WOMEN AGES 50+ FOR JUNE 2021

Replies

• barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,904 Member
    :)MIchele, Tell us about PJ---what can he do, what fun things did you do together, what toys does he like. Did you take pictures, and will you share them with us.

• Anniesquats100
    Anniesquats100 Posts: 3,028 Member
    Arrgghh! I thought I was doing so well but I'm up three tenths of a pound with weigh in tomorrow. My crazy body has always fluctuated a lot. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but that's the whole goal of the competition - to make me worry about it. It just makes me feel like I have no control of the process.

Annie in Delaware who is otherwise doing fine 😊
  • bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    Arrgghh! I thought I was doing so well but I'm up three tenths of a pound with weigh in tomorrow. My crazy body has always fluctuated a lot. Normally I wouldn't worry about it, but that's the whole goal of the competition - to make me worry about it. It just makes me feel like I have no control of the process.

Annie in Delaware who is otherwise doing fine 😊

Annie 3/10 of pound can be fluctuation (water, salt...)

there are likely to be slight ups and downs, even week to week in the long haul.

• bananasandoranges
    bananasandoranges Posts: 2,410 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good morning!
    My passive aggressive side came out yesterday at work......Steve asked me if the chainsaw sitting up front could go to the back yet. Honest question as I will often sit them there if busy or needing to finish writing up the repair. I said , I dont know, you will have to ask your sister. She took it in. I dont know if he ever asked her, but the saw is still sitting there. She left at noon, so I guess she was bored. She goes in before 7, you would think she could finish something during the day.....Anyway, I was being productive with work paperwork, until she left. SMH-50% is how she does things and she really doesn't know the business beyond the books-sad.

On the positive side, yesterday was successful with caring for ME. I was 4k steps shy of goal in the evening. I could have walked outside, but that requires shoes. I put on music and danced those steps away. Steve came in and just shook his head at me. Good thing he wasnt inside when Jason Derulo was singing-lol. Mainly country, but do like a little Jason sometimes😎 So 10k steps, water, and CICO. 🙌
    Michelle- I understand your frustrations about Denise and Pete. We are glad you have a safe place to vent. IMHO- think of the fun you had with PJ and that precious time. Remember the trip as a great bonding time with grandson. Hard to do, but much better on our own mental health.
    Julie You are wonderful no matter what your screen name is that day! Glad to hear you smiling!
    Debbie There will be days where calories are just low and others where they are high. I think it keeps the body guessing. Raspberries look wonderful! I love berries.
    I better get my day going. Slept in a little(just a little)
    Make the best choices you can today!
    Yesterday is done.
    Tomorrow not promised.
    LOVE yourselves as you are all LOVED.

🦋
    Kylia in foggy Ohio

good job on the steps! Thanks for the encouraging words!

• okiewoman510
    okiewoman510 Posts: 1,286 Member
    exermom wrote: »

Warning: pity party to follow. Skip if you’d like

We left Wed. to go to Denise’s. On the way there she told us “just a heads up, I don’t have anything prepared for dinner” so I just told her “that’s OK, we’ll figure something out”. Vince and I went to Subway, I had a turkey sub and just water to drink.

We told Denise that she didn’t need to take PJ to daycare on Thurs or Fri, that we’d watch him, which is what happened. I made a dinner of Shake & Bake chicken with noodles she had and some corn she had. Then on Fri I made ravioli she had (I also bought more just to be sure I had enough), garlic bread she had, bought lettuce, tomatoes, cukes for a salad. She only has 4 chairs for her table and PJ got on one of the chairs so I stood up. Pete told me to sit down, but I just told him “that’s OK, I’m used to eating standing up”. Then he told me to sit next to my daughter. She got up and walked away. Later that night he told Denise to sit in the living room and talk to us. She went upstairs

We told them to go out to a nice dinner on Sat. and we’d watch PJ. It was in the 90’s and they were going to go to Maria’s to go swimming at the pool in her development. Pete did ask us to go but we declined since we didn’t even have our bathing suits with us. So he, Denise and PJ went there. We had no idea what time they were going to be home or what. We did go to a ceramic place and I got a large crocodile (like I need more bisque), Vince got these cats. Well, they did come home then went to dinner and to Maria’s while we watched PJ. I got him ready for bed.

