New Year - New Me Goal Reaching in 2021

Replies

• LadyBlanks
    LadyBlanks Posts: 1,070 Member
    I just got the nutrisense Continuous Glucose Monitor. I am excited to see and test which foods affect my blood sugars. Hopefully this will help me to be able to have the best foods for my body and see exactly how sensitive to carbs I am. I was shocked to see that my blood glucose dropped down into the low thirties while sleeping.

Weight this morning 178.9. I really need to push the water today if I want to see 175 in the morning.
  • Brendalea69
    Brendalea69 Posts: 3,863 Member
    This sounds very interesting, it would be so awesome to know what affects our blood sugar. Is it expensive to do this?
  • LadyBlanks
    It is a bit costly. You can do 14 days for $175. The month to month is $350 but it gets less monthly if you get a 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months plan.

Since I am fasting, I have had no big major happenings however I did see where my glucose dropped below 40 while sleeping.
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Very interesting about the nutrisense. I wonder if a doctor can prescribe that and insurance take care of it. For something like suspected insulin resistance.
  • LadyBlanks
    I believe you can use flexible spending accounts to pay for it.
  • Brendalea69
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    It is a bit costly. You can do 14 days for $175. The month to month is $350 but it gets less monthly if you get a 3 months, 6 months, or 12 months plan.

Since I am fasting, I have had no big major happenings however I did see where my glucose dropped below 40 while sleeping.

Yup too expensive for me but for someone who's insulin resistant then it's a great thing. I hope you see good results 🙂
  • LadyBlanks
    Weight this morning 175.8 pounds
  • Brendalea69
    LadyBlanks wrote: »
    Weight this morning 175.8 pounds

Awesome 🙂
  • katjustkat
    katjustkat Posts: 754 Member
    Wow nice loss!
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Congrats on such a great loss.
  • LadyBlanks
    edited May 2021
    Tonight’s meal.

5a4i2z13wted.jpeg
    Steak, loaded mashed cauliflower, broccoli salad
  • Brendalea69
    Looks yummy :p
  • jadepearl
    jadepearl Posts: 3,111 Member
    Congrats on your loss👍 Keep up the good work❤️
  • LadyBlanks
    I am back from Mexico. I haven’t stepped on the scale and probably won’t until after my three day fast. I ate what I wanted in Mexico, which was a lot, coupled with TOM starting yesterday, I know my weight is up. I will check it Thursday morning and hope to at least be in the 170’s. Mexico was fun and relaxing mostly relaxing.
  • bonitabeach33
    bonitabeach33 Posts: 67 Member
    Sounds like so much fun. Good to have you back and in the zone.
  • jadepearl
    Welcome back <3 Sounds like you had a wonderful time in Mexico :) Lucky that you guys can travel. For us here, we can't travel out of our country till 2022. We can't even travel to another State due to lockdowns. Good luck with your weigh-in!
  • LadyBlanks
    This morning’s weight 177.0 pounds. I hate to even guess what it was when I got back from Mexico. My goal for after my fast was to be in the 170’s and I succeeded so on to further losses and getting to my final goal in 2021.
  • jadepearl
    Congrats on getting down to 170s land <3 Keep up the good work!
  • LadyBlanks
    Well we are nearing the end of the half way month of the year and I have made no progress at all. I may be even a bit above my year's starting weight. I am not going to give into the despair of the whole situation and do my best these remaining five months to make some progress. I will be happy just getting back to the 160's by year's end.

How is everyone else doing?
  • LadyBlanks
    OK, I just realized I have not done a challenge this year so I figured after having a down period over my lack of success thus far, it is time for a challenge. I am exactly a month away from my Florida vacation so the challenge starts today.

I am only going to weigh on Fridays so Friday 25 June will be my first weigh-in.

Challenge goals:

Morning coffee & One plate OMAD (no calorie beverage with meal since I will be drinking coffee outside of meal)
    10,000+ steps per day and hit my Apple watch 30 minute active minutes goal
    100+ ounces of water per day
    7+ hours sleep nightly

I am not going to put a weight goal to reach for this challenge. The focus will be reaching all of my set goals listed above. If I am able to do this, I should see losses and it will make all of these things stick and become habit.

If any one would like to join me, I welcome the company. I will be reporting in each day with my results from the previous day.

Here's to a successful challenge! Off to get in some steps.

-Tracey