40+ Club : Where the Cool Kids Are

Replies

• work_again
    work_again Posts: 125 Member
    edited June 2021
    Beeps2011 wrote: »
    Hi Caramel!

I have no motivation to lift....whether it is the long Pandemic, or I don't know. I have not taken this LONG of a break from lifting in a DECADE!

I know I need to start again. I am not really wanting to, though.

I've been in the same boat.... but its time... i'm starting with just some general exercise to get my body used to moving again hahaha.... then i want to get back to lifting. I used to looovvvve some dumbbell circuits.

And welcome back @caramelgyrlk !!!
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,883 Member
    nossmf wrote: »
    My 2021 resolutions. I have one each for body, heart and mind.

Body: Workout 120 times in 2021 (only got 97 last year)
    Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)
    Mind: Finish edits on second novel and submit to a publisher

To date, my progress:

Day: 154/365
    Body: 59/120
    Heart: 5/15
    Mind: 10% complete

Pull day complete.
  • locarosa39
    locarosa39 Posts: 1 Member
    I'm interested in getting inspiration from this group. I turned 40 this year and gained 40+ lbs during cancer treatment for breast cancer. I'm on the other side of treatment and looking for advice on clean eating.
  • nossmf

Heart: Have 12 date nights with my wife (in addition to Valentine's, Anniversary and her birthday)

To date, my progress:

Day: 155/365
    Body: 60/120
    Heart: 5/15

Yesterday on my birthday was a most productive deadlift session.
  • Beeps2011
    Beeps2011 Posts: 11,919 Member
    Happy birthday (belated) nossf.

I am going to find some 20-minute lifting workouts. Splits, I guess. A start.
  • TracyAG2020
    TracyAG2020 Posts: 12 Member
    Heeeeeyyyyyy!!! This is the right place for me 🙂
    I need to lose weight, I need to get healthier and I am happy to encourage or kick up the bum, whatever is needed, please add me as a friend 🙂
  • 3furballs
    3furballs Posts: 476 Member
    Hey kids,

Took a hiatus and now I'm back.

My shoulder is all better now. Time to get back into Powerlifting. Touring a new gym this weekend and hope to call it my new home.

Took a long walk with the dogs.

Sometimes you need a break to enjoy it again.

I'm working on losing my pandemic weight, eating too much, drinking too much and not able to workout as hard during the lockdowns.

Now that stay at home has been lifted I can lift again at my friends and since New Years Eve I've done 6, 1 hour one arm long cycle kettlebell marathon and a few IKFF competitions (via recording). Helping to slim down, though the scale has not moved a lot I feel better.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 159/365
    Body: 61/120
    Heart: 6/15

Push Day A complete.

Also date night with my wife before she takes off on a multi-state tour of her extended family, driving from city to city to say hi before returning to me about ten days later. She'll be gone for our anniversary, but now that COVID lockdowns are letting up she's making the rounds to hug rather than zoom her aunts, cousins, mother, etc.
  • Beeps2011
    I will do 30 mins of lifting/stretch today. Time to dip my toe back in.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 160/365
    Body: 62/120

Pull Day B completed yesterday.
  • Indee19
    Indee19 Posts: 49 Member
    locarosa39 wrote: »
    I'm interested in getting inspiration from this group. I turned 40 this year and gained 40+ lbs during cancer treatment for breast cancer. I'm on the other side of treatment and looking for advice on clean eating.

So far my two favorite clean recipe sources are from my previous rounds of Whole30. The Whole Cook (Christina Shoemaker) and Whole Kitchen Sink (Bailey Fischer) are both on Instagram, Pinterest and have cookbooks available to purchase. Christina's no bean chili is amazing.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 162/365
    Body: 63/120

Leg Day A completed.

• nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 165/365
    Body: 64/120

Push Day B completed.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 166/365
    Body: 65/120

Cardio day complete. Based on some advice received, I'm experimenting with doing lifting days and cardo days, rather than doing both the same day. If I can maintain this pattern, then reaching the 120 workout days will be a no-brainer, but let's see if I can maintain the discipline for a few weeks before assuming it as a foregone conclusion.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 168/365

Yesterday I got in Pull Day B and today another cardio day. I'm not updating my "Body" count, as I'm taking this opportunity to not count a couple times during the winter where I shoveled snow but did not actually go to the gym. I will continue to record calories burned towards my daily calorie consumption, but the purpose of this resolution is supposed to be "workouts in addition to normal life", so snow shoveling and working in the yard, both activities required by life, will not count. I will, however, still count times I go for a long hike, as that's not required to live life... just required to be a better dad, lol.
  • xblosh
    xblosh Posts: 146 Member

To date, my progress:

Day: 168/365

Yesterday I got in Pull Day B and today another cardio day. I'm not updating my "Body" count, as I'm taking this opportunity to not count a couple times during the winter where I shoveled snow but did not actually go to the gym. I will continue to record calories burned towards my daily calorie consumption, but the purpose of this resolution is supposed to be "workouts in addition to normal life", so snow shoveling and working in the yard, both activities required by life, will not count. I will, however, still count times I go for a long hike, as that's not required to live life... just required to be a better dad, lol.

There you go sir! Keep it up. Let's smash this weekend
  • Beeps2011
    I did lift yesterday. Am sore today. I think I will try and go for a nice walk today.
  • nossmf

To date, my progress:

Day: 172/365
    Body: 67/120

Saturday I got my Leg Day B (deadlifts) completed, but never got near a computer to update this log for the rest of the weekend. Today I completed Push Day A.
  • lexcoulstring
    lexcoulstring Posts: 386 Member
    Raises hand... But feeling like I'm in my 30's (well most days haha)
  • nossmf
    edited June 2021

To date, my progress:

Day: 173/365
    Body: 68/120
    Heart: 7/15

Logged some time doing cardio this morning, and last night was date night with my wife, welcoming her back home after two weeks of traveling out of state to visit family.