WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    I was able to go to yoga today. Many of my fellow students are back. I learned about one longtime yoga friend who has been put in a nursing home in another state because of alzheimers. He will be missed.
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,492 Member
    Stat for the day-

Walk w/family- 2hrs 22min 43sec, 121elev, 3.34ap, 85ahr, 105mhr, 8.12mi= 763c
    Strava app = 983c

Crazy busy day today, got the spin bike, chair and two cute pillows, spent $575. Hopefully I’ll sell,y trainer and chair, pillows and loveseat, if I get what I’m asking for, then I would only have spent $40
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    <3
  • grogers511
    grogers511 Posts: 476 Member
    ✳️✳️ ACCOUNTABILITY ✳️✳️

✖️Day 10: Thursday, June 3rd 🛑 BINGE - AGAIN. 2 days in a row.🛑

Feeling better today. More rested.

➡️ I’m starting my streak count over.

PROGRESS NOT PERFECTION!
    —Ginger-in-Texas
  • Katla49
    <3
  • Katla49
    <3
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,807 Member
    <3
  • auntiebk
    auntiebk Posts: 2,481 Member
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, T’ai Chi, dogs to powerline,
    Bonus: Freddie’s, recycling, chopped another tarpload of brush, Joe’s Interpath refund received, scheduled phone chat with C for tomorrow at 4, scheduled uphill walk with T for tomorrow at 9:30.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, board meeting minutes, call C, call S, fire district: ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, call Credit union re: credit card, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, practice new dances (Do Your Thing, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat), A Little Less Broken, One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Nothing but You, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. next BGBS ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    4-Take a photo of something that brings you joy and share it:
    Scooter of beloved memory with puppy Tumble:
    https://youtu.be/aiZGfB2DZRE
    Yearling Shadow with all grown up Tumble:
    https://youtu.be/8M7n3AUZ2rU

Machka :love: that you and your DH have Rhody in your lives. 200 bulbs and you ran out? Wow, just wow.
    Lisa “…me too” I laughed so loud I almost woke up Joe.
    Kim I’m excited to see your bathroom pics, oh, wait, that doesn’t sound quite right :naughty:
    Rebecca HOORAY for your travel and family visiting plans!
    Heather :love: the “Wight good time” postcard. That Max!
    Beth what a smoochable face Cecil has!
    Welcome @kekila Desiree in Whittier CA. Con VERY gratulations for taking those 40 lbs off!
    Pip you are quite the wheeler dealer!

Tomorrow will be busy, meeting T to try walking up a trail that I’ve shied away from to start building some aerobic fitness. Then it's Tumble to dog group, squeeze in some food prep for fellowship Sunday and must must must get started on last month’s minutes, the board meeting is this coming Wednesday already. Yikes!

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 4, weigh/wii: 4/0/0; steps>6362=6458, vits=4, log=4, CI<CO=4, CI<250<CO=2, Tumble=5, Shadow=6 mfp=5, outside=6, up hill=5, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue: LD=1 Wed: TC=1 PW=1 Thurs: PW=1 Fri: TC=1 Sat: PW=, rX x4=.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4
    mnthly: board mtg=, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=2 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW
  • kymarai
    kymarai Posts: 3,598 Member
    <3
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,674 Member
    Morning ladies
    My brother called at 6:45 and woke me up,didnt sleep well so that threw a wrench into the monkey works..will try and get a little more rest and then get up and get some cleaning done..i really have to get some stamina back so that i can get things done.
    Got a call from.social security yesterday seems they havd faxed disability paperwork over twice without hearing anything.. so i called and spoke with office manager.. she said no we havent recieved it ,told her it had been sent twice,ohhhh she looked again and found it ugh.. so here is hoping they get everything over to SS in a timely matter..
    All the rest of the Drs have done there part and with the hospital system i went through they have to have records sent to SS within a 5 hr time period..
    Well i hope everyone enjoys there weekend.
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    Lisa ~ So sorry for all your medical woes and hope you get a diagnosis and workable plan soon.

Allie ~ Hoping SS gets all the paper work they need and fingers crossed you will get your disability.

Sue ~ I can't have the cataract surgery until I have nodules removed from each eye. Evidently, these interfere with the way light rays are bent as they enter the eye and cause blurriness. The dr said that the procedure will be quick but it has to be done in each eye 3 wks apart to facilitate healing. I do not look forward to it as they will have to put a lens in after they remove each nodule and it may be painful for a few days. After these have healed, I can get scheduled for cataract surgery and hopeful it will be done in September.

Welcome to all who have been visiting and please continue to stay with us as we love meeting new people and sharing our lives.

Carol in GA
  • KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Just checking in! Happy Weekend, everyone! On my way out the door to spend the day watching my nephews burn up the track at the state finals! whoot! Go Ben and Ethan! (side note: Ethan has been chosen to represent the state of Michigan in a few events at a conference with Ohio and Indiana! I might have to plan for a road trip to watch him) ttfn xoxox KJ (Kelly)
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,901 Member
    <3
  • margaretturk
    margaretturk Posts: 5,040 Member
    Flowers bring me joy and remind me of the goodness of people. Yellow iris from a friend who has since moved to Texas. It turns out it was a large glorious deep purple that got a Y last year someone giving away hoping would find a good home...

xajcywzuktuc.jpg
    ead9liprk0i1.jpg
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    💛👋😊
  • GodMomKim
    GodMomKim Posts: 3,631 Member
    :)
  • Katla49
    Penny: Congratulations on completing a half marathon!!! Amazing achievement! :star:

Lisa: I am sorry about your health issues and hope you will be able to access medicines that will help. You seem to be having a wonderful time with the farmer’s market. Good for you! :flowerforyou:

Carol: Good wishes for successful eye treatments. :heart:

KJ: Good luck to your nephews Ben & Ethan as they burn up the track. :star:

Margaret: The Iris are gorgeous! :flowerforyou:

Allie: Hoping that Social Security gets the paperwork that it needs so that it can qualify you for disability. :heart:

I have two determinate tomato plants in my tiny garden. Last year’s beans were frustrating beyond words can say because local deer kept eating the plants. I am not growing beans this year, but I am growing herbs and the two tomato plants. I like to use our dehydrator for the herbs. Blueberry bushes are prospering so far. I should have pruned them in the fall and didn’t, so this year’s crop is likely to have many smaller berries.

Katla in cloudy NW Oregon