What Was Your Work Out Today?

Replies

• drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    drmwc wrote: »
    I'll probably go for an evening climb.

I was on very, very good form. It was great fun. I'm not sure why, but the endorphins from climbing are my favourite form of exercise high.

Here is me on a dive:

https://youtu.be/2hV_mU7BnKE
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,377 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    Overdid things a bit today. First a bodyweight workout after lunch that was particularly tough on the legs: went from cossack squats to assisted pistols, and had a look if an elastic band might help with my pullup and dip problems.

Then went on a 6.44km run, which was haaaaard considering the strength training and the rather warm, and humid weather. Also developed a blister on the outside middle foot again. Why do I get blisters there?!? It's such an odd place.

My guess (and this is a wild one) is that you supinate (or underpronate), as opposed to overpronate. I tend to do this as well. You likely have strong arches. If you look at the bottom of your shoes, do you wear the outside out first? That's the surest sign. Maybe have a running store look at your gait. If you underpronate, you don't want to be wearing a shoe for overpronaters (the most common shoes), with huge arch supports. That would likely cause it.

Today was just 55 minutes of easy cardio. Fan overhead on the deck barely helped. Near 95 at lunch today with no wind. Might have to move the rower to the garage.

I thought so, but the inside is worn. My guess: bit of sand in the sock and hot weather.
  • jdaniels115
    jdaniels115 Posts: 7 Member
    I teach HS, so my time in the morning is pretty limited. I did two interval miles on the treadmill. The humidity this morning was brutal and I knew I wouldn't be able to breathe well. I'm training for a marathon and I'm in the Athena division (#bigfatrunner), so my pace was about a 14 m/m.
  • yirara
    edited June 2021
    Fairly little. Worked to work, sat about, then walked about, walked home. Got about 10k steps. Just now grabbed my old inline skates to run an errand some 2km away as it was faster than walking and easier than grabbing my bike. Phew, have not skated in more than a year - and the cycle paths are totally rubbish here.
  • MikePfirrman
    MikePfirrman Posts: 3,307 Member
    edited June 2021
    Did 30 minutes of superset weights and then straight into 8 X 500m rowing. An hour, roughly 800 calories.

Pulled the rower off my deck and into the garage. Though the garage was 88 degrees, I have that huge turbo fan that helped. It's cooler in the shade, in the garage, than out on my deck right now. I'll go as long as I can outside at lunch, but likely will have to move to early AM soon by end of June when it gets closer to 100 by lunchtime.

We play in that golf league on Thursday nights. Our adult daughter, who is living with us currently, joined the league for fun and to meet people. Her partner and friend made a hole in one. Was pretty exciting for him. Ironically, he was the only one that turned away. The other 3 people in his group, including my daughter, watched it go in. He was the only one not to see it fall in the hole!
  • AnnPT77
    AnnPT77 Posts: 31,935 Member
    Rowed bow in the double for around 7k (forgot to stop the Garmin's row activity, so the 7196m I recorded includes some boat and oar carrying after. 🙄)

Walked 5.09 miles at a park trail, slowly, only 3.3mph average, so more of an amble.

Think I'll push strength training to Saturday, like I did last week. I went to a plant nursery and wandered around in the afternoon, so am at about 18k steps, and feeling Friday-ish after being out in the warm weather (mid-80s F, high 20s C, fairly humid).
  • Djproulx
    Djproulx Posts: 3,084 Member
    2500 yd swim this morning. Mostly endurance pacing.
    55 minutes on the bike trainer this evening.

Long effort scheduled for tomorrow. 3:45:00 ride followed by a 30min transition run. Temps will be close to 90, so both hydration and nutrition will be important.
  • Djproulx
    Really enjoyed the bike ride today in sunny warm conditions. Two of us covered 58 miles in about 3:40:00, just under 16mph. Didn't push too hard, just focused on staying ahead of nutrition and hydration. I took in just over 1000 calories, which is almost exactly 50% of my calorie burn. Adequate calories plus four bottles of fluids during the ride set me up for a good run. Once I jumped off the bike, I went into the run with no fogginess and no cramping. Despite the 87 degree air temp, I was comfortable at an easy 10:00/mile pace for the 30 minute run.

