Cathe Fans Part 5

Replies

• ThelmaSW
    ThelmaSW Posts: 2,493 Member
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Cathe's MMA Kickbox,
    STS Meso 1, Disc 10, Shoulders Only and stretching.

Laurie, sounds like you're almost done with your niece's quilt! I bet it looks beautiful! Please take a picture before you give it to her!
    I hope your DH has a great staycation! When does he get to go back to work at the office? DH and his department have been asked to work from home permanently because they are IT and some do IT customer support. DH has been WFH since we were in MA so this doesn't make a difference to him. I think he paved the way for everyone else. One of his co-workers will be moving to FL.

How great that you were able to help your sister buy a new to her sewing machine!

Great workouts too!

The RAW upper body workout I wanted to do is called RAW Upper Body Blast. I did it before because I entered it in MFP.
    Our social calendar is busy this week. We are meeting three couples on different days!

Laurel, there you are! I was wondering if you'd pulled a Thelma and forgot to hit the Post Reply button! LOL

I'm glad you had a nice weekend and got to play golf. You have zucchini already! Wow!
    Fantastic workouts!

That is a new photo. I took a selfie because I was having a good hair day and had a little makeup on! LOL
    Thanks for the compliment on my hair!
    The rain continued last night pretty steadily. We had drizzle during this afternoon.
    Thanks for letting me know about Sam Yo's post ride stretches and cool downs!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    lvnascar Posts: 3,403 Member
    Morning Ladies,

This morning my workout was RAW Upper Body Weights w/Sammy. This one is each exercise for one minute. Two exercises for each body group, done for two rounds. Really felt the muscles, so they where either tired or I worked them good. :D

Laurel, Dang on the post, I think each of us has done that with a post. Awesome job on all of your workouts, I was exhausted just reading them all. Nice that you where able to make some zucchini bread, Love it. Wow on the rounds of golf, there must not have been to many people either. The wedding is actually the 12th, so I was really cutting it close. I only have one corner of the binding left to do and I am done. So I will be done with it tonight. Now I just have to figure out how to make the presentation pretty. I was thinking of buying a crate from Michaels, rolling up the quilt and putting it in there. I also need to put the Shout color catcher sheets in there, and instructions on how to wash a quilt. I need to make sure all my bases are covered. I love the hot weather, but when it is so humid, not fun at all.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts! So far DH isn't scheduled to be at work full time until August if I remember correctly. They did have it for October, but that was changed recently. He is pretty happy working from home, and I can see him doing so periodically during his week. Nice that your DH will be able to work from home, and that he paved the way for others to do the same. Dang on the upper body workout, she must have taken if down. Hopefully she puts up some other ones.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    StiringWendel Posts: 3,756 Member
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 10/Biceps followed by Rockout Knockout and a 20 minute yoga practice with Kristin McGee focused on core. I felt that latter class was surprisingly tough but it could be because my core felt really worked during the kickboxing workout where I alternated between my 1.5# and 2# egg weights. Love these egg weights! :)

Thelma, great workouts. What did you think about that MMA Kickbox workout? Just curious. I am so glad I wasn’t hallucinating about the new photo. Your hair really does look stunningly beautiful. Goodness I wish mine was handling the gray and humidity half as well! But it isn’t. :| We already have zucchini, cucumbers, jalapeños and tomatoes from our garden! It seems a little early, but I am loving it right now.

Laurie, great workout. I love the sound of your idea for presenting the quilt to your niece. I love how much thought you give to these projects. We find when it gets ‘hot’, we can golf pretty much alone in the afternoons here. There may be other people on the course, but we often have nobody around us. Come September, though, when college football starts…..we will be completely alone on Saturday afternoons. Two years ago we were playing and the Marshall came out to find us and let us know we were the only ones on the course. It was 2:00pm on a Saturday! Crazy….but good for us since we don’t mind heat and aren’t tied to the TV set. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B. Low Impact Cardio, Vinyasa Flow which included a nice plank ab routine, Peloton Low Impact Ride, STS Meso 1, Disc 10, Biceps Only and stretching.

Laurie, great workout!

Your niece is going to love her quilt! I love the idea of the crate because she can store it there when not in use.
    This lady has these cute quilt care cards that you can download and print. she as some nice looking recipes too.
    https://threadbarecreations.blogspot.com/2019/09/how-to-gift-quilt.html

I'm glad your DH got used to working from home. DH's job is in MA so I was happy that they want to make the department be strictly from home. I always feared that one they they'll tell him they needed him to be at the office.