Sunday comes, we had no idea what their plans for dinner were. Denise made a pizza and she and Pete took it upstairs to eat. It took us a while to realize that we were on our own for dinner. So Vince went to Subway. In the meantime Pete was hanging some towels on his car to dry and he went out to get them. How he didn’t see Vince’s car gone, I really don’t understand. For some reason he locked the door. Why? That I don’t know. He knew he was going to work later that day and the door would have to be opened. Well, Vince couldn’t get in the house so he called Denise. Pete asked me to let Vince in. Then their dog peed on the kitchen floor. Pete said it was because the dog drank so much water while PJ was in the pool. When I called to Denise I got a “what” as if I was bothering her. I had to ask her to come to the top of the stairs since I didn’t want to shout. I asked her if she had any more paper towels since Rex (the dog) peed all over the floor. He’s about 85 pounds so you know it wasn’t a small tinkle. Guess who cleaned up most of it? I did find some napkins Denise had so I used those.

Guess who fed PJ most of the time? Well, every breakfast, most lunches and dinners.

Then Sun night we realized that we didn’t even get the chance to kiss PJ goodnight. You have no idea how much that hurt. I’m good enough to cook (without a “thank you”), good enough to feed and clothe PJ, but I’m not good enough to kiss him good night?????

Vince told her how hurt we were, he was ready to leave Sun after the dinner episode but we didn’t. He talked to Pete and Pete appears to be upset with Denise’s lack of communication, too. He also told Denise. Her response? "I'm sorry, I'm not the hostess with the mostess". To me, that doesn't excuse her behavior

Monday she left for work. I said “thank you for everything (really, nothing)”, didn’t get a response. At least Pete said “come up any time, you can stay here”.

Denise is super-stressed. I understand that, working full time and taking care of PJ, which is why I wanted to try to take some of the stress off her by watching PJ. She didn’t seem as stressed Sat. (I wonder if it’s because she didn’t have to take care of PJ constantly) but then seemed stressed Sunday (I wonder if it’s because Pete leaves for work for 12 days)

I was really crying on the way home and really pigged out. Back on track today.

You know, all the time we were there, not once did Denise or Pete take Rex for a walk. Admitted, I won’t because he really pulls. But we were there to watch PJ. In one sense, I hope Rex continues to pee on the floor. Maybe if he does, they will get rid of the dog (he deserves so much more) and that stress will be taken off Denise. Oh, guess who took him out most of the time? Guess who fed the cat?

So I’m glad to be back in NC. Worked yesterday and honestly, I was told that I was cleaning the front end because no one else wanted to do it. When I asked what else I could do, the gal didn’t know so I actually had to suggest something. I know they’re looking for work in the produce dept. so I’ll explain the situation to the produce manager and see if I can help him some. I really have no desire to leave. To be honest, I like the fact that my hours are short and I could live with more money and what I’m getting is helping with my landscaping and other things.

Oh, at PJ's birthday party (which we didn't know about and weren't invited to) the people at where Denise works got together and bought him this car he can ride in. There is a remote so she can steer and a bluetooth radio, LED headlights. We told her before we went up that we had something he might like going for a walk with. Denise said "I hope it's not a bubble mower because he has one". Well, it was, but this one had those three words every parent loves to hear about toys "no batteries required". The one she got, yes it plays music, but it also takes 3AAA batteries. We did also give him a book where I read the pages and recorded my voice.

We'll probably go back up in Sept. and I'm thinking we'll get him a slide. I've found ones that fold up and can be used indoors/outdoors. Admitted, their place isn't exactly spacious but they can fold this up and put it against a wall or they can keep it in the garage. Any suggestions? What are some features to look for especially? Any brands that are especially good?

Katla – so glad your daughter is there!

Michele NC

Why don't you focus on what you did and the fun you had with PJ instead of focusing only on how you were mistreated.

You had told us that Denise was reluctant to have you come up. Perhaps she was still a bit upset that you had come anyway or that she felt forced into letting you come up. It seems that her actions are the same as they were when you went up last time after PJ was born. Maybe you can try to reframe your expectations so you aren't so hurt when she doesn't act how you want her to. I can't remember if it is Barbie or Lisa that has suggested that in the past to us on various topics, but it sounds like it might help you now when dealing with Denise.

I hope your next visit goes better.

Hugs!
    Okie in the TX Hill Country
  • dgarlick1
    dgarlick1 Posts: 29 Member
    Was woken in the middle of the night by my cat scratching in the corner of the baseboard heat cover looking for, God only knows. Maybe a bug or a mouse (at this time of year??) When I woke up he was still there in the hallway patiently waiting. Got to be the solar eclipse !! :smile: xfcl1hjsqk0z.jpg
  • LisaInArkansas
    LisaInArkansas Posts: 2,355 Member
    ...Luckily, I am now old enough to not feel guilty about following my own inclinations. :p
    Love to all, Heather UK xxxxxxxx

Yes, I love being this age when someone says, "We want you to come to the wedding," and it's 500 miles away, as well as being held in southwest Texas in July, where the weather will be 100 degrees with 90% humidity. Now, I can simply say, "No." Took me a long time to be able to say no, and to be able to stop pleasing others. I'm doing what I want to do, and there is still room in my life for other things that make me happy, but I no longer make myself miserable for anyone voluntarily.

