Website help please its urgent!

Beccalouise09
Beccalouise09 Posts: 128 Member
there is something about mfps thats annoying me.

i cannot get the strength workouts to be shown in posts on mfps, it wont add onto the daily amount I do in the exercise log, it only does it for the cardio in the exercise log. what am i doing wrong? or is it something other people are having happen too? please someone help me out here.

Cause when it comes to all exercise I do, I have to ''create an exercise'' in cardio and add it all in the cardio on my log. I cannot get to use the strength section of the log cause it will not add up onto the daily amount i've done, its getting on my nerves so im reaching out to the myfitnesspals community for some help here.

I have got the mfps app on my phone downloaded and i'm using that for accessing the log and everything but im also using the website on my home computer. just so you know before you start replying or coming up with ways to help me out.

Replies

• Beccalouise09
    heybales wrote: »
    Add Exercise, search database for Weight Lifting (strength training) for the amount of time you did it.
    Calorie burn may seem low, but that is true.

The section where you log the lifts, sets, reps, and weights is merely a notebook for tracking. And frankly not a nice one.

But shouldn't the strength trainings calories burnt get added up with what you've done in cardio? Cause it doesn't do it for me 😔 and I still don't understand. I'm sorry.
  • sijomial
    sijomial Posts: 19,811 Member
    Add Exercise, search database for Weight Lifting (strength training) for the amount of time you did it.

The section where you log the lifts, sets, reps, and weights is merely a notebook for tracking. And frankly not a nice one.

But shouldn't the strength trainings calories burnt get added up with what you've done in cardio? Cause it doesn't do it for me 😔 and I still don't understand. I'm sorry.

The strength part of the diary isn't designed for estimating calories.
    It's working as designed, just a journal.

Only the cardio part of the exercise diary estimates calories.

Log the entire duration of your strength training in the CARDIOVASCULAR part of the exercise diary like this....

2lfjd7zeki80.png

• antonia_yes
    antonia_yes Posts: 70 Member
    That's not an error, just how MFP works.

My vague understanding is that calorie burn for strength training can be quite hard to estimate as it's not 'steady state' - it goes up when you lift then down between sets etc.

Irritating but you can either log it in cardio, or just think of it as a different benefit rather than a calorie burn :)
  • Beccalouise09
    That's not an error, just how MFP works.

My vague understanding is that calorie burn for strength training can be quite hard to estimate as it's not 'steady state' - it goes up when you lift then down between sets etc.

Irritating but you can either log it in cardio, or just think of it as a different benefit rather than a calorie burn :)

Ah thank you I'll keep adding the strength training to the cardio then.
  • Beccalouise09
    sijomial wrote: »

The strength part of the diary isn't designed for estimating calories.
    It's working as designed, just a journal.

Only the cardio part of the exercise diary estimates calories.

Log the entire duration of your strength training in the CARDIOVASCULAR part of the exercise diary like this....

2lfjd7zeki80.png

Alright thank you sir.
  • IllustriousBee
    IllustriousBee Posts: 70 Member
    I was confused by this at first too, but I just add the strength training in the cardio section for the time and then I put the actual strength exercises I did in the strength training section because I like to keep track of that.
  • Beccalouise09
    I was confused by this at first too, but I just add the strength training in the cardio section for the time and then I put the actual strength exercises I did in the strength training section because I like to keep track of that.

Thank you for your opinion on this.

Do you mind if I add you?