Women 200lb+, Let's Get The Job Done This June!!!

Replies

• LisaGetsMoving
    LisaGetsMoving Posts: 664 Member
    Wednesday weigh in day. I did not do particularly well this past week, so I was not expecting much of a loss. Still, a loss is a loss and I'll accept the 1/2 pound loss gladly. I am recommitting today to a better week and a bigger loss for the next check in. Started it our great with 85 minutes of walking this morning.
    June 2 - 207.2
    June 9 - 206.7 (- .5)
    June 16 -
    June 23 -
    June 30 -

Wishing you all a great week while you work on becoming your best self. WE'VE GOT THIS !
  • JNettie73
    JNettie73 Posts: 1,208 Member
    @goal06082021 Thanks for the advice. I tried local shelters and rescue groups but no one has room for her because it is kitten season. I had an appointment to have her spayed with a TNR group last week but cancelled it. I believe she is pregnant. The spay would have been a spay/abort. 2 out of my 3 cats have been stays I found outside as kittens. Harvest Moon was approximately 8 weeks when I found her and Elsa was about 4 weeks. Elsa was so little and sick. I spent time with her round the clock and nursed her back to health. The thought of aborting these kittens didn't sit right with me or my husband so I cancelled the appointment. He agreed to Anna living with us through birth and until the kittens could be weaned then adopted out. We will have her spayed and release her if I am not able to bond and domesticate her before then. My neighbor feeds the ferals in the area so the plan would be to introduce her to the colony and help my neighbor with the feeding of the cats.
  • azalea4175
    azalea4175 Posts: 290 Member
    LynneM1980 wrote: »
    Name: Lynne
    Height: 6'
    SW: 304.8 (6/1/21)
    CW: 298.4ish? I think my scale may be crazy!!
    GW: 180?

Hi Everyone! I'm Lynne. New here, but not to trying to lose this dang weight. My goals are to honestly log what I eat every day instead of skipping a thing here or there to make myself feel better, and to get out and walk at least once a day. I hate the heat so I've been going around 830ish at night here when it isn't that bad out ;) I've been considering trying weight loss surgery. I got pretty far last time with seeing the docs, doing the program and losing weight but chickened out when I got my surgery date. I would rather do it on my own, but struggle so much.

I think for June I would like to just be down a definite 10 pounds, so I can say I am back under 300 for sure!!

I am about 3/4 through the process prior to WLS and am having the same misgivings you did, thinking of not going through with it. I have spent a long time getting my brain in the right place, so I believe I will go through with it. it's very scary!!
  • FadedNovelty
    FadedNovelty Posts: 20 Member
    @FadedNovelty hey, happy birthday! today is also my birthday :)

When you say you "do good" during the day and then "totally bomb" at night, do you mean you eat as little as possible during the day so that come nighttime you're hungry AF and then way overshoot your calories because you ain't hardly et anything all day?

@goal06082021 Not really, I do tend to not eat a lot for breakfast, but that's mostly because I don't like to eat much in the mornings and I have to drink a lot of liquid in the morning (due to a medicine I take). But I do make sure I eat something for breakfast. I also eat plenty for lunch. I think this week has been challenging because I increased my exercise and started doing a morning workout. My body isn't used to it yet so I have been hungrier than usual!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    @FadedNovelty hey, happy birthday! today is also my birthday :)

When you say you "do good" during the day and then "totally bomb" at night, do you mean you eat as little as possible during the day so that come nighttime you're hungry AF and then way overshoot your calories because you ain't hardly et anything all day?

@goal06082021 Not really, I do tend to not eat a lot for breakfast, but that's mostly because I don't like to eat much in the mornings and I have to drink a lot of liquid in the morning (due to a medicine I take). But I do make sure I eat something for breakfast. I also eat plenty for lunch. I think this week has been challenging because I increased my exercise and started doing a morning workout. My body isn't used to it yet so I have been hungrier than usual!

Ah, okay, well I'm glad you're not doing that thing I said - I know from experience that it doesn't work and it's just a miserable way to go about your business in general. But yeah, increasing your activity will take some getting used to! I, probably foolishly, went from no exercise to daily morning workouts when I started most recently back in November - no gradual easing into moving more, I didn't start with short walks like I advise other people to do here LMAO. Nope, just, Monday morning, blow the cobwebs off my gym clothes and load up a workout video on my phone. I had to sit on the couch for ten minutes when I was done and was a little shaky in the shower right after, so I started eating a (weighed!) spoonful of peanut butter before cuing up the videos every morning and that helped a lot. Within about 3 months I was able to work out fasted first thing and eat afterward - I don't believe that's the correct order of operations for everybody, I know everyone is different in terms of when their body is most receptive to both food and exercise, but it's what works for me at this point in time.
  • sandielewis2001
    sandielewis2001 Posts: 318 Member
    Height 5'10"
    SW Jan 2021: 271.1
    SW this month: 226.6
    GW this month: 219
    GW for 2021: 199

6/3: 225.8
    6/10: 225.6
    6/17:
    6/24:

I was hoping for more of a drop this week but I will take a loss. I have been keeping up with my morning walks and staying under my calorie goal every day. Hopefully I will see the lbs drop soon so I can hit my June goal.

Keep up the great work everyone!
  • VickyEltonGreen
    VickyEltonGreen Posts: 116 Member
    Happy Anniversary Uyister thought about you yesterday. One year is such an amazing accomplishment! You are an inspiration 💪🏼👍❤️
  • jazzadesigns
    jazzadesigns Posts: 477 Member
    @uyister Congrats on 1 year! You are an inspiration to us all! 👏🏻👏🏻
  • AlexandraFindsHerself1971
    AlexandraFindsHerself1971 Posts: 3,106 Member
    @girlinkaz: OMG, my thighs are doing the same thing! It's good to know it's not just my body being weird.
  • KeriA
    KeriA Posts: 3,268 Member
    I think of my weight loss as coming down from the Pacific Crest and having to go down and up and down through the foothills to get to the Salish Sea (Puget Sound). Eventually the foothills and valleys become gentle slopes and as long as they are heading in the right direction you will get there. Enjoy the journey.
    @KeriA are you from the area? I live in N. Snohomish county and I LOVE your analogy!

Thanks, Yes I live in the NW corner of Seattle. I used to work in N. Snohomish County.