I haven't seen any new RAW workouts added to youtube. The upper body workout she took down was very good too.

Laurel, great workouts! Yoga ab workouts can be pretty hard!

The MMA Kickbox workout ok for a low energy day. The was a little high impact every so often which was different. I didn't feel that my abs got a workout like I normally feel with other kickboxing workouts. Maybe because it was a little on the slow side.

I haven't quite exposed my hair to humidity this year except for Sunday but it didn't go crazy like most hair would under humid conditions. I have been using a gel made out of flax seed that is very hydrating and it makes my hair shiny. You can make your own too. I've been using healthy shampoo/conditioners too. No parabens, silicones or any bad stuff for your hair. This is the best my hair has ever looked. Thanks so much on the compliments!

How exciting that you're already enjoying vegetables from your garden!

Guess what! The Sorghum Festival will be held this year in October again! It's in Blairsville, GA about 30 minutes from my house. I'm so excited. We loved the festival in 2019. They had the sorghum syrup equipment there and they were making it right there! it was HOT! They also have all kinds of vendors, music and a biscuit with sorghum syrup eating contest. I love country festivals.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning's workout was RAW Step 4, and I used my 1.5# egg weights.

The quilt is finished, and now I just need to get some photos taken. I brought home my crate from Michaels, and right away DH was sanding and painting it. He told me that I shouldn't paint it, and I said why not! :D He indicated that it probably wouldn't be dry enough to put the quilt into it. I bought some spray paint that was a Mink color, and matte finish. The crate looks awesome. Just go along with my craziness Brian!!! :D

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! Nice that you are using those egg weights to make your workouts even better. That is one of the things that those egg weights really help with, the movement really makes you tighten your core. I found the crate idea from one of the ladies that I follow on youtube. I liked the idea, because then I didn't have to bother with wrapping paper and trying to find a box that would fit. Would you be out in over 100 deg heat to golf, that would be way to hot for me. We have finally had a reduction in the heat. Yesterday was very nice outside. Just hope that the mosquitoes stay away for a bit longer.

Thelma, Nice job on the workouts! Thanks for the link, those cards will be very helpful. I had already created a tag for the quilt, so I have that covered. I also got a cheap chalk board that I'm planning to attach to the crate with their names on it, and the date. I figured that they could change the chalk board and use for something else. Apparently DH is taking another day of vacation, because he was bothered by his boss on Sunday and now today has to bug him to get some purchase orders approved. He is really getting into the retirement mode, since it is officially less than a year away. He will be retiring in June of next year.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 12/Legs followed by a fun 30 minute spin, a tough 10 minute core segment from Peloton and a fantastic 15 minute lower body stretch from Peloton. I must say….I am glad Meso 1 Leg workouts are done for this rotation. I have found them to be particularly tough this go around.

Thelma, great workouts. I agree with everything you said about MMA Kickboxing. I never quite understood the long breakdowns, slow pace and then sudden jumping jacks! But, as you say, it is good for a low energy day. I am going to look up that Sorghum Festival! That sounds like a perfect day or maybe weekend trip for us. :) I think I would come home fully loaded with Sorghum though. B)

Laurie, great workout. What I really like about the egg weights is they are easy to change out. So in Rockout Knockout, I put on the 1# weights when she puts on her weighted gloves (the second segment), felt they were too light so easily changed into the 1.5# ones. Then, for the kicking and boxing drills, I went up to 2#, which really kept my heart rate up. I have never had that kind of flexibility in my kickboxing workouts and I love it. Thank you so much for the recommendation. DH and I will golf when the heat indexes are over 100 degrees still. We make sure to take plenty of water but the benefit of being on a golf course is the ability to find shade if needed. We used to always walk when we golfed, but we learned in Florida that walking in that heat just isn’t good for us anymore. Besides, riding around in the cart creates a nice breeze. :) I am sure there will come a time when we say ‘it is just too hot’ though.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Wednesday were Zumba, STS Meso 1, Disc 12 Legs, followed by a nice stretch and massage session. These leg workouts are killers!

Laurie, great workout!!
    Congratulations on finishing the quilt! OMG, you are too funny about that crate! I love your idea about the board with their names and wedding date!
    I can't believe the wedding is on Saturday already! Are you taking the quilt and the crate to the reception?

