad that you enjoyed it. Very nice to have the chime to listen to also. I really love hearing those chimes, but my DH doesn't like them. :o We have the timer for our water fountain too, and DH also the lights on our deck. Some of the nice things about summer, is just enjoying your yard.

I am going to be off on vacation when I leave work tonight, so I don't know if I will be on to chat. I will be getting the house a little more organized for our guests. We have not had anyone staying at our house in quite a while.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,756 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 9/Legs followed by a 45 minute Peloton spin and STS Extended Stretch. I was drenched at the end of that spin ride and just sat under my ceiling fan for a good five minutes cooling off. Summer is back....even if the calendar says differently.

Thelma, great workouts! The sun here is very intense and all of our neighbors are struggling with keeping their grass alive....and so are we. Our neighbors across the street just had all of their sod replaced this weekend (after the same company that killed our grass killed theirs too.....but worse) and they just can’t get enough water on it right now. It seems so early for this and I worry that if we don’t get any rain, the water restrictions won’t be far behind. We have a chance for some storms on Friday, and I have my fingers crossed. Anyhow, we have had a couple hummingbirds buzz by us over the last few days, so there is still hope they will find your birdbath! I was very surprised to see them.

Laurie, sounds like another good workout. But that is not good news about your DD’s car! I would never think somebody would steal the car it of my driveway in broad daylight. I hope they recover it....and that it is in good shape if/when they do. Sounds like you are going to have a house full this weekend. I hope you enjoy the time off and the time with your family. The organization I support for elephants in Kenya is the Sheldrick Wildlife Trust....if you want to pass that on to your DD. I am reading the autobiography of its founder, and it is amazing what goes into raising baby elephants. Oh...and you can always do STS as one body part workouts with us every other week. :D

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Peloton Ride, STS Meso 1, Disc 9 Legs followed by a nice stretch/massage session.
    We had another warm day here and still no rain. Hopefully on Friday though. The wind picked up in the afternoon for a while for the first time in a couple of weeks.

Laurie, fantastic workout!
    OMG! I can't believe your dd and her dh got their car stolen right out of their driveway with them inside the house!! Do they have security cameras? I hope they recover their car too.

I didn't think I'd like the windchimes and I had DH install it as far away from the house as possible. We realized that it wasn't loud at all so I had him move it below the deck so we could actually hear it. Supposedly it plays a few notes of Amazing Grace. We've yet to hear anything that sounds like Amazing Grace! LOL

I hope you have a wonderful long weekend!

Laurel, great workouts!! I did a 20 minute ride that turned into a 25 minute ride. I was foolish to pick a 'Mood' ride because it was a Cody ride. Now they're trying to play psychologists. They even have a disclaimer at the beginning of the ride that they're not psychologists. I don't understand why they feel that they have to play one. BIG mistake to have chosen that ride. It was aggravating to me.

I hope you and your neighbors are able to keep the grass alive in your homes. We don't worry about the grass. Back in MA there was no sense of worrying about keeping the grass alive because we always had water restrictions and could only water once a week. I don't remember having water restrictions the last two years. I can't imagine having sod replaced at this time.
    I'm so glad you had a couple of hummingbirds buzz by over you!! We didn't see a single one today. I know the females are nesting and there's plenty of food for them in nature. I'm OK if at least DH sees one but today he didn't see or hear them when he was sitting out on the deck working.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 8/Triceps followed by Cathe Live Love Me Some Cardio Kickboxing. That cardio workout is always a fun one.

