Sorry. Daily calories?

Spra74
Spra74 Posts: 4 Member
Apologies for my repeated posts. I am just getting the hang of this. I am female, 5ft 9ins tall and weigh 15 stone 10Ibs. Is anyone able to advise me on daily calorie allowance. I sit at desk all day for work but try and do an hour worth of walking everyday. I set my daily allowance at 1500 cals. Im hungry, tired and have headache. Is this body adjusting or should I up my daily calorie allowance?
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Replies

• corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    Tired and headache could be dehydration. Are you drinking enough? Eating watery foods?
    It looks like You have set a very aggressive weight loss rate. It would be easy to add 100-300 calories for a few days and see if it helps. You learn your own body and how it reacts through time. Others can make suggestions, but it’s really up to you.
  • fitstrongfitlove
    fitstrongfitlove Posts: 58 Member
    There are many many threads that will teach you how to utilize mfp.

My advice to you is to spend an hour reading in these forums.
  • Spra74
    Spra74 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi all. Thank you ever so much for taking time to reply. I have been staying hydrated and drank 3 litres of water yesterday plus tea. I woke up in the night feeling hungry which ive never done before. My body feels achey too. Going to up my calories. I did my calculations on internet and to maintain this weight I should be having 2660 cals a day, i think it was. Definitely 2600 something. So I think I need to up my calories. Have set them now for 1750 like Leitchi did and see how I get on.
  • Redordeadhead
    Redordeadhead Posts: 1,188 Member
    Don't set your calories the same as another random user, you have no idea how their stats compare to you or how active they are. Use the guided set up on this site (MFP), which asks for your own personal weight, height, activity level and tells you how many calories you should eat.
  • Cheesy567
    Cheesy567 Posts: 1,186 Member
    Another way to go about it is to *not* lose weight right off the bat. Instead, simply use MFP to log what it is you are currently eating, as you are and have been for the past year, for 2-4 weeks.

That way you can see how many calories you have been consuming.

Then, to lose weight from there, you’d set your daily calorie goal at 500 calories less to lose 1 pound a week. (One pound is approximately 3600 calories, divided by 7 days is about 500/ day.). I think I have my math right there. If not, someone will correct me, that’s the beauty of MFP 😉😃👍🏼

So, if you’ve actually been eating 2500 calories a day or something like that, let’s say, for example, 1500 calories would be a DRASTIC cut, right? But you have no way of knowing what your actual starting place is. It’d be much gentler on your system to find your starting place and adjust from there.

Or, you could always ask your doctor if they could help, or have a nutritionist who could help if the headaches still continue. It shouldn’t be this painful and awful for you!
  • corinasue1143
    corinasue1143 Posts: 7,467 Member
    1750 sounds good. Weigh now. If it works, look at your weight loss and average calories a month from now and adjust as needed.— unless you see before then you are losing too fast. Then adjust sooner.