The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    Good morning Middle-agers 😃 it has been a while, life has been busy. Thank you @IslandGal3 Jenni for breathing life back into this thread 🤗
    A chilly Saturday morning here and I have a day with no plans.. Im going to chill and relax so hard today 😂
    Hope you all have a good one.
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    Hey hey. I knew this thread would be somewhere 😊. Happy Friday. Getting ready to get my workout in so I can have a treat later 🥃

Hope to make some new friends. Add me
  • Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    Middle agers stand up!!!! Ohhh.. hold on.. too fast.. need to sit back down.

Hello everyone :)
  • NorthStar77
    NorthStar77 Posts: 1,069 Member
    My hips hurt...
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    hhjs2021 wrote: »
    I decided to start MFP 4 weeks ago when I turned 39, I've always been overweight and have decided I'd like to not be when I reach 40. I've got to 10% of my goal but feels like a very long way to go

You can do this! I started for the same reason. I wanted to do a pull up before I turned 40. It worked! 10% is a great start!!
  • hhjs2021
    hhjs2021 Posts: 14 Member
    work_again wrote: »
    I decided to start MFP 4 weeks ago when I turned 39, I've always been overweight and have decided I'd like to not be when I reach 40. I've got to 10% of my goal but feels like a very long way to go

You can do this! I started for the same reason. I wanted to do a pull up before I turned 40. It worked! 10% is a great start!!

Oh that's fab to hear thanks and congrats! My husband has built a climbing frame with rings for himself and the kids - I can't believe how hard pull-ups are!
  • hhjs2021
    hhjs2021 Posts: 14 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »

I started my journey when I was 38 preparing for 40. I turned 50 two weeks ago. You can do this! Try to stay focused. Set mini goals along the way. Remind yourself this process is a marathon not a sprint. Stay the course.

Wow and thank you !!
  • heyitstom_
    heyitstom_ Posts: 3 Member
    Hi All, I'm 36, from the UK and looking to get fitter, lose some fat and exercise more. I bought a Mountain Bike this year and I'm looking to start working out from home.
  • tomjones20194
    tomjones20194 Posts: 2 Member
    Please add me. I’m 49
  • LQuint2021
    LQuint2021 Posts: 3 Member
    39, Wales. was happy with how I looked before COVID but didn’t eat well or train properly and having to start again. Feel free to add me
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    HI all, I hit 40 last year and I've got over 100 to lose. Looking to meet other folks whose metabolism might be a bit sluggish like mine :)