Thelma, great workouts! Thank you so much for warning me about the ‘mood’ workouts! I saw they had done some ‘mood’ yoga....but I won’t be trying it. Like you, I don’t need psychotherapy during my workouts. Thankfully they have enough workouts to be able to avoid those, and hopefully that continues. But, as horrible as this sounds, at my age, I have a hard time taking in life lessons from somebody in their 20’s. :# That doesn’t mean I can’t learn from somebody 30-40 or even 50 years younger than me. But when it comes to things like ‘coping’ or ‘self esteem’, I have a tendency to think I am just in a very different place given my life experiences. I hope that doesn’t make me sound horrible!! Anyhow, we have chimes that play a song too, and every now and again I can hear it. But it is rarely. I never thought I would like chimes, but our realtor gifted them to us when we moved in, and I really enjoy them. But, like yours, they are quiet. We are still hoping for rain too.....it looks like it right now, but I don’t think we will get anything until tomorrow. But at least it is going to be cooler this weekend. :)

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, Vinyasa Flow, STS Meso 1, Disk 8: Triceps Only and Stretching.

It was pretty warm here today but by 6PM we had a nice cool breeze. I hope we get some rain tomorrow though.

We're going out to dinner on Friday with another couple so that should be fun.

Laurel, great workouts! That kickboxing workout sounds like a lot of fun!
    I was hoping next week was our recovery week but nooo! I'll have mentally prepare myself for full STS next week! I think the recreation center re-opens next week so may start playing pickleball again; which should be fun.

I should've selected another Peloton ride the moment I saw the medical disclaimer. I hear you. I don't need psychotherapy during my workouts either. I just don't understand why they do that. I guess some people need it. It doesn't sound horrible to me at all. I certainly don't want mental advice from anybody unless I've asked for it! I'm glad they at least classified the classes under Mood so we know not to go there!
    I'm glad you're enjoying your chimes too!

Have a wonderful weekend!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 8/Back followed by a 30 minute HiiT and Hills ride into a 10 minute climb from Peloton. I am ready for a recovery day tomorrow. :)

Thelma, great workouts! I was thinking the exact same thing about a recovery week next week! But, at the same time, I am also ready to be done with Meso 1, which is my least favorite of the Mesocycles. I pulled out my Week 4 worksheets to remind myself come Sunday morning that I have a full workout to do. We’ll see how we feel after the first two weeks of Meso 2, and if we both feel the same way again, we will start adding in more recovery weeks. I think part of my problem this week is I am still getting used to the heat again because it definitely makes me feel more tired after my workouts.

Thanks for understanding what I was trying to say with my criticism of those ‘mood’ workouts. I like enthusiasm and somebody to ‘push’ me at times but that’s about it. But, like I said, I think there are still plenty of rides like that. I can’t imagine some instructors are too comfortable playing couch psychiatrist on a spin cycle either!! :D

Like you, I am so hoping for rain today, but it is beginning to look like it will miss us. But we have cooler temps on tap for the next couple of days and I am ready for that too. I hope you enjoy your time with friends and enjoy the long weekend!

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice Memorial Day weekend. We had a nice and quiet weekend. We didn't do much except a little gardening and our biggest accomplishment was to organize our pantry! LOL
    We finally got rain on Friday night and Saturday. There's no rain being predicted for this week though.

We went out to dinner with our friends on Friday and had a great time and the food was wonderful.

My workouts on Friday were Gina B 2000 Steps and STS Meso 1, Disk 8: Back Only + Stretching.
    Sunday: Gina B 60's Power Walk and STS Meso 1, Disc 10, Chest, Shoulders, Biceps + stretching.
    Monday: Cathe's Lean Legs & Abs, KCM "RAW" 15-minute Boxing workout twice, followed by stretching and leg massage.
    I hadn't done the Lean & Leg's workout in a long time. What a fantastic workout! I need to do it more often. I was going to do the STS Leg workout for this week but I was feeling tired so went for something easier.

We're going to start playing pickleball again this week. I'm looking forward to that.

Laurie, I hope you had a great weekend!

Laurel, great workout combo on Friday! I hope you also got some rain!
    It will definitely be good to be done with the Meso 1 phase of the workouts. I don't know if I've been feeling tired because of the heat but I was tired today too and it wasn't hot. I definitely know that I can't do STS workouts on consecutive days.