Your DH is really going into retirement mode! Too funny!
    DH has a year to go according to his latest calculations. It will be June of 2022 like your husband. We don't know if the university will allow him to work part time as he would like.

Laurel, great workouts! I don't remember what the other leg workouts are like but the Meso one have been brutal!
    The slow pace of the MMA workout reminded me of the early Tae Bo workouts.

We went to Blairsville for breakfast with some friends at this place that uses everything organic and local. Their multigrain pancakes are delicious. On the way back we stopped at the store where they get their flours from. It's called Logan Turnpike Mill. It's a tiny store. I noticed that they had sorghum syrup but I don't see as part of their product listing.
    https://loganturnpikemill.com/

I hope you and your DH make the Blairsville sorghum festival. If you can't I'll be happy to ship you a box full of sorghum syrup jars!

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was RAW Strength 1, really enjoyed that one too. I did the cardio between the weight work, so that added an extra burn and of course extra sweat. :D

Laurel, Great job on your workouts! I'm glad that you where able to get through those leg workouts. I'm guessing that you are at the end of Meso 2? Another good reason to love those egg weights. I have done that also. I sometimes think that I can do the 2# right away, and then realize that the movements are just to fast for that. I'm glad that you are enjoying the investment in those weights. I so much enjoy not having sweaty hands from the weighted gloves. Love the fact that your cart is creating that nice breeze while you travel from hole to hole. ;)

Thelma, Nice job on your workouts too! You should have seen DH and I folding and rolling the quilt to get it to fit in the crate. Of course he is a perfectionist when it comes to things like that, so we attempted this a couple of times. My sister has set up a gift opening on Sunday, so I'm going to take the quilt there instead. That way they don't have to deal with that at the reception. Cool that your DH will be retiring the same time as my DH. Must be because of the fiscal cycle that universities have. Well DH is at a technical college, but they still start their new calendar in June. That is why he is on vacation right now, he is using it up before the year end. I think he is doing a carry over also. I hope that your DH will be able to work part time.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 11/Triceps followed by Step Boss IMAX 4 Doubled Blast premix and the extended chair stretch. I was supposed to do core work today but, yowza, my core is on fire after the Peloton core work I did yesterday. Quite an unexpected surprise! But I definitely was not doing more core today. :)

Thelma, great workouts. Thank you for the information on Blairsville. I mentioned it to DH last night, and he was good for checking it out. I suppose I should check to see if there is anything like that closer to home as well because I love small county festivals. Anyhow….I don’t know about you, but this last month has taken all of my energy and then some to get through. So….I am going to alter the next phase and put a Recovery Week after each One Body Part week (in other words, a recovery every third week instead of every fifth). If that is too much recovery for you, please press on without me. But I feel these last two weeks were a struggle and I would have been better off listening to my body two weeks ago and giving it a rest.

I am also contemplating changing the Meso 3 section…..but more significantly. I do think the One Body Part weeks are causing me to be more tired than the weeks where we do the full DVDs. But I LOVE doing Meso 2 as one body part, so that is why I am going to toss in more recovery. If you remember, my approach for Meso 3 was going to be to do the one body part workouts but leave the same amount of rest in between same body part exercises as is usually given (about 3 minutes) meaning the workouts would be the same length as the full workouts…..but with a ton more rest. Well….I am not going to do that. I don’t think I would enjoy it mentally and my body is already telling me that lifting 6 days a week….even for shorter durations….is more tiring than I thought. So I am thinking about still doing eights weeks of Meso 3, but repeating full workouts instead of going from full to one body part to full to one body part. So I would do discs 25 and 27 for two weeks, then do 28 and 30 for two weeks, etc. For the lower body workouts, I would do the Plyo Leg workout one of those two weeks and the Squat Rack the other and NOT do both leg workouts each week as I originally planned. I might add on a second lower body workout like we are doing now, but not STS (in other words….not as intense). If I do this, I am going to try to go four weeks then a Recovery Week and then the final four weeks. But…..that is only because I would like to be done with this rotation before Thanksgiving. But if my body really likes that extra recovery in Meso 2, I may find myself rethinking that.

Please let me know what you think. If you want to do these changes with me and want me to send you an updated schedule with updates dates, let me know. But I am just surprised at how tired I have been from these workouts and feel I will be more effective during my workouts with a little more recovery.

