The official nightshift thread....

Replies

• Kindhearts30
    Kindhearts30 Posts: 1,730 Member
    Yay night shift people
  • canadjineh
    canadjineh Posts: 5,396 Member
    Hi there, @Kindhearts30! Hoping your shiftwork is going well, I have switched to the Light Side (a move from the Dark Side, lol), but still stay up into the wee hours since I mainly work afternoons now.
    We've adopted our elderly neighbour's tuxedo cat, Lily, since he is in palliative care in the hospital now and she knows us well. We want to keep her in her familiar neighbourhood although she is definitely missing him right now. She is quite the talker, doing chirpy meows but we know she's probably saying, "Where is Bob?"
    I'll post a picture of her later when I get one uploaded. She has really cute markings.
  • canadjineh
    fi20q9m1jx1r.jpg
    Here's a picture of Lily having a snooze with her little paws all tucked up and crossed, with her tail circling her hind feet. Sometimes she sleeps on her back all stretched out and with a twist to her upper torso reaching far out to one side. Looks so funny.
    rrc21xxya814.jpg

• Kindhearts30
    canadjineh wrote: »
    fi20q9m1jx1r.jpg
    Here's a picture of Lily having a snooze with her little paws all tucked up and crossed, with her tail circling her hind feet. Sometimes she sleeps on her back all stretched out and with a twist to her upper torso reaching far out to one side. Looks so funny.
    rrc21xxya814.jpg

Adorable =) Thanks for sharing
  • Kindhearts30
    I love animals
  • gillylucky13
    gillylucky13 Posts: 2,066 Member
    Not nightshift but definitely a night-owl. I love animals too but more specifically am a dog person!
  • canadjineh
    Hi and welcome @gillylucky13. We used to have a Rhodesian Ridgeback many years ago but we travel too much and a dog is more dependent on its pack for comfort and companionship that a cat is, so now we've got a cat.
  • Kindhearts30
    I'm super sad =( My cousins cat passed away =(
  • Kindhearts30
    o62c8r8oxt2y.jpg

He was soooo freaking cute
  • Kindhearts30
    Still super sad about it
  • canadjineh
    Sad to hear about your cousin's cute kitty. Looks young too. :( We are headed out of town for a 2 night getaway so our friend down the road is taking care of our Lily at our house. A bit nerve wracking as we have so many fires around here and were almost evacuated on July 1 from a very close one; the crews with copters and a plane were able to get it out though. Crazy heat all over the Western Provinces (and States south of us.) Hoping everyone is staying safe and cool!
  • Kindhearts30
    canadjineh wrote: »
    Sad to hear about your cousin's cute kitty. Looks young too. :( We are headed out of town for a 2 night getaway so our friend down the road is taking care of our Lily at our house. A bit nerve wracking as we have so many fires around here and were almost evacuated on July 1 from a very close one; the crews with copters and a plane were able to get it out though. Crazy heat all over the Western Provinces (and States south of us.) Hoping everyone is staying safe and cool!

@canadjineh He had cancer =(

• canadjineh
    Hubby got called on short notice for his scheduled surgery, 1 1/2 days notice :o so he had to run around madly getting a chest x-ray at our local hospital, Covid test at the Health Unit, blood draw and ECG at the lab. Surgery was a success and I'm very glad that he is home now after 5 days in hospital. They have a 130% occupancy rate right now, and a new tower is being built, but they took good care of him. Now he just needs to be patient in recovery. While we were away at our neighbouring city for the surgery our area had another fire just down the road from us, luckily we have a volunteer fire department very close and they got it out, then two more popped up along the main road out here. It's so smoky it's hard to tell if a fire is close or not, ashes are drifting down all the time. My cousins and my aunt & uncle have been evac'd due to a fire just on the edge of their town down the lake from us.
    I'm back to wearing masks, but this time it's thanks to the smoke and ash (I have asthma.) :(
  • sufferlandrian
    sufferlandrian Posts: 8,188 Member
    We're getting some of your smoke here in Montana. I can only imagine what it's like over there.
  • canadjineh
    edited July 2021
    https://vernonmorningstar.com/news/southern-b-c-interior-cities-have-worst-air-quality-in-canada/
    Plus more expected very high temps for the next week....Into the high 30's C.
  • sufferlandrian
    We've got three fires surrounding the valley. No matter which way the wind blows, we still have bad air. All my riding lately is indoors.
  • Kindhearts30
    Yay the nightshift
  • canadjineh
    Hi everybody! They did a backburn yesterday on our fire and overnight it rained pretty heavy, so although we aren't yet off Evac Alert, we should be able to relax soon. Now we just have to deal with this 4th wave of Delta Covid spreading like wildfire among the 20-40 y.o. un/partially vaccinated population who are also fighting mask mandates.... Part of me just wishes they would all die off so this could be over with, but that's just my cynical nature. Just me venting, because I get to deal with these people on a daily basis at work. :s:/

I hope everyone is doing OK and your jobs are still keeping you in housing and groceries - not much else to spend money on right now, lol.
  • canadjineh
    Our kitty, Lily has taken over our favorite leather lounge chair, and we are too soft hearted to push her off of it most of the time. I did buy her a barrel style bed she can lay on top of (kinda like a hammock) or hide inside of, all fuzzy and plush, but we need to cut back on her food. She is starting to get a bit too big for it, which makes it uncomfortable for her. We all need to get back on our diets in this house, lol. Jelly beans, tortilla chips, and gin & tonics aren't conducive to flat bellies and slim jeans.
  • sufferlandrian
    We've had a lot of fires here but I've been fortunate that none have come close to my house. We live in the transition between the farmland and town, right on a stream so things are greener here than a lot of places. So although the fires are burning all around us and the air at times is hazardous, the fires haven't come anywhere close. One of the roads I drive, the people lost their homes and all their stuff when the wind shifted and the fire turned west. I feel bad for them. I was glad the fire couldn't keep going. The homes were on the lake so it couldn't keep going. The advantage of a 45 mile long lake. :smile: