Accountability friends

Emlorraine1
Emlorraine1 Posts: 16 Member
edited May 2021 in Motivation and Support
Hello! I’m Emily!
I have been battling weight for a long time. I go back and forth with being consistent and having no motivation.
I was hoping someone felt the same way and we can keep each other motivated to want to work out/eat healthy and stay consistent!!

Replies

• joshuabennett1893
    joshuabennett1893 Posts: 38 Member
    I would be happy to help and to have the help myself. This is my third time using this app for the same reason. I always download it with the best of intentions then after a few months I lose motivation and stop logging meals, then that turns into me not exercising anymore and before you know it I'm back at square one with ten more pounds then I started with. You got a freind in me if you want it.
  • melsy21
    melsy21 Posts: 193 Member
    I'm with you guys 💯... been there, done very well with weight loss/health at certain times. But this weight has crept back up and I can sure feel it. Enough us enough, let's do this!
  • mrandredparis
    mrandredparis Posts: 12 Member
    Would anyone here be open to meeting as an audio or video chat so we can discuss our progress and failures?
  • Determined82
    Determined82 Posts: 455 Member
    Hey Emily! I'm in the same boat as you and I need someone to motivate aka check my *kitten* lol. It's one thing to have several friends on MFP, but another if you have one person in particular that's breathing down your neck lol. Feel free to add me!
  • jackson_geall
    jackson_geall Posts: 9 Member
    I hear you, weight keeps creeping up and just trying to keep myself accountable and stay away from my vice foods.
  • txfitness43
    txfitness43 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi Emily please feel free to add me im needing all the support and motivation Ican get as I start my whole journey all over again so far I'm a week into changing how I eat and drinking more water rather than soda. I hope we can become friends
  • RachelAngelucci
    RachelAngelucci Posts: 13 Member
    I too want an accountability buddy!
  • samgibbs30
    samgibbs30 Posts: 16 Member
    Can I join please I need help motivating myself need to lose a stone and I’m finding it hard
  • hdriding75
    hdriding75 Posts: 151 Member
    Hi new friends. I'm right there with all of you. I need the help being accountable everyday. I have great days and then slip for a few days. I need people in my life that will kick my butt into gear and help me stay there. I'm open to all. Hopefully we can talk soon. Add me if you'd like.
  • work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    Brie086 wrote: »
    This time though I’m trying to have a different outlook. I don’t have a goal weight in mind, just focusing on feeling better about myself.

I really like this idea. I use the scale and all... but i want to FEEL good about myself. Let's do this!

• AiryBreezy
    AiryBreezy Posts: 3 Member
    The same. But is there anyone who'd want to form a small and tight circle? Like 2-3 people proactively checking in with one another. I feel like I need a bit more peer pressure.
  • nicolemsettles
    nicolemsettles Posts: 5 Member
    Morning, I need some accountability as well. Any help is appreciated
  • hdriding75
    AiryBreezy wrote: »
    The same. But is there anyone who'd want to form a small and tight circle? Like 2-3 people proactively checking in with one another. I feel like I need a bit more peer pressure.

I got your back. I'm in if you'd like.
  • hdriding75
    Morning, I need some accountability as well. Any help is appreciated

I'm here for anyone that wants to help and wants my help. I'm here for the journey not to be a friend hog. I have a few great friends and if you'd like to be a part of that go ahead and add me
  • Kitessa87
    Kitessa87 Posts: 18 Member
    Hi Emily!
    I am totally on the same boat. This year I reached my highest weight and I am just so overwhelmed by this. In past few years I lost and gained weight and I had good days and bad days. I also feel no motivation to diet neither to exercise. I have a problem with food in general. I do over eat and this is my biggest struggle.
    Add me to friends if you would like. I will definitely do my best to provide support that is so needed in the weight loss journey.
    Regards
    Anna
  • Kitessa87
    Kitessa87 Posts: 18 Member
    AiryBreezy wrote: »

I would love to do that. I need some serious support this time but willing to give support as well and dedicate my time for it.
  • balljj1
    balljj1 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2021
    Hi! Would love to make some new friends as well. I am at my highest weight in 17 years. I know I can do this, but I'll do great for a few days/weeks and then totally slip up and ignore the app.
  • soupy5813
    soupy5813 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi Em - and all! Feel free to add me, I've been struggling in recent years to stay motivated and would love a little more support and encouragement to keep it going. I'd also gladly return the favour.

Im lucky enough at the minute to be able to hit the gym on a regular basis without much of my life being affected and have a great gym buddy that pushes and teaches me, I am however, acutely aware that it'll end soon so would love to share what ive learnt, encourage others and pay it forward. Be it gains, losses or just healthily plodding along, a little more positivity goes a long way.
  • VallieeeBabe
    VallieeeBabe Posts: 29 Member
    Hi I would also like to have an accountability friend... also someone who I can talk to about weightloss. I’ve lost 60lbs so far but I feel stuck in a way... I need to lose another 40lbs or so... and I need to start toning... but I’m having trouble with going to the gym. Thanks anxiety. 🙃 I have been working out at home but I feel like my next step is to go to the gym and weightlift. I need that extra push and having a hard time finding that motivation.