Women 200lb+, Let's Get The Job Done This June!!!

Replies

• KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    edited June 2021
    68 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1/2020: 263.6
    10/19/2020: 245.4
    1/1: 251.2 gained after going back to work and being more sedentary
    2/3: 250.4
    2/6: 256.6 adjusted according to my new scale.
    2/7: 255 -1.6 lbs lost of extra new scale weight
    2/27: 254.8 -.2 but I went up to 257 so this is a loss of 2.2 lbs
    2/28: 253.4
    April low: 255.2
    May 1: 257.8
    May 20: 255.6
    CW: 258.2

1st GW: 220 The lowest weight I got to when I last lost significant weight.
    2nd GW: Onderland 1st, maintain for a few weeks then
    3rd GW: 186 overweight but not obese
    4th GW: 150 lbs. Healthy weight Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

May Goal weight: Under 250.

Goals:
    Get 8+ glasses of water, log in calories daily, get enough sleep and stay under my calorie goal.
    Up N.E.A.T. (steps,stairs, cleaning, gardening, and cooking)
    Get regular exercise:
    • 1-2 strength training a week (1 with weights and later add back in 1 with resistance bands after a week or 2 if my elbow doesn’t start hurting again)
    • 5 days of walking
    Meal plan and make healthy meals at home. Limit take out to once a week (not junk food).
    Take another step towards lowering sugar intake.
    Wait to have breakfast until I feel hungry while I am working remotely.
    Up my vegetables and make sure I have fruit daily

Where have I been? After my youngest got full immunity and we celebrated their birthday we went on a long weekend trip to the beach. I know that next month work will pick up and it had been a while since we took another short Covid careful trip to the beach before I started back to work. We cooked all our meals on that trip. But this trip was different. I didn't want to cook since I am working now. I wanted a pool to swim in. I miss aquafit so much. I wanted to see the ocean again. So everyday we took a long walk on the beach in the surf and went to the pool (indoors - this is Washington) and my husband and I had a great time remembering all our water aerobic exercises. We had the pool mostly to ourselves. We ate at some good restaurants and cafes. The week before the trip was the 1st time we had eaten out. We were a bit concerned since rural Washington isn't as vaccinated as urban Washington. However we found that all the businesses were still following all the COVID protocols so with being vaccinated we felt safe. Of course we have been back this past short work week but we haven't even had time to go to the grocery store. We did go get our hair cut finally. So 2 things have wreaked havoc with the scale - eating out/take out and all that exercise using muscles that I don't use much. My muscles were screaming after walking in the surf. I was wondering because that hasn't ever happened before. However I realized that aquafit used those muscles you use pushing your legs through the water and we haven't gone back to the Y yet and they don't have Aquafit classes yet. I do not have to have a class. I just need to know I can get in that pool regularly enough to make the membership dues worth paying. So it was a long time since I had used those muscles.

This morning we spent half the day cleaning house. My son and his wife are coming into town soon. I had a walk and a strength training session this past week. So what I need to do is to get back to my healthy routine of eating healthy food at home and go back to my walks, strength training, drinking water and getting sleep. I meal planned and have a grocery list but just have to go. I actually tried to log my meals on my trip but it wanted me to log in and I hadn't taken my password with me so I started logging this past week again. I like the name of the thread this month. It fits where I am now. I am ready to get the job done at work, at home and getting healthy.
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @kelMee2 and @sandielewis2001 congrats on the great NSV’s! 👏🏻👏🏻
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    68 years old, Height: 5'6"
    SW: 266 lbs (Dec 2019)
    2/1/2020: 263.6
    10/19/2020: 245.4
    1/1: 251.2 gained after going back to work and being more sedentary
    2/3: 250.4
    2/6: 256.6 adjusted according to my new scale.
    2/7: 255 -1.6 lbs lost of extra new scale weight
    2/27: 254.8 -.2 but I went up to 257 so this is a loss of 2.2 lbs
    2/28: 253.4
    April low: 255.2
    May 1: 257.8
    May 20: 255.6
    Jun 5: 258.2
    CW: 256.8 (Jun 6)

4th GW: 150 lbs. Healthy weight Then evaluate what weight is best for me. I just want to get to a healthy weight for me.

Weight loss Goals:

Goals:
    • Get 8+ glasses of water, log in calories daily, get enough sleep and stay under my calorie goal.
    • Up N.E.A.T. (steps,stairs, cleaning, gardening, and cooking)
    • Get regular exercise:
    • 1-2 strength training a week (1 with weights and later add back in 1 with resistance bands after a week or 2 if
      my elbow doesn’t start hurting again)
    • 5 days of walking
    • Meal plan and make healthy meals at home. Limit take out to once a week (not junk food).
    • Take another step towards lowering sugar intake.
    • Wait to have breakfast until I feel hungry while I am working remotely.
    • Up my vegetables and make sure I have fruit daily

Well I am almost back to where I was before my trip. We are going grocery shopping after breakfast so that will help get the rest of the way down. Yesterday we cleaned house and today a big shopping trip. Next week I will get back to my exercise schedule. I will look as many posts as I can now.
  • LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    I think of my weight loss as coming down from the Pacific Crest and having to go down and up and down through the foothills to get to the Salish Sea (Puget Sound). Eventually the foothills and valleys become gentle slopes and as long as they are heading in the right direction you will get there. Enjoy the journey.
    @KeriA are you from the area? I live in N. Snohomish county and I LOVE your analogy!
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @KeriA thanks!🙂
  • turningfifty
    turningfifty Posts: 2 Member
    edited June 2021
    Trouble posting
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    Very busy the last week. Scale is up a bit. Probably extra water weight with the higher temps and sodium foods over the weekend. Did not get my official MFP weigh in on Friday. I was at my mom's house and she didn't have batteries for her digital scale. I wasn't at my house until Sat night.

My mom was leaving for her vacation house so had to go to her house all last weekend until she left Wed. Now I get to pick up her mail as she can't do her forwarding yet. Her house is a food trap so I have to plan better when grabbing things for my house and just cleaning up her house.

My cousin from out of state come up to get her sister so I spent a few days with them. It's a reminder to plan to visit them more often now.

Back to having my life back for a bit without doing everything for others daily lol. Have a few more days of weeding before going back to gym plans with strength training
  • FadedNovelty
    FadedNovelty Posts: 20 Member
    Up a bit this month because I had a ton of health stuff going on and haven't been watching what I eat very well.
    Height: 5'8"
    SW (end of 12/2020) 245
    CW: 218 (hoping that some of it is water weight/bloating because I was down to 212 oops)
    Weight Goal this month: 210. I may or may not reach it depending on what my current weight settles at after the food baby is processed.
    Other goals this month: track everything I eat, exercise every day

My exercise has been going well at least! I have been doing one workout a day at least, some days I do two workouts. If I kept my eating under control I would be a lot better off!
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    edited June 2021
    @christine237lucy
    I can totally understand!! I am finally feeling a little better, check your vitamin D level!! I had to take prescription Vitamin D for 8 weeks because mine was so low. That will make a HUGE difference! You are on the right track!

No weight loss this week, scale stayed the same. Wearing another item that was too tight last summer, so that is a NSV! not drinking enough water I know, so I am going to concentrate on that.

Have a good week everyone!!