To Date Your Biggest Non-Scale Victory

Options

Replies

• Get_Back_To_Feeling_Good
    Options
    My biggest NSV to date is building the habit of tracking my daily nutrition and exercise here in MFP. I feel as though I’ve shifted out of the short term mindset of dieting to a lifelong approach to eating right and exercising regularly. It’s interesting that, for me, the ‘biggest’ NSV is actually a more subtle and gradual habit building. I haven’t changed as much physically as others have posted on this thread; but, I moved from an overweight BMI to the ‘normal’ range (i.e., 168 to 135). So, while it may not be as powerful an impact or result from a MFP overall perspective, it’s made a huge difference in terms of my personal well-being and ability to maintain a lifetime of health.

I think that is a great way to look at it!
    Options
    I'm 49, and currently I wear a smaller band on my bra than I did when I was 16 and am now wearing the same size clothing I was in high school. 55 pound loss and I'm not done yet, I've got about 70 more pounds to go.

Great job way to go!
    Options
    Down from size 24/26 to 6/8!

wow!!
    Options
    susanlee53 wrote: »
    I bought some size 14 slacks yesterday. Last time I wore 14s was 1977. May goal was to shop for clothing with joy, almost there. Still in a ? zone, but definitely NOT negative.

Great job I want out of the XXXL shirts cant wait but have to stick to this and remember not to eat just to eat!!!!
  • amusedmonkey
    amusedmonkey Posts: 10,330 Member
    Options
    For sure that would be my blood sugar, which was the reason I started losing weight in the first place. I went from borderline diabetic (officially diabetic by some measures) to middle of normal.

Congratulations on your achievement, that's no small feat!
  • xenaforever
    xenaforever Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Gyms finally re-opened again today here and I was excited to book a 4pm time. Nice to be back. My non-scale victory was that I stuck to a consistant home workout program the last 2 months and had the energy to keep up wth my old gym routines:)
  • xenaforever
    xenaforever Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    my victory today is waking with my 1st alarm (extremely rare for me!) and heading straight to the gym instead of covering my head and going back to sleep.
    Options
    mitch239 wrote: »
    One of the biggest to date is having to add an extra hole to and then subsequently buying a new belt.

To funny was just thinking about going and getting a new belt for the same reason!!!!! :D
  • nossmf
    nossmf Posts: 8,971 Member
    Options
    mitch239 wrote: »
    One of the biggest to date is having to add an extra hole to and then subsequently buying a new belt.

I did exactly this. Also huge in my memory was being able to climb a single flight of stairs without gasping for breath.
  • Indialove901
    Indialove901 Posts: 71 Member
    Options
    I’m able to do a lunge. At first I hated lunges and burpees equally, but now I just hate burpees! 😂