Also moving from Sparkpeople

dgarlick1
dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
Wanted to say hello and hope that everyone is well!!

Replies

• candysashab88
    candysashab88 Posts: 71 Member
    I’m a refugee from there as well
  • Jamesever
    Jamesever Posts: 51 Member
    vsq9iswp594p.jpg
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Did something happen to/at SparkPeople? Welcome, regardless, but what's with the sudden influx?
  • sronnien
    sronnien Posts: 1 Member
    Good morning everyone. I too am a refugee from Sparkpeople. Happy to have landed in this community, and hope to get to know everyone.
    Cheers!
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Did something happen to/at SparkPeople? Welcome, regardless, but what's with the sudden influx?

I was pretty curious as well, and found this. It's pretty disconcerting. Like MFP would decide one day to close everything down and start another profit-oriented, US-restricted "competitive" site without all the things that make it MFP. I'm sorry, Sparkpeople!
  • mrsgirwin1
    mrsgirwin1 Posts: 3 Member
    Also moving from SparkPeople. I had been using it faithfully for 4 months with success. I am excited to start using MFP with the same success!
  • dizzybritches
    dizzybritches Posts: 4 Member
    Thanks for being so welcoming, @SabAteNine ! SP just leaked the news that they were changing their business model to partner with certain US businesses and their employees for more money. The new platform doesn’t have the features that made SP work.
  • Goodgollygee
    Goodgollygee Posts: 102 Member
    Hello all. I was also a SP member. Hoping to stay inspired and meet others who are like minded.
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    Another SP refugee here. It's such a bummer that they're shutting down, especially since it seems like the new platform is mainly focused on businesses.
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,291 Member
    I am moving here also from Sparkpeople due to them closing as of August 17 2021
    Am looking for anyone that follows the Bright Line Eating program - (have started a group here for that) and also have started another group called Needing Support with Weight Loss - anyone interested in joining me on either of these groups
  • Natroushka
    Natroushka Posts: 2,705 Member
    I was super bummed that Sparkspeople is shutting down BUT I've used myfitnesspal for two days now and it's AWESOME. It's actually much more useful than Sparkspeople. I still have to learn where everything is but I'm sure liking things so far! Thank you myfitnesspal!
  • rondajo56
    rondajo56 Posts: 556 Member
    Hi everyone! I too am from SP. I joined a group called NEEDING SUPPORT WITH WEIGHT LOSS. The group was started by my leader from SP. Check it out. Join us. WE WOULD LOVE TO HAVE YOU THERE!!
  • WinterflowerSP
    WinterflowerSP Posts: 846 Member
    @SabAteNine Hi! Could you tell me how you were able to copy/reply to the post from the other member goal060... above? I am trying to find my way around and that would be helpful to me. Thanks!

Our SP platform as we knew it, is closing down in August. There are possibly thousands (?) of users who belonged to various groups, teams, and challenges that are losing their "home". Many of us are trying out other platforms. I have been a member here since 2011, I think, but switched fully to SP in 2016 after UnderArmor got involved.
  • SabAteNine
    SabAteNine Posts: 1,866 Member
    Hi there, @mnsodi ! Sure thing. On the desktop version there is a Quote button right under each message, which allows you to do just that (i.e. quote the message you want to reply to).

xodhlnni3625.jpg

Hope this helps! Welcome to the club :smile:
  • debbiejterp
    debbiejterp Posts: 3 Member
    Another migrator from SP* here!
  • jaecamille13
    jaecamille13 Posts: 1 Member
    I wanted to say hi.. I am here from Spark People due to the site closing in August.
  • MinnieIndigo
    MinnieIndigo Posts: 5 Member
    I'm moving over from SP too. Hi everyone!