Laurie, great workout. Any pictures of the quilt yet? :D I bet it looks wonderful. I like that they are having a separate gift opening gathering because that will make their reception so much easier for everybody to navigate. Thelma and I are just ending Meso 1….and I can’t wait for it to be over. It has always been my least favorite of the Mesocycles because of all the push-ups and how rushed some of the workouts feel because of the equipment changes. But I do love what the workouts do for my body….so I do them. B) But I will be doing a little celebrating tomorrow when I finish the back work, that’s for sure.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Thursday were Gina B's 3000 Steps and STS Disc 11 Back Only. I was dragging today. The leg workout on Wednesday killed me. I did not do the chin ups. I used the elastic band instead. I hate chin ups and my tower is light in weight so it either moves or tilts toward me. I have to make sure that my feet are on the far bard the goes between the feet to stabilize it.

Laurie, great workout! Great idea to add the cardio between the weight work!
    OMG! I can just imagine you and your DH struggling to fold that quilt in order to fit in the crate! It must've been like folding a fitted sheet! I can never fold those things nicely no matter how many 'how to' videos I watch! LOL
    I love your sister's idea to have a gift opening on Sunday. Are the bride and groom going away on honeymoon?
    DH's retirement in June is because their fiscal year starts July 1st. I didn't realize your DH worked at a college too! I hope DH will be able to work part time. I just think he'd go out of his mind without work. There's only so much you can do around the house. He does play pickleball 2-3 times a week. I'm sure he'll be able to spend more time with our guy friends.

Laurel, I honestly don't know how you can do those hard cardio workouts this week. I've kept it light and low impact.
    I am so glad you want to change the rotation. I'm all for more rest. I hadn't thought about the single body part week being part of the problem but I think you're right. I love the single body part weeks but not so much when paired with an STS rotation. The leg workout killed me yesterday. I almost didn't workout today but I forced myself to do it. I'm glad I did it.

I LOVE what you're thinking of doing with the rest of the rotation Laurel. We definitely need more rest. I find that when we do full workouts that day in between full workouts is needed in order to recover.
    I would appreciate an updated schedule if you're doing that. We might find out that we need a recovery week every other week!

We finally got some rain tonight!

Have a wonderful weekend ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

This morning was 30MTF Slim Sculpting. Have not done that one in a while, and it was nice to pick up a kettlebell again. Only a half day of work today, so a great day even though it is going to rain. :)

Laurel, Nice workouts! Can't blame you for not wanting to do more core work if you where already sore from the previous day. I thought that you both where in the next Meso cycle. Guess that I have not been looking at the numbers of your workouts. I always forget how many workouts that are in that set. I will probably be posting the pictures after the wedding, because my niece is actually on mfp. I don't think that she will be looking on the site, but I don't want to take any chances. :D The gift opening the next day after the wedding is something that is normal for WI apparently. I found that out when my oldest got married. Her dh's side of the family didn't understand why they where invited over.

Thelma, Great job getting through your workouts. I don't like chin ups either, so don't blame you for finding an alternative. That was a very good description of us folding the quilt. He had his idea, and I had mine. I wanted it on the bias, and then he finally understood. We eventually get to the end result, but sometimes our though process are on different wavelengths. They are going on a honeymoon, but not until the fall. I think that because of them having to cancel the wedding last year, they had to change their honeymoon options also. I'm just glad that they finally able to get married. If DH's retirement is like this week, he will be busy. He has been to his moms, our dd's and his brothers. All where for house related items, or for his mom billing issues. I know that he does want to do something part time. My youngest told him to get a pt job at the garden center just down the road.

Have a great weekend,
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was STS Disc 11/Back and STS Med Ball Abs. For cardio, I did a 45 minute Peloton spin. I was very happy to be putting Meso 1 back on the shelf today…..happy to be done but also happy to have been able to do it still. :)

Thelma, great job pushing through because I truly understand the ‘dragging’ feeling. I am so happy you don’t mind the changes. I will get you a new Meso 2 schedule next week, but I am going to hold off doing the Meso 3 schedule until we are at least half way through Meso 2. It could be that we decide to do just four weeks of Meso 3…..and be done with it! So we will see how we are feeling as we get closer there. But, truth be told, I think in some ways Meso 2 is going to feel easier. B) Even though we are lifting heavier and such, I think the slower pace will help, and I also think the one body part weeks won’t be as tough. With those one body part weeks in Meso 1, we were shocking our muscles more because they weren’t used to the sequencing of the exercises. In Meso 2, we are repeating the same sequencing in those two weeks, and I think that our muscles will go ‘yep, got it….and it’s shorter!’ instead of ‘you want me to do push-ups again already?!?’ :D So, in short, I am looking forward to this next phase. I can’t believe all this rain didn’t hit you until yesterday! We have had buckets every day this week. We finally have sunshine now, though, which is very welcome.

