The New Singles Hangout...Come & Mingle

Replies

• J_NY_Z
    J_NY_Z Posts: 2,535 Member
    J_NY_Z wrote: »
    So... is it still the rule that if a guy doesn't get in touch after 3 days you just forget he ever existed? I'm so out of practice and my friends are all married so I'm just out here guessing

Tough to say. He may not want to be pushy. No harm in sending a "Hey, how are you?" text.

Potentially. Gosh I'd forgotten how much work this all is (edited to add I haven't dated in 12 years). I'll message him tomorrow because this is 2021 and I liked him - seems a good enough reason (I just don't get the whole texting rules thing for adults). Thanks for the reply!

I haven't dated in a while either and I am out of the loop as far as etiquette. I really like your "..and I like him" reason. Just do it, nothing to lose.

Well that worked out well - we are going on a date next week 😊

So you'll be leaving the forum soon I guess. Nice work.
  • ExpressoLove11
    ExpressoLove11 Posts: 337 Member
    So... is it still the rule that if a guy doesn't get in touch after 3 days you just forget he ever existed? I'm so out of practice and my friends are all married so I'm just out here guessing

Tough to say. He may not want to be pushy. No harm in sending a "Hey, how are you?" text.

Potentially. Gosh I'd forgotten how much work this all is (edited to add I haven't dated in 12 years). I'll message him tomorrow because this is 2021 and I liked him - seems a good enough reason (I just don't get the whole texting rules thing for adults). Thanks for the reply!

I haven't dated in a while either and I am out of the loop as far as etiquette. I really like your "..and I like him" reason. Just do it, nothing to lose.

Well that worked out well - we are going on a date next week 😊

So you'll be leaving the forum soon I guess. Nice work.

We will see how it goes
  • Versicolour
    Versicolour Posts: 7,164 Member
    And I have a breakfast date next Saturday. Who'd have thunk?
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

Is this breakfast Saturday after a Friday night date? 😉😁
    Enjoy Nadine, hope it goes well 😙
  • ExpressoLove11

That's awesome, hope it goes well 😊
  • Versicolour

Is this breakfast Saturday after a Friday night date? 😉😁
    Enjoy Nadine, hope it goes well 😙

🤣 Just breakfast at this time!
    😙 Thank you

That's awesome, hope it goes well 😊

Thank you. ☺️ At very least the conversation has restarted!
  • tluisa311
    tluisa311 Posts: 113 Member
    I was looking for a singles thread yesterday.... and here it is today! Hi all B)
  • ReenieHJ
    ReenieHJ Posts: 9,724 Member
    I've read this title as The New Shingles Hangout more than once. :/
  • devash77
    devash77 Posts: 18 Member
    Heyo again. :)
  • J_NY_Z
    edited June 2021
    Its Friday night and I'm stuffing my face with a sub and chips. I'm living my best life.
  • Sharsou
    Sharsou Posts: 8,844 Member
    Binge watching spooky stuff on Netflix!
  • Versicolour
    I had a first date/meet in person lined up for today but I am sick. I am worried that I might be contagious, or at very least feel like I look like a zombie. He is unconcerned though and still happy to meet up 🤷🏼‍♀️
  • mehshell420
    mehshell420 Posts: 899 Member
    I can officially start my weekend of peace and quiet 😌🥳
  • ExpressoLove11
    I had a first date/meet in person lined up for today but I am sick. I am worried that I might be contagious, or at very least feel like I look like a zombie. He is unconcerned though and still happy to meet up 🤷🏼‍♀️

How did it go?
  • Versicolour

How did it go?

It was very nice. The conversation was easy and we got along very well. I doubt it will go any further than that, but it was a good way to spend a couple of hours
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member

How did it go?

It was very nice. The conversation was easy and we got along very well. I doubt it will go any further than that, but it was a good way to spend a couple of hours

That is great that you got a nice evening out of it.. ya never know, there might be more 😃
  • ExpressoLove11

How did it go?

I'm glad you had a good time 😊
  • J_NY_Z
    A night out and good conversation is almost priceless at this point. Take it for what it is.

How did it go?

• Versicolour

How did it go?

That is great that you got a nice evening out of it.. ya never know, there might be more 😃

He's fading out of the picture already, so I doubt it 🤣

th?id=OGC.ef75ac507304d3427f1d02410f839676&pid=Api&rurl=https%3a%2f%2fmedia.giphy.com%2fmedia%2fka1GaxF7fp9sc%2fgiphy.gif&ehk=lPZBA1kY%2fOJXw6JPpLAaNSeNeHus0TARFJTa8yyllss%3d
  • Versicolour
    A night out and good conversation is almost priceless at this point. Take it for what it is.

How did it go?

Absolutely! I wasn't expecting even that much, so it was good