I like enthusiastic Peloton instructors but sometimes it just feels so fake. It has to be challenging for them to come up with stuff to talk about during classes. Why do they have to talk so much anyway? Just instruct us on what to do. I do love Cody and he is funny but their 'filler' talk sometimes feels very fake to me.

Have a wonderful week ladies!
    Thelma
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Mine was very quiet because DH took the opportunity to go visit his parents. He hasn’t’ seen them since we moved them back in December 2019. He says they are doing well, which makes me happy. I hope to get to see them later this year.....when it isn’t a three day weekend where everybody who hasn’t travelled in a year has decided to travel. His plane ticket was :o . Anyhow, I took the opportunity to do some spring cleaning....and read, :) Both were good.

For workouts, on Saturday I did Jessica Smith Cardio Ball Ballet followed by 60 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Sunday was STS Disc 10/Chest, Shoulders and Biceps followed by the STS Extended Stretch and Cathe Live Cardio Core Bootcamp. Yesterday was Cathe Live Rapid Fire Legs and Core followed by a 45 minute HiiT and Hills ride with Peloton. Today was STS Disc 11/Back and Triceps followed by one of the MishMosh premixes from Perfect 30:Perfect HiiT. This premix was half low impact, half high, the Bonus Pyramid HiiT and the extended stretch. I absolutely loved this premix.

Thelma, great workouts. I hear you on still feeling tired this week. Although I felt better today, Sunday’s workout just about did me in. :o And, like you, it wasn’t the heat. The good news is for the next two Mesocycles, I have completely dropped the ‘optional’ upper body workout that we are currently doing on Friday during our ‘full’ workout weeks, so there will be two days with no strength training every other week, and an option of a third day with none if you choose not to do the optional second lower body workout. But I am beginning to think my issue has more to do with the weeks we are doing one body parts than the weeks we are doing the complete workouts. While mentally I find the workouts more doable, I think it might be the six straight days of lifting that is getting to me combined with the fact I am adding in harder cardio because I feel I have more time. So I am going to make myself do shorter cardio during Meso 2 (no more than 45 minutes on ANY day) and see if that helps. But, again, we will listen to our bodies and if we need to take a break after two or three weeks even....we will do it.

I completely understand what you are saying about the Peloton instructors. I think that is why my favorite instructor anymore is Sam Yo. I will say up front that I find the British instructors don’t talk quite as much, which I find appealing. Sam was monk at one time, so he approaches his workouts with a lot of thought and control. His calmness actually inspires me more than the cheerleading. It took me a LONG time to warm up to him, but, hands down, I think he probably puts more thought into his rides than most other instructors. He did a Live Chat on Instagram the other day that I caught quite by chance, and he said his recent Bollywood ride took him about six months to put together because he wanted it to properly reflect the music and he wanted to make sure he pronounced all of the words in the song titles correctly. I have not done that ride yet.....but I know I will soon. But my ‘go to’ instructors are Sam Yo, Ben Aldis (who is kind of awkward because he is so NOT a cheerleader.....but I love his rides) and Hannah Frankson. I have only done one of Leanna Hainsby’s ride (the other British instructor) because the pitch of her voice takes some getting used to, but I remember it being a decent ride without the constant ‘forced’ chatter. I really have to be in the mood for some of the US instructors because of the chatter. But if I need a smile, I know Cody will give it to me. If I want tough, it is Olivia. If I want pleasant, it is Ally. If I want constant talk with sometimes some decent music, I choose Kendall. And if I want just a good all around workout from a no nonsense instructor, I will pick Tunde or Alex. The other instructors I have either tried and not liked their personality (Jess King) or the style of ride (Matt Wilpers....though he is great) or not tried at all. So....there is my run down on Peloton instructors. :D

We did get some rain last Friday too! It was so nice but certainly didn’t last long enough. At least those high temperatures look like they are going to stay awhile though as we sit in our more seasonal low to mid 80s for several days. I am good with that!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B 60's Power Walk, Pickleball, and STS Meso 1 Disc 11 Back and Triceps, stretching.