Speaking of which, our kids know where we live if they want to see us, too, and that may seem harsh or uncaring--but I'm OK with pulling the age card. And, for the time being, the illness card. As a result, we get to see them more now than ever. They know we don't expect them to come to see us, but we're really glad when they do.

On that note, Michele, I'm sorry that the visit was not what you expected it to be... but yes, I've said before, you can't change them, but you can change your expectations of them. Most of your pain with Denise and Pete comes from you expecting them to be different. That kind of disappointment and disapproval can sour any relationship.

Four dozen cookies baked this morning for the Saturday market. Bread and cinnamon rolls to bake tomorrow - don't like to make those too far ahead. This will be a one-shot deal on the cookies. I'll be able to recover my materials cost and then some, but only a bit of my labor. Once it drops below minimum wage, it's not worth it.
  • Katla49
    Katla49 Posts: 10,385 Member
    (((Michele))) -- I am sorry that your visit with Denice & PJ was not a happy one for you. :cry:

Our daughter arrived yesterday. The kids and their dad arrived in the RV later in the day. It was a good time and great to see the grandkids. My daughter and I have a wedding to attend today. Our kitchen sink is a mess and DH hopes that our daughter can help me find a quality replacement. I’m unsure about whether we can get the shopping trip and the wedding done on the same day. DH is hoping the shopping trip will occur earlier in the afternoon so that we have time to be ready for the wedding. I have doubts. I’m hoping for a family pow-wow this morning.

Katla in NW Oregon
  • pipcd34
    pipcd34 Posts: 16,506 Member
    auntiebk wrote: »
    "Get to do"s and "chose well"s
    Chose well: BP, dogs to power line, meeting prep, board meeting
    Bonus: chopped some salal from the area where the new water tank will go, 14 mins bathing Tumble.
    Get to do: take BP, dogs to powerline, USE those torture bands/do that BB&B video, call S, fire district: minutes, NIMS to Chief, loan pre-approval extract to DH, contact list, drop off cookies, ongoing: input 2019 call sheets into NFIRS, work with chief on equipment letter, substance abuse policy, NFIRS mutual aid and other missing details, ask for boots donator contact info, appreciation letter or certificate to boots donator, index mutual aid files; watch STAS Day 20, declutter sideboard, learn new dances (Nothing but You, Do Your Thing, A Little Less Broken, Blame it on my beating heart, Homesick; practice dances: One Margarita, I’m so used to being broke, All Night, Pure Movies to Wine, Beer, Whiskey, I ain’t never gonna love nobody but Cornell Crawford (Alley cat),); finish mulching flowerbed, invest another 10 minutes in prepping living trust, Freddie’s for complete series TDAP <$48, get Shingrix vaccine, find and configure a screen time popup, figure out where to plant the last of the naked lady bulbs, and soon as it warms up above 50 and dries out below 60% humidity I’ll tape and spray paint those rusted areas of Aunt Elsie’s stove. ask Terry about GB’s FD firetruck tax levy – contacts, media, advocate???, Reward: inventory seeds, plan this spring’s garden, wishlist replenishments (Milena F1 orange peppers).
    Joyful June:
    9-Ask a friend what made them happy recently… and LISTEN to her answer!!! Do this tomorrow while walking with D.
    10-Bring joy to others by doing something kind for them:

Barbie I love your thought processes. Different priorities indeed.
    Pip there were a few words that Mama or I would challenge on your Scrabble table… ( Budha a proper noun/the Hindu equivalent to the god Mercury? oa and jp abbreviations? emjust? cuduel?) but I was surprised to learn “doan” is an adjective meaning brunette-Thanks!, :love: adventures with Yogi.
    Michele welcome back, you were missed! Congrats on the refi. We’re in the process but it sure makes me shake my head at how new mortgage department can’t access current mortgage info from within the very same bank. Sad to hear about the visit, you must have felt so unwelcome. :cry: Glad you at least got to spend time with PJ. When I’m feeling under appreciated by my DH, I’ll say “Thank you Barbara, for [x]’ He gets the hint. ;) but I’m afraid whatever Denise’s issues are, they are too deep for that to work.
    Heather will your geraniums overwinter?
    Beth you ARE virtuous!
    Sue in WA wish I could send you our holly trees. No matter how far down we cut ‘em they just keep springing back up.
    LisaK in VA good for you for advocating for your mother. How did she get the mold, parasites and heavy metals? Is she at home or in a care facility?
    Lisa in AR your words about food and exercise, spot on and a timely reminder. Thank you!
    Debbie “… more raspberries… “ Perfect!
    Ginger Attagal!

