Treadmill suggestions

nasr25
nasr25 Posts: 214 Member
Hello I am looking for an affordable treadmill that I can use for getting my steps in. I am 260 pounds and will be using it for walking only. I don’t plan on running on it. I was hoping to get something around 500 bucks. I don’t care for the fancy reading and gadgets I just want something simple. I usually listen to podcasts or books when walking.

Replies

• yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    edited June 2021
    I got a proform when it was on sell for $499 it was bigger than I expected included Ifit which I could care less about, speakers and a plug for head phones. It has shock 2 feature 505. Cst model automatic incline says fold up for storage but thats not a good feature, good just to keep it open if you have the space, and you cant beat the price and I haven't had any problems with it in the 2 years I've owned it. I've had treadmills. BEfore some better some much worse,, I'd purchase it again worth the money...

Purchased from big 5 sporting goods

Hope this helps.
  • wi1234567890
    wi1234567890 Posts: 57 Member
    We have a Horizon T101 treadmill that we bought for $600 when it was on sale in the summer of 2020. Three people use it daily for an hour each and we like it a lot.
  • zebasschick
    zebasschick Posts: 910 Member
    what is your inseam length or height? some treadmills aren't very good for tall people.

i'm 5' 3", and i really liked the sunny health & fitness SF-T4400 a lot - i found it had better shock absorbing than others i've owned and the action was pretty smooth. btw, it's important with less expensive home treadmills to add treadmill oil under the belt as directed to keep the belt from being jerky.

i haven't had a good history with proforms - i've owned three over the years, and they all seemed to struggle at lower speeds. since i used them for walking, i ended up selling all of them.

btw, i find a recumbent exercise bike is easier for listening or reading and easier on my knees.
  • scarlett_k
    scarlett_k Posts: 812 Member
    I got a second hand one on ebay for £70 when I first bought one. It was about 10 years old but still did the trick for c25k and also walking. Maybe try looking for something locally. I sold it a year later for a profit as well!