I didn't feel like I would be able to do my STS workout after pickleball but I was able to do it after taking a good break.

Laurel, I'm glad you had a good weekend and that your DH was able to go see his parents after all this time! I bet the airports were busy!

Fantastic workouts! I love those mish mosh workouts!

I hadn't noticed you've dropped the optional upper body workout! Yaaay! I can't get over how much more recovery time we need this time around doing STS Laurel. I guess we're getting older.
    I hadn't thought about the one body part week being the possible culprit to feeling tired. I am also pushing myself harder that week also because I feel I have more time.

Thank you for telling about Sam Yo. I have been looking at him for a while now and haven't done his workouts yet because I was afraid he'd be boring. I keep looking at his picture and always think that he looks like such a nice person. Now I understand that his spirituality is coming through on his pictures.

I think I tried a British instructor recently and I was having a hard time understanding her accent. I've also find myself looking at Tunde and when I look at her physique I chicken out because I imagine her being a tough instructor.
    I haven't tried Jess King but I did try Matt Wilpers once. I can't remember what that experience was like though.

I'm so glad you also got some rain! We are going to be in the high 70's this week thankfully! So much cooler!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very nice weekend with the family. We did have some really sunny days, but it was nippy. Thursday and Friday it was raining, but I did manage to get some yard work done on Monday. I took a vacation from exercise the whole time I was off. Yesterday I did RAW HI Low Step, and this morning was RAW Body Training; RAW Boxing Finisher. Sorry that I can't talk longer, but I have a little more catching up to do. I should be good by the end of today.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute Climb ride from Peloton followed by 30 minutes of hip-focused yoga from Kristin McGee. Both felt great today.

Thelma, great workouts! I am so glad you are back to playing Pickleball. I bet it was fun to be able to return to it after the month off. The British instructor you couldn’t understand is probably Hannah Frankson. She has a very thick London/Essex accent. I was drawn to her because of her accent because it reminds me so much of the people we lived around when we lived in England! But she certainly doesn’t pronounce all of her consonants. :D I would definitely give Sam Yo a try. I thought he might be boring too, but I really enjoy some of his musical choices. A few weeks back he did a 60 minute Rock Ride that just had me smiling throughout because of the music. Anyhow, I am with you on feeling this STS rotation more than I have before, but I also realized last night that it has been five years since my last STS rotation. So, yes, I think age is playing its part! But I also think we are killing it (in a good way) at our ages!!!

Laurie, I am so glad you enjoyed your family weekend. I am glad you took the time off from workouts as well. Great job getting back to it yesterday with some great workouts. Thanks for checking in.

Until tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Peloton Low Impact Ride, Perfect Flow Yoga Strength & Flexibility + Core Bonus and Stretching. These workouts were exactly what my body needed today.

We actually got a little rain today! Yaay!

Laurie, I'm glad you had a nice long weekend! Great workouts!

Laurel, great workouts!!

It really was fun to return to playing pickleball.
    I don't remember who the British instructor was. Hannah Frankson doesn't look familiar.
    I tried a Tunde low impact ride today and I loved it. It was a sweatfest! She was a lot of fun and the music was great. I will be doing more of her classes. I will also try San Yo soon.

Five years since the last STS rotation! My worksheets have a date of 2017 since the last time I did the rotation. It's been a long time for sure!

I hope you got a little rain today too.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma

• lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Well I guess I was wrong about getting all caught up, I'm still slogging through some of my orders. I had a large billing statement that I had to deal with that took up my whole day yesterday. I just love cleaning up other peoples bills NOT. My workout was 30MTF Total Body Kickbox W1.

