Meal Plan for those that have Hashimotos Thyroid Disease?

Any recommendations for meal plans for those that have Hashimotos Thyroid Disease. Would love to get some feedback!

Thanks!

Replies

• wlkeane
    wlkeane Posts: 1 Member
    My Dr. has steered me toward AIP, Auto Immune Protocol. You can Google it. The big deal is to stay away from nightshade foods that cause inflammation. Due to other conditions, I cannot eat a lot of what is on there, but I do know it has worked for many many Hashi patients. I hope this helps.
  • yirara
    yirara Posts: 9,388 Member
    Eat what you like. Track your calories thoroughly with a scale and chose proper database entries. The most important thing, and possibly the hardest: make sure your meds are spot on. That doesn't mean a certain number on a blood test but that you feel normal and healthy because labs often have lab ranges that are head-shake-worthy and doctors often don't take into account how a person feels. Patience. Hashimoto doesn't make it impossible to lose weight. Yes, there might be a reduction of energy expenditure of up to 4% of NEAT, but that's easily corrected with a bit more movement, and it's not progressive. It's a one-off thing. If your meds are not spot on you might move less, fidget less with both burns less calories. If your meds aren't spot on you might feel more hungry and eat more. Feel more down, and move less and eat more. Your body might store a bit more water, which obviously is not bodyfat, but it also has a weight.

signed: lost all my weight while having untreated hashi