WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,385 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: dogs to GB for nail trim, BP, dogs to powerline,
    Bonus: beach stroll with Shadow and T.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, call for refund from Interpath for Joe’s labs paid on Feb statement, call C, call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    3-Re-frame a worry and try to find a helpful way to think about it. Whenever I start to worry about the debilities of aging (both Joe’s and mine), instead pick up some had weights or take the dogs for a walk.

Beth 5 mins on your stationary bike? That’s real progress for your knee. Well done!
    Lisa great roof cost news, and con VERY grats on beng only a year and a half from paying off your mortgage. Well done!
    Annie glad you’re back riding Henry. Makes me wonder about Katla and Arrow.
    Janetr “slipped out of place”? That sounds so painful!
    Rebecca look out world, Athena Rose is coming!
    Pip yes on the chair ;)
    Ginger “Progress not perfection” Yes!
    Brandi in TX what Machka said about doing 2 jobs.
    Welcome @effi098 Effi! This is a great group of gals for motivation, shoulders, and then there is always pip’s boot if needed ;)

Whoops! Phone just alerted to a 5.8 quake 98 miles W of Gold Beach. Praying no tsunami as our rural hospital is in the tsunami zone.

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 3, weigh/wii: 3/0/0; steps>6362=6580, vits=3, log=3, CI<CO=80, CI<250<CO=1, Tumble=3, Shadow=5, mfp=4, outside=5, up hill=4, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue: LD=1 Wed: TC=1 PW=1 Thurs: PW=1 Fri: TC= Sat: PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=1 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

Her look reminded me of female named hurricanes! Hurricane Athena sounds like a pretty fierce storm! Looking up the reasons about male and female names, I understand they alternate. One year is starts with a female name, the next year a male name. If it doesn't amount to anything, it gets reused. If its a fairly major storm the name gets retired.
    Rebecca
    A walking encyclopedia in
    Whidbey
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 2,956 Member
    I risked the rain and rode my bike. Made it! Only a few drops. So far, I ride two laps around the development where I live. Very little traffic and not much of a hill. Perfect for beginners like me. I feel it in my quads.

Annie in Delaware
  • Susabella627
    Susabella627 Posts: 107 Member
    Happy Friday Ladies,

Checking in for accountability. Doing well with my food choices. Not doing strict IF, but trying to get all my calories in by 6pm in the evening as I know I am a nighttime snacker. That little change is a big one for me. Still need to find time to work in some regular exercise. I probably get around 6000 steps in everyday just in my day to day but would like to try for more. We got a heatwave coming to NY, ugh, supposed to have 3 days in the 90's starting tomorrow. Working all weekend anyway.
    Have a wonderful Day Everyone!!

Susan in NY
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Annie: I would not choose to ride a horse on a day with possible lightening and thunder. If you are nervous about the weather, the horses are likely to be even more so. Good luck. Regarding Microsoft—my computer is OLD. When we bought it, we loaded it with Microsoft word. It is still working okay. I do not use any part of Microsoft other than word. Early on I used powerpoint for class instruction. I’ve been retired for a long while and haven’t used powerpoint since then. :flowerforyou:

Kelly: Welcome! :star:

Terri: I love your poem. :heart:

Machka: Your winter travel option seems to be riding the bus. Is bus the schedule one that works for you? :huh:

Heather: I am delighted to hear that you love your life. That is a wonderful accomplishment and on-going. Congratulations!. :heart:

Beth near Buffalo: Five minutes on the bike is a good beginning. I imagine that as your knee improves you will be able to gradually add a few minutes. :flowerforyou:

Lisa: I am amazed that the VA pathologist was such a huge cheater. I’m glad he was caught and hope he gets to be a prisoner in federal prison for many years to come. :grumble:

Janetr: I suspect that the stationary bike is a huge improvement over a treadmill. Those treadmills deliver quite a pounding on the knees. I tried them for a bit and went right back to the stationary bike. No pounding! :star:

Pip: the quilt is delightful and an excellent complement to the couch. :flowerforyou:

Heather: The iris are beautiful!!! :flowerforyou:

Kim: Congrats on your bathroom remodel!! :star:

Yoga today. I’m looking forward to it. I plan to ride the exercise bike for a bit to get my legs warmed up and ready for yoga.