Laurel, Awesome job on all your workouts! Glad to hear that your DH was able to see his parents and that they are doing well. How are they like MO? I was super glad that we didn't have to travel this year. We have gone to my brothers cabin up north, and it can get kin of crazy with the traffic when we are headed home. I'm hoping to get ahead of that traffic next weekend when we go to the wedding.

Thelma, Love your workouts! Glad to hear that you had a nice weekend, and that you had some rain. We are suppose to have really hot temps this weekend. Of course it is on the weekend, when I want to be outside. Guess our bodies will have to deal with it.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 12/Legs followed by Cathe Live Cardio Core Plateau Blaster. I saw that Cathe ‘coached’ her first class back in her gym yesterday (she said she walked around most of the time), but she posted a photo on-line of the class. It was so weird seeing all of the familiar faces from her ‘Live’ classes again. It was like seeing a photo of old friends who I haven’t seen in over a year.....except I have never met them. But they were all maskless as well which makes me think that when Cathe is recovered, Cathe Live will start having class members again. I have mixed feelings about that, but, no doubt, Cathe will be happy to have somebody to help keep her energy up those days.

Thelma, great workouts. I am glad you enjoyed Tunde’s class. She has a great energy about her. We ended up with over 2” of rain yesterday (by 9pm last night) and it was still raining this morning. It was so good to see, even though some of it came with some pretty scary storms....but no tornadoes so it was all good. I have done STS as a part of other rotations, but the last pure STS rotation I did was in the summer of 2016. What makes me happy is that, by and large, I am still as strong as I was back then.

Laurie, great workout. That sounds like a mess at work. Hopefully today is going better. My in-laws are enjoying Missouri, which kind of surprises me. They are very happy they were there during this pandemic with my SIL close by and not having everything shut to them like it would have been in Florida. They also really like that the town they live in is so small that they feel comfortable getting around. My FIL’s vision has gotten so bad he doesn’t drive anymore, and my MIL doesn’t like highway or multi-lane driving. So, for them, they both feel they are where they want and need to be....and that is so good to hear.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Zumba, STS Meso 1, Disc 12 Legs and stretching.
    I am feeling the leg workout!

We had some drizzle this afternoon.

Laurie, sorry you weren't able to catch up with work. It really stink to have to fix someone else's mistakes.
    Great job getting back to your KCM workouts! Why can't it only be hot on days you have to go to work?

Laurel, great workouts! I'm glad Cathe was back at her studio coaching her live classes. I love that she had other people there with her too.
    Most people don't wear masks anymore. DH and I haven't worn masks since March except to go to the supermarket and that is every two weeks. Supermarkets are not asking people to use masks anymore so no more masks. GA's CDC daily covid report looks awesome. It's mostly yellow except for two counties.

Sounds like you had quite a storm! We didn't have anything like that at all.

I think I might've used the STS worksheets to record what I did as part of other rotations. I am not as strong as I was back then but only by a lb or 2. At least I'm not back to baby weights.

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Tabata Sculpt. I really enjoyed this workout, there was no cardio so all the tabatas where weights.

Laurel, Great job on your workout, and of course the core workout sounds interesting. I did see that Cathe was back to her classes. I don't know how she had the patients to just take it easy. When if involves your eyes, I know I would do the same as her. I'm very glad to hear that your in laws are happy with the move. I can understand how they where glad with the situation during covid.

Thelma, Love the workouts, and I hope that your legs are okay today! Today is going to be in the 90's, so I'm really glad that I'm at work in the ac. We had a power outage during the night, and it was off until about 3am this morning. I'm really glad that I use my watch to wake me up now. I wouldn't have gotten up on time this morning. Apparently it was because of an animal, can only think that a squirrel got into the wrong place.

