WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• KJLaMore
    KJLaMore Posts: 2,827 Member
    Good morning all! Happy Sunday!
    My nephews did well at the track meet, yesterday. The first, and only, event that they ran together, the 4x200, they placed first; with a time of 1:28.12. Then Ethan placed third in the 300m hurdles with a time of 39.61. Ethan ran the 4x400 (relay) with three other team members. This came to this meet, ranked fourth in this event. The 4x400 was the final event of the day (an eight hour day in the sun). There was one team (Detroit Jesuit) that kept a good 20m lead for nearly the entire race, with Zeeland West (the boys' team) in second. Then in the last 50 meters, Zeeland West zipped past the DJ anchor and took first place! It was stunning and I was screaming so hard I thought I was going to pass out. Two other teams tied in first to win the whole day; Zeeland West came in second/third. I am putting an article in the spoiler. There are two or three pictures of the boys in the gallery at the top of the page. There is a video near the end where the team credits their win to their superhero socks. lol Then the finishing times of the top runners in all of the events are at the bottom of the article. *sigh (excuse me while I gaze out the window and remember those days of sun, hot track, and being able to run forever.)
    Colin went to the meet with me. I brought a cooler filled with ham cubes, cheese cubes, water bottles (four of them frozen), cereal bars, almonds, and popsicles (which thanks to the frozen water bottles and an ice pack, stayed frozen for six hours). I was glad I had the ice pack, as a woman in the stands behind us had a medical emergency (due to the heat) and when the security yelled for an ice pack; I was able to give them mine. Anyway, we both stayed hydrated and I managed to not eat any of the concession foods. Colin and his cousin, Mercy (Ben and Ethan's older sister) were able to "talk shop" about college and work. I am glad they had that time to talk. Colin is/has always been, the "odd man out" at family gatherings because he is five years younger than the next oldest cousin, and six years older than the younger cousins.

ANYWAY...arrived home at 7:30pm, totally exhausted. To my surprise and delight, I noticed that Tim had cleaned all of the windows, watered my hanging pots outside, emptied the dishwasher, swept the floors, and folded the laundry that was in the dryer! I gave him a hug to thank him and actually started crying. I blame it on being in the sun all day; but I think it was huge gratitude for doing the majority of what I needed to do this weekend. I was in bed by 8:30pm, after eating some soup and drinking more water. I woke up this morning and found he had gone to the store and bought more popsicles for the kids for this week, and a few things that were on a list that I had started. (another thing crossed off my to do list!). He is definitely making it into my gratitude journal today! lol

Pip - I love your furniture and your decor! IF you paint your ladder, what color would you paint it? Maybe a gray or black? That is a nice splash pad for Yogi to play in! Your patio looks awesome! Definitely a nice place to sit and have a drink.

Lisa- Hugs to you, dear friend! I hope you are able to get your gut issues under control. Being sick is horrible; being sick of being sick is equally so. Big, BIG (((HUGS))). Glad your market business is doing well!

Carol- Eye procedures always cause me anxiety; but just think, after it is all said and done, your eyesight will be SO much better! Sending you love and comfort as you begin you journey to better sight! <3

Well, the morning is moving on without me. I need to get my sprinkler out and ready for use, and the kiddie pools out and cleaned up and ready for the week. Temps in the 80s this week (finally!). Here come our summer days of water, sand, sun, and popsicles! Hope you all have a wonderful day! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,504 Member
    KJLaMore wrote: »
    Good morning all! Happy Sunday!
    My nephews did well at the track meet, yesterday. The first, and only, event that they ran together, the 4x200, they placed first; with a time of 1:28.12. Then Ethan placed third in the 300m hurdles with a time of 39.61. Ethan ran the 4x400 (relay) with three other team members. This came to this meet, ranked fourth in this event. The 4x400 was the final event of the day (an eight hour day in the sun). There was one team (Detroit Jesuit) that kept a good 20m lead for nearly the entire race, with Zeeland West (the boys' team) in second. Then in the last 50 meters, Zeeland West zipped past the DJ anchor and took first place! It was stunning and I was screaming so hard I thought I was going to pass out. Two other teams tied in first to win the whole day; Zeeland West came in second/third. I am putting an article in the spoiler. There are two or three pictures of the boys in the gallery at the top of the page. There is a video near the end where the team credits their win to their superhero socks. lol Then the finishing times of the top runners in all of the events are at the bottom of the article. *sigh (excuse me while I gaze out the window and remember those days of sun, hot track, and being able to run forever.)
    Colin went to the meet with me. I brought a cooler filled with ham cubes, cheese cubes, water bottles (four of them frozen), cereal bars, almonds, and popsicles (which thanks to the frozen water bottles and an ice pack, stayed frozen for six hours). I was glad I had the ice pack, as a woman in the stands behind us had a medical emergency (due to the heat) and when the security yelled for an ice pack; I was able to give them mine. Anyway, we both stayed hydrated and I managed to not eat any of the concession foods. Colin and his cousin, Mercy (Ben and Ethan's older sister) were able to "talk shop" about college and work. I am glad they had that time to talk. Colin is/has always been, the "odd man out" at family gatherings because he is five years younger than the next oldest cousin, and six years older than the younger cousins.