Laurie, great workout. I hope you have a great weekend and enjoy the wedding. I remember when my oldest sister got married way back when in 1977, the tradition was to open gifts the day after. It seems Wisconsin likes to hold on to those traditions (like supper clubs) which is wonderful for Wisconsin. I understand thinking Thelma and I must be further along in STS than Meso 1 because it must seem like forever since we started. Trust me, in many ways, it feels like forever since we started too! :D:p

Enjoy the weekend!

Laurel
  • marialouis399
    marialouis399 Posts: 4 Member
    Hi. I am Maria and I am taking about the most common topic is very interesting and very Common is therapy of depression
    Depression is classified as a mood disorder. It may be described as feelings of sadness, loss, or anger that interfere with a person’s everyday activities
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, I hope you had a nice weekend. We had a great and busy weekend. On Friday we had dinner with some friends. Saturday we went south of here to Publix and to run other errands there. I still can't get over their BOGO sales! While we were at Publix a friend texted DH inviting us to their house in the afternoon. Sunday was just busy doing a little house cleaning, cooking and my workouts. We finally got some much needed rain on Friday night which came with a crazy thunderstorm. There's no rain in our forecast all week though.

My workouts on Friday were: Peloton Pop Ride and STS Meso 1, Disc 11 Triceps Only.
    On Sunday I did Zumba and Turbo Barre the Barre only part. That workout is such a
    killer!

Laurie, I hope the wedding was beautiful and a lot of fun! I can't wait to hear what your niece thought of the quilt!
    Great workout on Friday!

Good idea to fold the quilt on the bias. I bet that looked nice. I'm glad the newly weds will go on their honeymoon in the fall. Your DH sure was busy. If retirement is like that he won't get bored at all!

Laurel, fantastic workouts on Friday! I was very happy when I finished the last Meso 1 exercise on Friday too!
    Good idea to hold off on the Meso 3 routine modification until we see how we're doing on the modified Meso 2. I think two consecutive weeks of the full Meso 2 workouts would be easier on our bodies because we'll have a recovery day in between. OMG with those pushups!

It's rare when we don't have the same type of weather but last week was one of those weeks. You definitely got more rain than we did.

Have a great week ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    Morning Ladies,

Weekend was great! The wedding was beautiful, and so wonderful to talk to extended family that I have not seen in years. Two of my Aunts (Mom's sisters), where there and my Uncle (Dad's brother) was able to make it. Of course on of my Aunts is a quilter, and she gave me 6 books and the next time I go up north, I will be picking up her quilting frame. Talk about excited for that, those things are expensive. I did get pics of the quilt, but just need to do a little editing.

No workouts for me, but DH and I did get out for a walk to get some better coffee than the hotel had to offer. ;) This morning is my last week of the rotation, and I'm probably going to try something different for the last two weeks of the month. Lindsey Bomgren, formerly of GHUTV, has her own youtube channel that offers free content. She has a 10 day workout rotation that actually started today, but it will work perfectly for me. The workouts are 35 minutes long, so I think that is a good option. I always enjoyed her workouts when she was on GHUTV, so I'm sure that these will be good also.

Laurel, Great job on your last Meso 1 workout! I'm sure that you will be very happy to move on to other workouts in your rotation. Oh yes Wisconsin likes its traditions, and in a way it was nice just to sit and relax while they where opening their presents. It was interesting that two different couples gave them the exact same items, in the same bag. The only thing different was the card.