Katla
  • cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,120 Member
    edited June 2021
    Zoomed my girlfriends. My difficult friend was .....difficult. Lots of stress over her French house. Basically, she can't go there because of covid, and she is putting up on the market. Brexit has killed it. Her husband is a tax exile and lives in Gibraltar, so it's all a mess.
    We listened politely, but the problems are all of their own making.

My friend in Scotland wants us to visit up there, perhaps to Edinburgh. I am not keen yet. I would rather wait until restrictions etc are cleared. Luckily, my difficult friend had lots of complicated plans, so it's been put on the back burner. :*
    I am more than happy to stay here in lovely Hove. <3 No desire to go anywhere. I do have a day trip to Portsmouth on Monday - my furthest trip in 15 months. That does mean that I won't be turning up to the German club in the pub in the evening. Maybe the next time. I can only do one thing a day, and even that amount stresses me out. I love a quiet life.

Lots of love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Max’s letter to you is a delight! Congratulations! 👏
  • Kekila
    Kekila Posts: 13 Member
    bwcetc wrote: »
    Barbara ... my 5 minutes on a stationary bike was a lot like watching someone in slow-motion ... :D ...but that knee made the revolutions!

I really didn't want to replace our last dog ... but Cecil does make me smile. He's 6-1/2 months now.
    sha33ee74abc.jpeg

Beth near Buffalo

He is gorgeous!

• Anniesquats100
    Did my walking. I am trying to learn to keep my head up and my toes pointed forwards.

Annie in Delaware
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,431 Member
    Got the chair, it was a bi455&#$&*h trying to connect with her, but finally found her. My trainer was not working right so we couldn’t ride together for the last two days… Kirby found a spin bike just like his selling for$600 (ours cost 1k or more). Kirby didn’t want to deal with the bike trainer not working for me. I offered $500, we got it. He couldn’t find the plug for it, he was remodeling so he will find it or order a new one and send it to me. The chair is more dirty that the couch was so I will work on that. Found the trainer worked after all, the break assembly was loose. I tested and recalibrated it and it worked fine. Soooo, I listed the trainer on OfferUp for $260 (cost retail $500). Also listed the loveseat, chair and pillows.
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,786 Member
    Welcome to all those who are new. Keep coming back.

Carol - I saw my ophthalmologist yesterday. I am scheduled for cataract pre-op on July 6 and surgery on July 19. Have you been able to get scheduled yet?

Kim - congrats on the bathroom remodel. Hope you enjoy it.

Everyone take care Sue in WA
  • Anniesquats100
    Oops. I ate some cookies, and went over calories. So I walked some extra. My legs feel a tad sore but not bad. I learned I can walk twice in one day! But I will still take off on my dumbbell workout days.

Annie in Delaware
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,636 Member
    Wow its still light here at almost 9 at nighr..
    Watched a movie ,moms night out,was cute..
    Forgot to take my morning meds whoopsie.. ill get back on track in the morning.
  • Machka9
    Machka9 Posts: 24,706 Member
    edited June 2021
    Oops. I ate some cookies, and went over calories. So I walked some extra. My legs feel a tad sore but not bad. I learned I can walk twice in one day! But I will still take off on my dumbbell workout days.

Annie in Delaware

Well done on the second walk. As you build up, you'll find you can walk just about every day even on dumbbell workout days. :)

I'm sore today from planting the almost 200 bulbs. I knelt the whole time and there was a lot of leaning forward.

My glutes (butt) and upper hamstrings are really feeling it today! And my abs a little bit.

M in Oz