ANYWAY...arrived home at 7:30pm, totally exhausted. To my surprise and delight, I noticed that Tim had cleaned all of the windows, watered my hanging pots outside, emptied the dishwasher, swept the floors, and folded the laundry that was in the dryer! I gave him a hug to thank him and actually started crying. I blame it on being in the sun all day; but I think it was huge gratitude for doing the majority of what I needed to do this weekend. I was in bed by 8:30pm, after eating some soup and drinking more water. I woke up this morning and found he had gone to the store and bought more popsicles for the kids for this week, and a few things that were on a list that I had started. (another thing crossed off my to do list!). He is definitely making it into my gratitude journal today! lol

Pip - I love your furniture and your decor! IF you paint your ladder, what color would you paint it? Maybe a gray or black? That is a nice splash pad for Yogi to play in! Your patio looks awesome! Definitely a nice place to sit and have a drink.

Lisa- Hugs to you, dear friend! I hope you are able to get your gut issues under control. Being sick is horrible; being sick of being sick is equally so. Big, BIG (((HUGS))). Glad your market business is doing well!

Carol- Eye procedures always cause me anxiety; but just think, after it is all said and done, your eyesight will be SO much better! Sending you love and comfort as you begin you journey to better sight! <3

Well, the morning is moving on without me. I need to get my sprinkler out and ready for use, and the kiddie pools out and cleaned up and ready for the week. Temps in the 80s this week (finally!). Here come our summer days of water, sand, sun, and popsicles! Hope you all have a wonderful day! ttfn xoxoxo KJ (Kelly)

Probably would paint the ladder an ivory color. Our patio is still not done, the guy that was supposed to do it flaked out. Kirby found another outfit and we were going to do it but Kirby thought (always thinking) if the association needed access to the drain pipes that we found are underneath in our area, they are going to have to ruin our cement slab to get access to the pipes, so we are going to do pavers instead. They are out til august to look at it for an estimate and October to do the job, ughhh.
  • pipcd34
    I found these that I’m thinking about getting. OfferUp of course.
    81nuecav1ady.jpeg
    hbuyzewnf0rl.jpeg
  • Susabella627
    Susabella627 Posts: 107 Member
    Happy Sunday! Today I am working until 3 and then if the heat is not to oppresive I will weed the flower gardens. Today's goal: hydrate, make good food choices and try to get those steps in. Hope everyone is having a wonderful day.
    Susan in NY
  • pipcd34
    My weight loss challenge team got second place! And I was third place on the team! Yay! It's right around where I want to be. One of the winners lost eight pounds, which is too much for a week. Maybe she missed a weigh-in or something.

Annie in Delaware who is happy with 2.2 lbs in a week.

Yeah for u, u go gurl!
  • pipcd34
    Newest purchase. Two throw pillows. The floral print one is the same on both sides. The other pillow has different print on each side. I love them
    pjkn8lplwubj.jpeg
    9y6s2dvx7lan.jpeg
    xwjbvkmrs2hr.jpeg
  • grandmallie
    grandmallie Posts: 9,677 Member
    Had a burst of energy so I cut up some tri colored peppers and a english cucumber and have some french onion dip,also made some macaroni salad and will slice up some strawberries and bring cool whip.going to Trudys at 5,we will have tapas....a little bit of cool stuff to hot to cook.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    Heather: Congratulations on a wonderful time with your family!!! The photo is wonderful. You did yourself proud. :flowerforyou:
  • Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,027 Member
    Thank you 😊
  • Peach1948
    Peach1948 Posts: 2,473 Member
    dgarlick ~ Welcome! Beautiful flowers. Do you have a name you might like to sign on your post?

Example,
    Carol GA

• Katla49
    edited June 2021
    dgarlick: Your flowers are wonderful. I love lilac flowers and the lovely scent. :flowerforyou:
  • pipcd34
    Yyyy
  • Katla49
    Our daughter is coming for a family wedding and I spent time getting the guest bedroom ready. It looks cozy and comfortable—except for the closet which is jammed full of luggage and things we don’t use.😳. I think it is time to organize that closet. :ohwell:
  • csofled
    csofled Posts: 3,022 Member
    😊👋💛