I'm New

Options
branbecca
branbecca Posts: 4 Member
Hello everyone, I'm joining your journey. I have a question, I put in 1500 calories a day and my dashboard is reading I have 1600+ to go for the day after I logged my food and exercise, can I fix this or do I get more calories for exercise. I am prediabetic and not sure how to go on this.

Replies

• loritanner2
    loritanner2 Posts: 4 Member
    edited June 2021
    Options
    as you log your exercise you burn calories so it puts more on not that you have to use them but if you do they are there

• anna140813
    anna140813 Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    If the goal is weightloss stick to only eating your set goal not eating back what the app claims you have extra calories via exercise . You can't not accurately measure how much you have actually burned so eating back the mythical calories burnt could stall progress. You can turn the exercise added calories off in your settings 😊

( unless you do some extreme sport cycling running a marathon ect in that case then you would need the extra calories but 1500 a day for that would already be to low to start ! )
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Options
    The goal calories that MFP calculates from your stats and the rate of weight loss excludes purposeful exercise.
    So a MyFitnessPal calculated 1500 daily goal is actually 1500 + a reasonable estimate of your exercise calories.
    All sensible calorie counting methods (e.g. TDEE calculators and fitness/activity trackers) take exercise into account, just in different ways.

If you got that 1500 from another source it may already include an allowance for an average daily amount of your predicted exercise.

Exercise calories are not mythical, they are just a perfectly valid energy demand of your body.
  • branbecca
    branbecca Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    I think the American Diabetes group recommended 1500, I alway thought it was 1200. I also want to count sugars but can’t find where I can set that to what I would like to stay at. How do I friend someone?