Ive lost over 100lbs! 270lbs-170lbs

djyoes
djyoes Posts: 8 Member
edited June 2021 in Success Stories
I started last year around June at over 270lbs and now weigh 169lbs. I'm 5'10" and work in IT and sit for long periods of time. I lost weight by walking, getting a Garmin watch to count my steps and challenge others, and logging my food into myfitnesspal. People often asked me how I have lost so much and I simply tell this, Eating right, exercising, and being persistent. 4s7ldovenhlx.png
Ive included a pic of me at 240lbs from 2017 next to me now at 170lbs. I dont have any pics of me at 270 because I was camera shy.

Replies

• vxcross
    vxcross Posts: 4 Member
    that's awesome, good for you!! :)
  • OnceAndFutureAthlete
    OnceAndFutureAthlete Posts: 192 Member
    Looks good on you!!!
    I bet your body thanks you, too.

Well done!
    And congrats on your hard work - and results!
  • alisampm
    alisampm Posts: 182 Member
    Awesome job!
  • jma13
    jma13 Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats! :) Keep it up! Inspire me to do the same.
  • Hollis100
    Hollis100 Posts: 1,408 Member
    Fantastic, you look wonderful. A great achievement!
  • TheWaistBasket
    TheWaistBasket Posts: 56 Member
    What a transformation. A long way to go for me. It's possible. Thank you for sharing your success.
  • Goodgollygee
    Goodgollygee Posts: 102 Member
    Good for you!!! Fantastic!!! Keep going!! I am new here. I just joined here and you have already given me hope. I have a long way to go too! So glad for you!!
  • saramelie77
    saramelie77 Posts: 50 Member
    Yay!!
  • mrsbusy2003
    mrsbusy2003 Posts: 1 Member
    edited June 2021
    This is fantastic. Bet you feel a whole lot better. You should be very proud of what you've achieved. Well done!
  • Sailor555
    Sailor555 Posts: 45 Member
    Great comparison face photos. You look great, and sound like you feel good too. Very inspiring for the rest of us! Congratulations on your hard work paying off. What an achievement!
  • dsclow
    dsclow Posts: 5 Member
    Excellent job. My goal weight is the same and we are the same height. You give me encouragement by your example.
  • Miryam2017
    Miryam2017 Posts: 2 Member
    Well done! Hopefully, you will inspire many people to follow your simple yet effective plan. The portraits are amazing evidence.
  • antnygirl716
    antnygirl716 Posts: 1 Member
    Wow! Fantastic!
  • Randyamc
    Randyamc Posts: 365 Member
    Very impressive!
  • christabeltoria
    christabeltoria Posts: 129 Member
    Inspiring!
  • durhammfp
    durhammfp Posts: 493 Member
    edited June 2021
    Wow. That's a great achievement.
  • LydiaMcMillan1946
    LydiaMcMillan1946 Posts: 5 Member
    Wow!! you married? LOL
  • supercpa999
    supercpa999 Posts: 403 Member
    @djyoes
    Incredible job!!!!
  • 142jmh
    142jmh Posts: 82 Member
    Awesome approach and awesome results! Congrats on all your hard work and commitment paying off!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!