Bye-bye Fast Food!

Here's a little success story I wanted to share....ever so often I used to have to take all the extra fast food napkins out of my console that invariably build up and take them in the house to use. Today I noticed it has been so long since I have eaten fast food that there are NO NAPKINS AT ALL in there, and have not been in weeks. Winning!!!!

Replies

• DancingMoosie
    DancingMoosie Posts: 8,613 Member
    Nice!
  • JenniTheVeggie
    JenniTheVeggie Posts: 2,474 Member
    Woohoo!
  • joyanna2016
    joyanna2016 Posts: 323 Member
    A rather unique NSV!
  • Sand_TIger
    Sand_TIger Posts: 1,070 Member
    Fantastic! I love it. And you know what they say... fast food will speed you to the grave, LOL. I'll bet you are feeling better not having it around.
  • metaphysicalstudio
    metaphysicalstudio Posts: 293 Member
    Yes!
  • vpeaches
    vpeaches Posts: 31 Member
    That's such a wonderful and spontaneous measure of your lifestyle change! :)
  • godsrainbowsgb4650
    godsrainbowsgb4650 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow staying away from f.f. for sure.
  • MsCzar
    MsCzar Posts: 1,039 Member
    edited June 2021
    Great job! I hope you will find (as I did) that after swapping fat-laden fast food calories for fresh healthy choices, the drive through offerings will completely lose their appeal. Back in February, I spent much of the day distance driving and thought I'd "treat" myself to a ff lunch. I was truly looking forward to it. Ugh! The food tasted like a greasy mess accompanied by a sickly sweet milkshake. Still, I am glad I did it since it completely cured my desire for fast food.
  • canofworms
    canofworms Posts: 3 Member
    that is great, and very hard to do
  • FitTweetyPi
    FitTweetyPi Posts: 7 Member
    You have done great. I rarely eat fast food. I only do when on the road when there is ABSOLUTELY no other restaurant in the area. I do prefer a local restaurant when on the road. As in the words of Forrest Gump, "you never know what you will get." But Tinalongworth, it is GREAT you are staying away from fast food.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,457 Member
    Fast food isn't the devil though. People get overweight for one reason......................overconsumption of calories. And while yes fast food is calorie dense, it DOESN'T mean you can't have it somewhere in your week and still fit it in. If you like to eat fast food occasionally, then plan for it.
    Deprivation can drive people to binges (not always), but if you're yearning for KFC or Carl's Jr. burger, it's not bad to actually eat it and feel guilty doing it as long as it's within your calorie restriction.

A.C.E. Certified Personal and Group Fitness Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 30 years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition

9285851.png
  • JessD9031
    JessD9031 Posts: 581 Member
    ninerbuff wrote: »
    Fast food isn't the devil though. People get overweight for one reason......................overconsumption of calories. And while yes fast food is calorie dense, it DOESN'T mean you can't have it somewhere in your week and still fit it in. If you like to eat fast food occasionally, then plan for it.
    Deprivation can drive people to binges (not always), but if you're yearning for KFC or Carl's Jr. burger, it's not bad to actually eat it and feel guilty doing it as long as it's within your calorie restriction.

Thank you for this clarification. Quarter pounders with cheese are where its at. If they would make you fat, i would weigh a metric ton.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!