JUNE MONTHLY CHALLENGE

chinatowninchina
chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
Goodness what happened to MAY suddenly it's June and getting to summer!

I've been saying that I guess weight doesn't exactly matter at this time but staying as healthy as you can does, it seems however that increasingly it's being found that being not too heavy improves risk against many diseases including this virus so maybe it continues to be important. Additionally, for many of us, Keto helps us feel good and that can't be a disadvantage at any time.

Feel very welcome to join, we usually post our weigh Sundays and use the 'Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet' also in 'Announcements' to track weight.

You can post your weight here and also in the Keto Monthly Challenge Spreadsheet which Stormy updates. If you want to post comments etc please use this thread rather than the Spreadsheet.

We use this thread to encourage each other and to add our weight as well.

JUNE 2021

Sunday 6/6
Sunday 6/13
Sunday 6/20
Sunday 6/27
Wednesday 6/30 if you want to complete the month by date!

Stay safe everyone.

Replies

• chinatowninchina
    chinatowninchina Posts: 1,279 Member
    Sorry it's late, many things happening at once, Thanks to Stormy for the reminder...... :'(
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    May was a total bust for me weight-wise. Hopefully, June will be the month I get back on track with keto, fasting, and activity that keeps me on track. The good news is there is no or little excuse for me not to do better in June. The weather is beautiful here in NE Washington State. Yard work, softball, exercise, and even bowling are all calling me to stay active. And honestly, I’ve had enough of a break from discipline.

Time to get back to it. My first weight post in June won’t be pretty but I’m ready to get back to work on my weight. Hope to see some old friends here for inspiration and support.

n9hHm8.png
  • jingoace
    jingoace Posts: 219 Member
    JUNE 2021

Sunday 6/6 190.4#
    Sunday 6/13
    Sunday 6/20
    Sunday 6/27
  • TXRebelle
    TXRebelle Posts: 139 Member
    I've definitely been struggling lately. We've had too many rainy days in a row and not being able to get outside on the regular to walk or dealing with wet/muddy conditions makes me a bear! I didn't do nearly as bad as I normally do prior to my birthday, but the scale still turned on me big time in May. I know most of it is water though and will come off quickly if I can stay focused. I am realizing or maybe I realized AGAIN that there are just certain things I can not have even if I stay low carb. I also keep an eye on my calories otherwise I'd see these scale numbers and think this is actually real weight. So frustrating, but enough excuses. I'm looking forward to getting back on track and feeling better mentally, physically and getting rid of the bloat!

Let's do this!!!
  • offitgoes
    offitgoes Posts: 755 Member
    I am new to the group. Basically started keto diet in April. I am not strickly keto but slowly limiting my carbs. I do tend to get headaches often, which I never got before. I was told to take more sodium. I am not a salt person but I am beginning to salt my food. Are there other tricks or other reasons for the headaches? Excited to see the scale go down. Started the year at 178 lbs lost 5 lbs prior to starting keto - current weight 169.4
  • yakimayogi
    yakimayogi Posts: 8 Member
    I went on Ideal Protein and lost 30 lbs.. Now working on switching more to Simply Keto..
  • tcunbeliever
    tcunbeliever Posts: 8,219 Member
    I started the month at 157.6...would like to end the month below 155...it will be work, but it IS possible!!!
  • TXRebelle
    I've been good since June 6th and the water weight is coming off nicely. Down 5.3 lbs. Yay!

Have a great day!
  • HerbsandMore
    HerbsandMore Posts: 2,349 Member
    Hi everyone, I am new to this site, have been on Keto for about 3 weeks & I love it, but I am still learning little things all the time. Is there a link to the Keto spreadsheet & is it too late to start with this challenge. Also is there any way to change the regular eating plan to a Keto eating plan
  • TXRebelle
    Wow! Love how great strict clean low carb will get the water weight off and make me feel so much better mentally and physically. I had an EIGHT pound whoosh this week. My body is a sponge when I eat carbs.
    Anyway, I'm back below where I started the year finally and ready to make some real progress AND keep it off. I need to lose 20 more to get to goal. I've re-committed and I will do everything in my power to make it happen.

Have a great week!
  • jingoace
    Sunday 6/6 190.4#
    Sunday 6/13 190.0#
    Sunday 6/20
    Sunday 6/27
  • Susabella627
    Susabella627 Posts: 107 Member
    Hello everyone,

In 2019 I lost 50 lbs on Keto and found this group to be quite helpful. Life happened, the pandemic happened and I gained back about half. Putting the brakes on right now and getting back under control. Started low carb at beginning of June and already down 9 lbs (obviously mostly water weight), but ready to go full Keto and start doing the hard work.

JUNE 2021 -

Sunday 5/30 - 229
    Sunday 6/6 - 203
    Sunday 6/13 -220
    Sunday 6/20
    Sunday 6/27
  • himessummer
    himessummer Posts: 2 Member
    I just joined this group today. I started Keto on May 8th. It is June 18th today. I was a diabetic with numbers up to 250. Now it is between 72 and 85. I feel better and have more energy. I also have kidney disease. My starting GFR number was 42 now it is 46. Last year it was 31. I am drinking more water which is contributing to better kidney function. I am trying to get it to a GFR of 60 so I can go from stage 3 kidney disease to stage2. I am doing a clean keto diet.
    May 8th: 188
    June 19th: 172
  • HerbsandMore
    I just joined this group today. I started Keto on May 8th. It is June 18th today. I was a diabetic with numbers up to 250. Now it is between 72 and 85. I feel better and have more energy. I also have kidney disease. My starting GFR number was 42 now it is 46. Last year it was 31. I am drinking more water which is contributing to better kidney function. I am trying to get it to a GFR of 60 so I can go from stage 3 kidney disease to stage2. I am doing a clean keto diet.
    May 8th: 188
    June 19th: 172

Sounds like you are improving, it is nice to have more energy, hopefully that will continue. Paulette
  • HerbsandMore
    I also just started, joined to see how it works, hopefully they will have another one in July
  • TXRebelle
    Gotta love the low carb water whooshes! I'm down 10.2 lbs since my high (this month) on June 6th. :smiley:
  • jingoace
    Sunday 6/6 190.4#
    Sunday 6/13 190.0#
    Sunday 6/20 190.2#
    Sunday 6/27
  • HerbsandMore
    I added my name to June Spreadsheet but now it seems to have disappeared any ideas?
  • stormywxs288
    stormywxs288 Posts: 795 Member
    I added my name to June Spreadsheet but now it seems to have disappeared any ideas?

Add yourself again. Put your name in row one of the last open cell. Right now that next to the name Summer. Then put your weight in the cell you wish to start with. June 20 was our last weigh in.