Tomorrow's schedule includes a long run and a swim. Hoping I have time to do an open water swim.

Race day is two weeks from today.
  • yirara
    Relaxed day. I went for a little 5k geocaching walk in a nice coastal dune area during daytime. And I just came back from the fastest 4k run since 2016. I totally ignore my running plan apart from the given distances, but just following those seems to improve me big time!
  • AnnPT77
    Rowed bow in the double, 7k exactly on the Garmin, but I was rowing with one of the newer rowers today, so she rowed solo for a bit (drills for some technical issues), and I rowed solo a bit less for steering reasons, so 🤷‍♀️ actual total distance for me, maybe 6.5?.

Later, 42' strength training, though I really had to bully myself into doing it.

In between, 2-3 hours of yard/garden stuff (close to 90F/sunny/humid), moving XL potted vines and some houseplants out from my kitchen to the deck, filling big pots for annuals, etc. which isn't exercise but might be part of the reason I was not feeling like the strength training later (but it did go OK).

Rest day tomorrow; Garmin says 587 intensity minutes for the week.
  • Magic_Chicken
    Magic_Chicken Posts: 141 Member
    I did Bodypump Class followed by Yoga Class
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 978 Member
    I went for a quick dive this morning in a muddy hole to check out my twinset. It seems to work; hopefully I can do shut-downs in it.

I had my second dose AZ this afternoon. It was a couple of town's over from Epsom (in Leatherhead). I walked there and back, so got 30,000 steps in for the day.
  • alexmose2
    alexmose2 Posts: 208 Member
    First workout since I had achilles tendinitis and I did legs! of course only at half weight but there is no prize to get to where I was before soonest. Will add 25% next time and maybe some calf work.
  • MikePfirrman
    Was feeling a bit under the weather today, so skipped the workout and just went to the driving range and hit some balls. Not too strenuous but listened to my body. No fever or other issues, just a headache and feeling tired.
  • Djproulx
    I finished the build phase to my race today with a 90 minute run and a swim. I struggled on the run, due to fatigue and the heat, but enjoyed my first open water swim of the season. I'm going to try to fit in another OWS before race day. .

This chart shows the Training Stress Scores and Cumulative Training Load (Fitness) expected for triathletes to perform at various distance races:
    nzb5x2a5rm4f.jpg

My current CTL value is 101, so I should have an adequate level of fitness for a HIM race. The goal for the next two weeks is to maintain most of that fitness while shedding fatigue. Then it comes down to creating a race plan and executing it.

• rhaiin
    rhaiin Posts: 35 Member
    Yesterday's workout. I'll be taking it easy for a while until I get back into the swing of things.

- 15 minutes recumbent bike
    - 15 minutes combination Lat Pulldowns, Leg Extensions, Chest Press, Calf Extensions
    - 10 minutes treadmill (walking at incline)
  • yirara
    ran 5.7km as part of a training plan. I've kind of improved on roughly that distance from 8:30/40 to 7:35 in just over 3 weeks. Wow. I really didn't expect that.
  • MikePfirrman
    Felt good this morning. Finally no headache for the first time in days. Did around a 50 minute lift with 250m rowing sprints in between weight sets. Not super hard but hard enough for the heat (around 90 or so in my garage).
  • dethstar77
    dethstar77 Posts: 1,327 Member
    Bootcamp today morning.. evening badminton
  • AnnPT77
    * Rowed bow in the quad, the usual 7k-ish distance. There were lots of Great Blue Herons, relatively. Nesting season must be ending.
    * Walked 5.38 miles, super, super slowly (3.2mph).
    * 43' strength training.