Thelma, Nice job on the workouts! Your weekend sound like a good one. Glad to hear that your area got some rain, we do need some here for sure. My niece and now nephew in law loved the quilt. They where impressed that I was able to get material from the quilt that my mom made her for graduation, into the quilt back. She loved all the information that I gave on the quilt, and how to wash it. They where actually impressed with the folding that I did on the quilt. Now it is theirs, so they can fold it anyway that they want. My other niece is getting married next year, and she was looking at materials that she wants in her quilt. :D I'm glad I have a year, she can pick the fabrics, but I get to pick the pattern.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! I hope you enjoyed the weekend. Ours was super busy because we decided to completely re-do our garden areas. We have never like the bulk of the plants the builder chose to plant but were hoping, with time, we could understand why they were planted. Well, time only made matters worse and parts of our garden looked more like a vacant field than a garden! So we tore out bushes, moved others, bought new ones and now, hopefully, will enjoy a more pleasant garden. But, boy, it was exhausting and we were not helped by a huge unpredicted thunderstorm on Saturday and temps in the 90s with humidity to match yesterday. But….it is done, and I am very happy for that.

For workouts, on Saturday I did a Jessica Smith HiiT Walk from her Walk Strong series and 45 minutes of Power Yoga with Kristin McGee. Yesterday was a 45 minute spin followed by Cathe’s Fit Tower Legs, Glutes and Core. Today was Flex Train followed by Cathe Live Cardio Party Play Date.

Thelma, great workouts. Based on what you wrote about thinking Meso 2 would be better if we did the full workouts instead of one body part, I am going to hold off on typing up the Meso 2 rotation with the additional recovery weeks right now. Do you want to do full workouts instead? Or do you want to try the one body part and see how it goes? Honestly, I could be easily persuaded to do the full workouts every week but if we do, I am less inclined to think we will need so much rest. So, either I would add in an optional total body workout each week (while also removing the optional lower body workout) and recover every two weeks OR suggest we try a recovery week every four weeks. Please let me know which of all these options—full workouts followed by one body part workouts OR full workouts with additional optional total body workout and recovery every two weeks OR full workouts with no extra total body and recovery every four weeks—sounds good to you. A word about the second option (full workouts and optional total body) is it would mean doing two days of back-to-back STS workouts each week. So it would look something like:
    Sunday-Chest, Shoulders and Triceps
    Monday-Legs
    Tuesday-cardio/yoga
    Wednesday-Back and Biceps
    Thursday-cardio/yoga
    Friday-optional total body
    Saturday-rest/yoga

If we opted for this, I would also alter the Recovery Week a bit and eliminate the Total Body workout and (most likely) replace it with a lighter metabolic type workout. Again, let me know what you think.

Laurie, I am so glad to hear the wedding went well! I bet it was wonderful to see the family together in one place again. I am so happy they appreciated the quilt…and that your other niece already has her sights set on one as well! That is so very special. And yay for the new quilting frame! I love the sound of trying something new at the end of your rotation. I hope you enjoy it.

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    edited June 2021
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Monday were Peloton Low Impact Ride, KCM "RAW" Upper Weights & Legs workout and stretching.
    I woke up feeling the Barre workout on my legs and glutes and today after the Peloton ride and KCM's workout I was feeling my glutes and inner thighs a heck of a lot more! I loved Kelly's full body workout. She alternates legs/cardio with two sets of each upper body part.
    I decided that this is truly going to be a recovery week to allow my body to rest. Today's workout didn't feel too easy though. The Peloton ride even though it was low impact, it was hard but I loved it.

It was a hot one today but at least it wasn't humid.

Laurie, I'm so glad the wedding was beautiful and that you got to see family members you hadn't seen in a while.
    Congrats on the quilting books and frame!
    Great job for getting to the last week of your rotation! Great workout too! Thanks for letting us know about Lindsey Bomgren. Her workouts look good and I'll definitely try them when I need a shorter workout.

I'm so happy to hear that your niece and NIL loved their new quilt! You and your DH may have to teach them how to fold that quilt on the bias! LOL
    Did you get the quilting material used for her graduation from your mom?
    OMG, you have to make another quilt for your other niece! When will you have time to finish your DD's?

Laurel, congratulations on finishing your garden! My goodness, that was a monumental task and to make matters harder, it was hot and humid!