Have a great weekend!
    Laurie
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a great weekend. Ours was quiet and busy doing stuff around the house. We are finally getting some much needed rain. It was super humid today though! Yikes!
    We went out to dinner with a couple friend of ours on Friday and we had a great time. Our social calendar is getting busy again. We haven't been able to get our old group together but at least we're getting together with most of them even if on couple at-a-time. It's good to see them again.

My workout on Friday was KCM RAW Box & Tone. I wanted to do a RAW upper body workout that I'd done before but I couldn't find it.
    Sunday's workouts were Peloton Pop Ride, STS Meso 1, Disc 10, Chest Only, XT Legs Bonus Barre Only and stretching. This barre workout is short but it hits my legs pretty hard and it was great combo with the Peloton ride.

Laurie, sounds like you did another great RAW workout!
    You've had hot temps lately Laurie! It's a good thing you didn't get hot during the power outage slept through it! Definitely lucky that your watch is your alarm!

Laurel, I tried a Sam Yo ride and I loved him. I loved his accent and he really pushed me hard which I loved.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Had a very very hot weekend, and I did spend a majority of the time in my basement finishing up the quilting on my nieces quilt. Right now I'm in the middle of hand sewing the binding on. It looks awesome. DH is on a staycation this week, so he was very happy that he doesn't have to sit in our dining room all day working. I'm sure that his car will be getting some love and attention. On Friday I was able to help my sister purchase a new to her, older sewing machine for a very good price. She was so happy, and of course I was happy for her. The sewing machine looked like it had hardly been used. Her sewing machine had accidently fallen off a table, and because it has plastic gears in it, the thing never ran right afterward.

My workouts this weekend where Saturday RAW Upper Weights and Legs, Sunday was a no workout day, and this morning was RAW Boxing and Drills.

Thelma, Sounds like a great weekend, and I'm glad to hear that you are slowly getting to see all your friends again. Awesome job on your workouts. Sorry to hear that one of the RAW workouts was missing. I do see that there is an Upper Weights & Leg workout on her channel, so don't know if that was the one that you where looking for. Our social calendar is getting filled up also. Crazy how that happens, it sure does make the summer fly by though.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I don’t know what happened to my post on Friday. I probably forgot to push ‘post reply’. :D Sorry about that. Anyhow, I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was nice. We golfed all day on Saturday (we played 27 holes because it was so nice!). It rained all day yesterday, so I pulled a couple of zucchini off our plants and made three loaves of zucchini bread. It was the perfect day for baking.

For workouts, on Friday (since I didn’t post) I did Cathe Live Upper Body Bootcamp followed by a 30 minute spin which felt horrible on my STS-tired legs. So I followed it with a 20 minute ‘recovery’ ride where you sit and spin with low resistance at a higher speed for the duration, and I was stunned how much better my legs felt after! I will definitely try to do those rides again if my legs feel as a heavy as they did on Friday. On Saturday, I did a Jessica Smith Cardio Dance Party workout followed by 45 minutes of yoga with Kristin McGee. Sunday was STS Disc 10/Chest, followed by the bonus stability ball core work from Butts and Guts and then Cathe Live Cardio Leg Block Party. I could not possibly be happier to be done with STS Meso 1 push-ups! And so are my wrists. :) Today, I did STS Disc 10/Shoulders followed by a tough 45 minute spin and then a post-ride stretch.

Thelma, great workouts. That’s a new photo, right? My powers of observation are not great so I might be wrong….but, still, your hair looks so fantastic! I am glad you enjoyed your time with friends, but I agree about the humidity! But the moisture is still welcome right now. I am so glad you enjoyed Sam Yo. I love that he pushes hard but with encouragement and not raising the volume of his voice. He makes me smile. His post ride stretches and cool down rides are the best available in my opinion if you are ever looking for those.

Laurie, the wedding is next week, right? I bet it feels good to be so close to finishing the quilt now….and a hot weekend sounds like a perfect time to be in the basement doing it. I hope your sister enjoys her new sewing machine. Great workouts!

See you tomorrow.

Laurel