• charmmeth
    charmmeth Posts: 936 Member
    Fantastic progress!
  • NoEyeDeer74
    NoEyeDeer74 Posts: 3 Member
    Fantastic work
  • mmadhani
    mmadhani Posts: 15 Member
    amazing. about how many times did you work out per week? just curious? and what was your workout routine?
  • AKTipsyCat
    AKTipsyCat Posts: 240 Member
    Great work!
  • deanjanie
    deanjanie Posts: 2 Member
    Congratulations! And, Well done!
  • Fancygirl76
    Fancygirl76 Posts: 14 Member
    Nice job!
  • djyoes
    djyoes Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2021
    mmadhani wrote: »
    amazing. about how many times did you work out per week? just curious? and what was your workout routine?

I walk pretty much everyday and work out 2 or 3 times per week, spaced apart to rest\heal. I work mostly on the upper body (for now) using the multi gym. I do the classic 3 sets of 10 with the exception of abs, that I try and do a lot of. I have some free weights at home I do in between. Im trying to get a good routine going to the gym. To get myself to the gym, I have a weird way of tricking myself, I tell myself I go for the steam room and since im already there I just work out first. It sounds silly but it works for me, and I do love the steam room.
  • grantmemore
    grantmemore Posts: 3 Member
    edited June 2021
    What was the daily calorie cap(s) you tried to stay at throughout your journey?
  • tzmama3
    tzmama3 Posts: 2 Member
    djyoes wrote: »
    Thank you all for your kind words and positive encouragement!

What helped me was I didn't look at it like losing x amount of weight, I was just focusing on one small task, like walking around the block. This is what I did, I walked around the block and was pretty winded, my feet, knees, back all hurt, but I rested and healed, and did it again, and again, and again... eventually it got easier and I started doing other things like getting a fitness watch, then logging my food just to see how I was doing. I was horrified to see the amount of calories I was eating that I thought I was OK with and started doing slightly better, and better. I don't really have any hard no's on what I cant eat as long as I can fit it within my calorie\sodium\sugar\carb count for the day. Make the smallest change and just focus on that only, the rest will come later, trust me! Persistence pays off in the end and once you notice your clothes fitting better and or people noticing a change, it will reinvigorate you to do better and work out more, get that fitness watch, start logging food, etc..

I 100% needed to read this today, thank you so much for sharing your journey and your success. I hope to be where you are next year. Congratulations!
  • djyoes
    djyoes Posts: 8 Member
    edited June 2021
    What was the daily calorie cap(s) you tried to stay at throughout your journey?

I try and stay around 1500 calories, if I work out it adds calories so I can have more. I try and eat bigger meals during lunch, so for instance if a friend wants to go out to grab something to eat, I try and make it a lunch rather than a dinner and also walk it off later and have a lighter dinner.

That said, i'll probably be bumping my calories to 1600-1700 or more and lifting more weights but ill still be walking a lot(around 3-10 miles a day).
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!