Migrating over from Spark!

mj235
mj235 Posts: 3 Member
Hi there,

I was using SparkPeople religiously for about 2 months. Truth be told I do not own a scale at home (and try to stay away from them because I get wrapped up in the number and get down on myself!) and went to the Dr's office today where they weighed me....I had not lost anything at all. Pretty disappointing. On the up side, this did empower me to take control and purchase both a food scale and a scale for my home. I've lost weight before, and right now I am still in a "healthy" weight zone for me but at the very tail end of it. I am planning on weighing in every Monday morning. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now because I'm going to be going from about 1,550 calories a day to 1,300 and see if that gets things moving. I had my metabolism checked a few years ago and it is a bit slow for being young and active. I have a tendency to binge when I feel like I'm being restricted, so I'm worried that that will happen. I just need to be stronger than food. I could also use a great support system, too. Glad to be here.

Replies

• Josephina57
    Josephina57 Posts: 170 Member
    welcome.
  • yamahamamajt
    yamahamamajt Posts: 13 Member
    Hi MJ, I was also using Spark. I really like MFP much better. I feel much the same when I feel limited. I weigh in every morning so that I can see where I am at for the day. I also keep track of every thing I eat.

Hang in there, we're with you on this
  • mj235
    mj235 Posts: 3 Member
    welcome.

Thank you!
    Hi MJ, I was also using Spark. I really like MFP much better. I feel much the same when I feel limited. I weigh in every morning so that I can see where I am at for the day. I also keep track of every thing I eat.

Hang in there, we're with you on this

I am trying to plan ahead and enter in my meals for this week. So far I agree with you, this site is far more user friendly. Thanks for the support!
  • SandyCheeks2
    SandyCheeks2 Posts: 38 Member
    Hey! First off welcome to MFP! I was also on spark people awhile back when I read about it in a magazine.. I don't know if it would have worked or not because I wasn't changing anything back then but I love it on here!!! I joined MFP after the friend I was working out with got busy so i decided if I wanted this I needed to do it on my own and this site is amazing for tracking your exercise and calories and of course all of the support before joining I had lost 15 pounds and since then 17!

Planning your meals is a great idea and stocking up on healthy food and throwing out bad food also helps.
    Just making little changes like not drinking soda or going out as often helps... I didn't think I would ever give up coke 0 but I have
    I try to make little goals each week and its great!!!

Well anyways feel free to add me and Good Luck on your Journey!
  • primeofmylife2021
    primeofmylife2021 Posts: 79 Member
    Also migrating from Spark - Primeofmylife. I am an ousted 🇨🇦, after losing 65 lbs last year.
  • birbkitten1234
    birbkitten1234 Posts: 4 Member
    I came from sparkpeople since they're shutting down too. I lost a lot with them in the past but hoping I can make this work. Can anyone who wants to Add me as a friend? I'll add you too!
  • MargeMillb
    MargeMillb Posts: 13 Member
    Also here from Spark
  • liviastella
    liviastella Posts: 3 Member
    Hi - recently heard SPARK was shutting down and restarting as something a bit different. Trying to find a new spot to "belong" ... Things are looking very different here - wondering if I'll even find my way back tomorrow to check in with everyone.
  • memeq2
    memeq2 Posts: 61 Member
    Also from Spark. I don't know how to add a friend yet. I just started here. So far I think it will work for me. I just need to learn this site better.
  • JustJ2014
    JustJ2014 Posts: 5,235 Member
    Are there any Spark groups yet?
  • hayds342
    hayds342 Posts: 1,023 Member
    mj235 wrote: »
    Hi there,

I was using SparkPeople religiously for about 2 months. Truth be told I do not own a scale at home (and try to stay away from them because I get wrapped up in the number and get down on myself!) and went to the Dr's office today where they weighed me....I had not lost anything at all. Pretty disappointing. On the up side, this did empower me to take control and purchase both a food scale and a scale for my home. I've lost weight before, and right now I am still in a "healthy" weight zone for me but at the very tail end of it. I am planning on weighing in every Monday morning. I'm feeling a little overwhelmed right now because I'm going to be going from about 1,550 calories a day to 1,300 and see if that gets things moving. I had my metabolism checked a few years ago and it is a bit slow for being young and active. I have a tendency to binge when I feel like I'm being restricted, so I'm worried that that will happen. I just need to be stronger than food. I could also use a great support system, too. Glad to be here.

• hayds342
    hayds342 Posts: 1,023 Member
    Great idea getting the food scales. I was looking at JC meals and the cals are low. My meals look healthier but I need to measure everything. Measured cereal this morning and put back about 1/3rd of usual serve. It all mounts up. We've got this!
  • UrdotWrex
    UrdotWrex Posts: 2 Member
    Also migrating from SparkPeople. Member for 11 years. I lost a lot of weight with it and always returned when I needed to track again. Absolutely gutted at the news. Trying MFP and trying not to be resentful that I have to reload all my recipes and learn a new platform.
  • JustJ2014
    I’ve created a group called Spark People Friends. Feel free to join.
  • GFNOMAD
    GFNOMAD Posts: 104 Member
    I joined SparkPeople 10 or 11 years ago. I loved the connections I had with people across North America. We shared everyday moments and issues. I think MFP may be a good alternative. It will take time to get setup again.
  • waterbugette
    waterbugette Posts: 8 Member
    Hello!
    I am new to MFP. I joined SparkPeople in January 2010 and sorry to see the changes they are making. Like many others I am starting over. Hope the transformation goes smoothly! This is day two.

213164936.png
  • JustJ2014
    I’m enjoying this app more and more everyday