Ok so how do i calculate food?

funfan55
funfan55 Posts: 9 Member
Hey, so after looking it up, my daily calorie intake is 2,694. Now i am watching a video that shows a guy that is close to my nutrition plan. His is 2,600 calories. How do i get exact to MY needs? Do i eat one less item on the food? Do I skip a meal? Let me know thank you!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Something doesn't make sense.

Another guy with calories BELOW yours by 94 is on same plan.

That would NOT mean skipping a meal (that's one small meal for only 94 calories anyway) or eating less - that's eating more.

Piece of bread, extra oil on vege's. Inaccuracies in logging making it up.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,329 Member
    What is your aim? Do you want to lose weight? If so then simply use the guided setup and chose a realistic weight loss goal. Hint: it's not the highest unless you're very obese. Then log all your food and try to stay close to the numbers MFP gives you.

If you know you're eating 2694 calories each day (do you eat the same every day?) and you're neither gaining nor losing weight then yes, you only need to eat the right amount less of that to lose weight. How you do that is up to you. Eat less overall by choosing smaller portions, remove one part of a meal... I think we need a bit more info to really help you.
  • PAV8888
    PAV8888 Posts: 13,394 Member
    edited June 2021
    funfan55 wrote: »
    Hey, so after looking it up, my daily calorie intake is 2,694. Now i am watching a video that shows a guy that is close to my nutrition plan. His is 2,600 calories. How do i get exact to MY needs? Do i eat one less item on the food? Do I skip a meal? Let me know thank you!

If MFP is too much to start with in terms of logging, grab a little dollar store mini notebook and jot down everything you're eating; before you eat it. That way you can review what you eat and see if you need a "plan".

I've known very few people who have done well long term following rigid food plans. You may be better off gradually ADDING things you want to consume more off, and letting them displace, naturally, things you want to consume less off.

If you have no idea what to eat you may want to look up general recommendations on what to eat... most governments provide them to their citizens.

A quick generic "fact" sheet: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact-sheets/detail/healthy-diet

Dietary recommendations by various countries: http://www.fao.org/nutrition/nutrition-education/food-dietary-guidelines/en/