Double chin and fat arms

Is there any way other than mewing (which people say doesn’t even work?) to get a sharper jawline? I physically cannot get the back of my tongue on the roof of my mouth so it’s really frustrating that it’s the only thing people suggest. I also would like some tips on how to slim down my arms. I’ve heard a lot that you can’t spot reduce fat but I’m already underweight on BMI so I would really like to just target arms instead of losing more weight (I’m 19y so according to the CDC children’s calculator I can lose a little more and still be healthy if that really is the only way). My body shape is really weird, pear shaped torso, with narrow shoulders and skinny legs but big arms (and I have a skin problem that makes them look red sometimes which just makes it look worse). Thanks in advance!!

Replies

• tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,129 Member
    As you mentioned you can't spot reduce fat and if you're already underweight then you defintely don't want to be in a calorie deficit.

Recomp could be an option: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/discussion/10177803/recomposition-maintaining-weight-while-losing-fat

Essentially that's eating at or just above maintenance whilst doing a progressive weight training plan and ensuring adequate protein intake.
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    Mewing doesn't actually do anything, so don't worry if you can't do it.

But yeah I'll cosign everything springlering says, she knows what she's talking about.
  • springlering62
    springlering62 Posts: 7,403 Member
    Thank you so much, I’ll take a look at those threads! I’m also female (poor choice of username from when I used this just to track and not talk) sorry for the confusion 😬 but if it was normal for girls to have beards you bet I’d be rocking one lmao

That was the fastest name and profile pic change i’ve ever seen! You rock!

See, already positivity!!!!!!!