New to MFP

Hi All,
I am new to my fitness pal. I am really excited to have this tool at my finger tips. It is already helping me to be more mindful of what I am eating. Hopefully I will make some new friends as well.:happy:

Replies

• gullsluvr
    gullsluvr Posts: 10
    Hi All,
    I am new to my fitness pal. I am really excited to have this tool at my finger tips. It is already helping me to be more mindful of what I am eating. Hopefully I will make some new friends as well.:happy:
  • Hi. I am new too. Yesterday was my first day and I couldn't believe how easy this was! I wish you luck.
    Clifford89
  • BrenNew
    BrenNew Posts: 3,420 Member
    Hi All,

Hi, and welcome to THE best site on the web! :love:
    Between the easy to use food counter (which by the way is SUCH an eye opener!) and all the wonderfully supportive members, you WILL be able to lose the weight that you want to, AND, it'll "almost" be easy doing it! :smile:
    I recommend logging ALL your foods BEFORE you have them, rather than later, as it tends to lead to better food choices. (not to mention you'll know if you've got enough numbers left to have a night time snack, like I ALWAYS try to do!) Some people also like to weigh and measure some things, such as meats, rather than just estimating and possibly being WAY off!
    Also, drink lots of water, that seems to help alot too. :drinker:
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Welcome to MFP girls! :flowerforyou:

In addition to what Bren said, I would also suggest you look around the forum for some nice informative threads. You may also find it fun to join some support group - there are ones for stay at home mums, working mums, teachers, brides-to-be, people over 200lbs, people over 300lbs etc. etc., just pick what suits you best! It's a great extra motivation and it feels like a cool game you are playing, taking up challenges and fighting for biggest loser! That's the difference between the traditional weight losing and being on a great site like MFP!

Have fun and good luck on your journey! :drinker:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Hello and welcome to MFP. I just know you will love this site if you don't already. I love it here. This site is so helpful, supportive, motivational, and everyone is so nice and friendly. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::smile: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • gullsluvr
    gullsluvr Posts: 10
    I want to thank everyone for your support. It means alot. Being the only girl in the house and being surrounded by guys who can(and do) eat anything they want with out gaining weight it is hard for them to completely be supportive. Again THANK YOU!!:smile: