Need to lose 50-55 lbs

What are some good fat burning exercises? I need to lose 50-55 lbs.

Replies

• spiriteagle99
    spiriteagle99 Posts: 3,673 Member
    Weight loss happens in the kitchen, not the gym. Focus on what you are eating. Pick a sustainable level of weight loss (i.e. 1 lb. a week) and follow MFP's recommendation for your calorie goal.

Some exercise burns more calories than others - i.e. running, swimming, biking - but they can also make you more hungry so aren't enough to let you lose 50 lbs. easily unless you also cut back on what you are eating.
  • pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    I’ve been tracking my intake and doing HIIT 3X a week. I also have 50 lbs to lose and I’m currently about 10 lbs down :) I’m not a
    trainer, just an average person but add me if you want since we seem to have similar goals!
  • AndreaTamira
    AndreaTamira Posts: 272 Member
    The one you are able to stick with. - If you know you'll hate a certain exercise go for one you like or can at least tolerate instead even if it burns less calories.

Another thing to consider are your joints and how weight can affect you doing certain exercises. To start out it may be better to look at low impact exercises even if they aren't the ones burning more calories.

---

Also, it is ok to focuss on diet changes over exercise if exercising seems daunting. You do not need to exercise to lose weight.
  • kimberlymacg
    kimberlymacg Posts: 5 Member
    edited June 2021
    If you need low impact cardio, you could look into rowing and cycling. I go to an indoor row/ski/bike class 3-4 times a week. Like everyone else said, it's dietary changes first, movement second for weight loss. Just eliminating processed foods and sugar will help a lot to begin with. And the exercise you actually enjoy is the one you'll stick with.