Ive lost over 100lbs! 270lbs-170lbs

Replies

• pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    Very impressive! I appreciate you sharing your approach- it sounds doable.
  • jamesha100
    jamesha100 Posts: 214 Member
    Wonderful loss - well done. I think many guys in similar sedentary jobs will be inspired by you - I am!

I think being persistent is the key. I tend to lose 40ish pounds, get distracted by a holiday or other event and pile it back on.

I would be interested to know more detail about how you lost, whether there were plateaus and, if so, how you dealt with them.

• kenlad64
    kenlad64 Posts: 377 Member
    Excellent work, enjoy the new you. You took a great approach to your situation, very inspiring.
  • suzij27
    suzij27 Posts: 199 Member
    Way to go! Your body must be feeling so much better now that you are moving it more and carrying 100 lbs less.

I’m curious about what you are doing now. Are you incorporating more movement throughout your day or just doing one long walk/exercise session? i.e. Are you getting up from your desk every hour and walking a lap or doing it in chunks?
  • FABRICWOMAN
    FABRICWOMAN Posts: 539 Member
    It is so good to see the men of MFP working toward their goal of a healthier lifestyle. I have several men in my family that I desperately hope and pray will start to take better care of their health before it is too late for them. I know you can't drag anyone to start living a healthier lifestyle (It took me 68 years myself), but I keep hoping that they will see me as an silent example of how good life can be. Wishing you all the best wishes on your weight loss journey. You look marvelous, keep up the good/hard work!
  • brenn24179
    brenn24179 Posts: 2,144 Member
    some people dont look as good when losing so much weight, but it really looks good on you!
  • ufindjewels
    ufindjewels Posts: 10 Member
    Wow! Check you out!
  • BRGking
    BRGking Posts: 40 Member
    awesome!
  • coblujay
    coblujay Posts: 688 Member
    Congratulations! I love your advice on making the small changes and building on them. Very inspiring!
  • steffi1686
    steffi1686 Posts: 119 Member
    Awesome job and very inspiring!
  • brandigyrl81
    brandigyrl81 Posts: 128 Member
    Awesome work!!!! Congratulations!!!!
  • yweight2020
    yweight2020 Posts: 591 Member
    YAY, you did that so proud for you
  • djyoes
    djyoes Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2021
    jamesha100 wrote: »
    Wonderful loss - well done. I think many guys in similar sedentary jobs will be inspired by you - I am!

I think being persistent is the key. I tend to lose 40ish pounds, get distracted by a holiday or other event and pile it back on.

I would be interested to know more detail about how you lost, whether there were plateaus and, if so, how you dealt with them.

Yes, there were many plateaus, setbacks. I got shin splint in my right leg, ive had back pain(muscle spasms), blisters, callus on my toe that turned into blister underneath. A lot of this was my own fault, not stretching, eating and drinking right, lacing up my shoes properly, not resting properly, not listening to my body, etc.. Id say the biggest was having too much sugar and sodium and not drinking enough water, I cut that sugar and sodium down, drank more water, and no more reoccurring shin splint issues, im convinced that was my issue, id have a 12ounce regular redbull every day and cut that to a sugar free 8.4 ounce sometimes now. The only way to deal with any of the issues is to take it a bit more seriously and pay attention, and I wasn't the best at that when I started this, all of this ive just gotten better about, and its kind of snowballed. My biggest issue now is that I don't want to even take one day to rest and not go walking, crazy right?! Hard to believe that bothers me to take a day off. I'm in Texas and its been raining almost every day for a while now or looks like its about to rain and I go during the brief windows I can and often bring an umbrella with me just in case I get caught out in it. Ive also joined a gym and use some of the multi gym equipment and then go relax in the steam room. Feel free to message me if you wan to know more, I could go on for hours.

My Tips:
    1. Get good shoes and tie them properly: I like Brooks (Beast 2.0 for me), and ive tried lots of other shoes, new balance, sketchers, asics, nike, ect..

2. Get a headset(good one with mic near your face) and call people that talk a lot. This will transform your walk, and get your mind off of it.

3. On a hot day of walking, put on sunscreen, and freeze a small bottle of water and put in your pocket when you walk, by the time you need it it will be refreshing.
  • djyoes
    edited June 2021
    Feel free to follow me on Strava
    https://www.strava.com/athletes/djyoes

Also feel free to add me and or message me if you have any questions.
  • djyoes
    suzij27 wrote: »
    Way to go! Your body must be feeling so much better now that you are moving it more and carrying 100 lbs less.

I’m curious about what you are doing now. Are you incorporating more movement throughout your day or just doing one long walk/exercise session? i.e. Are you getting up from your desk every hour and walking a lap or doing it in chunks?

I try and get up every hour and walk around the house\office for a couple of minutes. I go for walks during lunch and after lunch for 30minutes to an hour, usually longer after work and then to the gym a a very, very light work out and steam room. During the weekends I like to walk 3 times, split up far apart, like morning, lunch, and just before sunset, usually 2-5 miles each walk. If I only walk once that day I usually feel like Ive failed, in a way, not in a bad way, but in a way that makes me definitively want to walk 2 to 3 walks the next day.
  • AnnofB
    AnnofB Posts: 3,584 Member
    Wonderful job! :)
  • TBird135
    TBird135 Posts: 43 Member
    Great job! You're an inspiration.
  • grantmemore
    grantmemore Posts: 3 Member
    Absolutely awesome! Congratulations on your awesome success, brother! I was 294 at my heaviest. Just hit 269 yesterday. Your post is the inspiration and motivation I needed. I really appreciate it. Would you mind elaborating on the daily calorie cap(s) you tried to stay at throughout your journey?

Thank you,

G
  • sherwoodc45
    sherwoodc45 Posts: 1 Member
    Congrats!!!
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!