Great workouts!
    Laurel, I'm sorry, I think I got Meso 2 & 3 mixed up last night! I do love the idea of doing a Full Meso week, Meso Single body part week, followed by a recovery week. On the single body part week I might do the Leg workout on Sunday to get it out of the way. I think that is the workout that kills me on single body part week.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma
  • lvnascar
    edited June 2021
    Morning Ladies,

Guess I really didn't say what my workout was yesterday. I did RAW Heavy Bag 4, another good one. So this morning I nixed the Kelly rotation, and decided to go right into the Lindsey one. My workout was the Legs & Back. I decided to move on, the only workout that I really wanted to do in the last week of the Kelly rotation was the one that I did yesterday. I really enjoyed the workout, and I think that I will be feeling it tomorrow. She did two rounds of legs and back exercises, and this was done for 4 circuits. The exercises where done 40 seconds on, 20 seconds rest. I really like that they are all 35 minutes, just perfect for my morning routine. One of the problems I was having with the Kelly rotation was the workout length. It was getting into an hour long session, and that is just to long for me.

Laurel, Awesome job on those workouts! Wow on your landscaping, that really does sound tough. I so remember when I was determined to get our tree line looking better. It sounds a lot like what you went through this weekend. It never seems to be the best weather to do those type of things though. Hope that we are able to do some work outside this weekend, it has been crazy busy for us lately. Looks like a great rotation that you both have ahead of you. If the rest of Lindsey's workouts are like the one this morning, I'm thinking that I will enjoy the 10 days. I do plan to stay with the boxing though. It looks like the yoga day is only a 20 min workout, so I can probably start with the short boxing workout of Kelly's. At least I'm getting in the yoga work.

Thelma, Great job on your workouts, it does sound like it was tough. The humidity around here has gone down too, so it feels so much better. We actually woke up to temps in the 50's. I was very tempted to fold the quilt up for them, but it is their quilt now. DH and I would have at least made them laugh. Yes my Mom has leftover material from all the quilts that she has made. So I may be doing this again with the next one also. I will put that on the back, and I think that I need to pull out my embroidery machine to make something fancier for the tag that I included on the quilt. I used my Cricut and permanent marker. Yep another quilt needs to be made, but so far that one will have to wait. I'm going to be working on dd's quilt now since she is planning on moving in August.

Have a great day!
    Laurie
  • StiringWendel
    Hi Ladies! Today’s workout was a 60 minute spin followed by a 10 minute cool down spin and 20 minutes of ‘floor poses’ focused yoga. I love the latter after a tough ride because it really focuses on the hips. I also went for a nice, long walk since our humidity is down and you can actually go outside without breaking out into flop sweat! B) It is just beautiful today.

Thelma, great workouts. No problem on the mix up! We will definitely stick with our plan….one week full, one body part week and one recovery week. I am looking forward to it! Instead of re-typing the entire rotation, though, would you mind if I just wrote down the dates and the titles of each week (like Week 1 Meso 2 Full Workouts and maybe disc numbers) and not do the daily rundown of workouts since nothing will have changed in the week’s workouts themselves? Or would it be better to re-do the entire thing? Let me know. I hope your humidity is more reasonable today too! It makes the world of difference, that’s for sure.

Laurie, great workouts. I love the sound of the workout you did this morning. I don’t blame you for a minute at not wanting 60 minute workouts that early in the morning. It sounds like these 35 minute workouts will be a good filler for the rest of the month. I feel so much better for all the work we did on the yard this weekend. It was really beginning to drive me crazy and today when walking up to the house after my walk, all I could think was how much better it looks! That’s a good feeling. Hopefully the heavy yard work is out of the way now until cooler weather returns and we can focus more on other things…like golf. :D

See you tomorrow.

Laurel
  • ThelmaSW
    Hi Ladies, my workouts on Tuesday were Gina B's 3000 Steps Latin Style and Perfect Flow: Yoga Strength & Flexibility.

Today turned out to be a beautiful day. It was sunny and dry and in the afternoon the wind with a cool breeze kicked in. It felt sooo good!

Laurie, great workouts! I did notice that Lindsey's workouts were about 30 minutes long and I like that. I am glad you like the first workout you did. I hope you love the rest of the rotation.

I can't believe you went back to temps in the 50's!
    I'm sure you and your DH would've made everyone at the gift opening laugh while you two worked on folding that quilt! LOL

I can't believe your DD is going to be moving out! You definitely need to finish her quilt soon!

Laura, great workouts! Tuesday was a beautiful day for sure.
    I don't think you need to do anything to the rotation for Meso 2. I went ahead and inserted a recovery week after every Meso 2 One Body Part section.

Good night ladies!
    Thelma