Had to stop chopping brush after only half an hour, my lower back just ached so much. It’s been aching for awhile, usually after I’ve been sitting or lying too long, and usually eases soon as I get up and move around. I’m just really really hoping its not a side effect of the pravastatin I’m taking. When I was on atorvastatin the muscle and joint aches got so bad it was hard to get up out of a chair. Fingers X’d today’s ache was just predicting Friday’s rain…

Lighter, lovelies!

f8qt1s098sxm.gifBarbara, the Southern Oregon Coastie AHMOD
    June: leaner/stronger/kinder than May.
    daily: sit with Joe: 9, weigh/wii: 9/0/0; steps>6362=3808, vits=7, log=9, CI<CO=9, CI<250<CO=6, Tumble=7, Shadow=10 mfp=9, outside=11, up hill=9, clean 10=2.
    wkly: Sun: Mon: Tue: LD=2 Wed: TC=2 PW=1 Thurs: PW=1 Fri: TC=1 Sat: PW=1, rX x4=1.
    wt=1/31:141.3 2/28:142.4 3/31:145.3 4/30:141.5 5/31:142.4 6/6:141.8 6/12: 6/20: 6/27: 6/30:
    mnthly: board mtg=1, grant=, 21 plan=, waist=42.0
    bonus: AF=5 play= sew=
    2021: choose to be leaner/stronger/kinder NOW

We r not the best at that game, lololol. We let each other slide. We don’t even keep score
  • pipcd34
    Hi folks. Just trying to keep ahead of the posts 😂 I'm having a very low key day today, just doing my own thing. No pressing duties. 😂

Kylia: - Dancing is my default choice for exercise 😂 and ALWAYS lifts my spirits.
    Barbara: - I also find I have to pace myself with garden tasks these days, even ones I like.
    Ginger: - Magic! One day at a time!!! Works for me.
    Pip: - 😍 Scrabble. One or two words on your board would have been disallowed by my purest daughters, but maybe spellings are different in USA.
    Debbie: - If you overeat slightly one day, then undereat the next day, they kind of even each other out.
    LisaKinVA: - I endorse what the other Lisa says. Finding a way of eating which suits you, and doing exercise that brings you some pleasure is what helps us sustain and maintain a better healthier life going forward. Bravo on advocating for you mama.
    Michele: - Seems like Denise was less than welcoming, in fact downright rude at times! but at least you got lots of PJ time. Maybe you could tell us what you did together.
    Sue in WA: - Are the starlight petunias dark blue with white splashes? I think that's what I bought for some of my planters. They're so pretty.

This morning we had a partial eclipse of the sun, and despite having an overcast sky I did manage to catch a glimpse of it using DH's welding mask. The clouds have mostly drifted away now so planning on filling a couple more planters in the garden.
    Likololol
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    kymarai wrote: »
    Good morning!

Debbie There will be days where calories are just low and others where they are high. I think it keeps the body guessing. Raspberries look wonderful! I love berries.
    I better get my day going. Slept in a little(just a little)
    Make the best choices you can today!
    Yesterday is done.
    Tomorrow not promised.
    LOVE yourselves as you are all LOVED.

🦋
    Kylia in foggy Ohio

Thanks- the berries were really good- having the rest of that bowl full with my tea now-.
    I know my calories will not be exactly 1200 each day but I need to figure out how to stay closer to it- not 700 one day and 1300 another day. My biggest thing is keeping it up over 1000- I did the 1000 for a year and a half (and didn't loose anything) but got used to that. Then, dad passed away, I got the virus......... stopped tracking, stopped walking, just basically stopped everything. Just now trying to get back on track.
    Today is my day off- I told husband I wanted to do something besides shopping(he LOVES to go shopping, that is the only thing we do together). I suggested going to the park to walk, he wanted to go to the coast for a nice seafood lunch but he is too tired from working all night- I totally get that. SO, we are heading out as soon as I am done with my tea- to go shopping :(
    his other idea was going to the shelter to look at dogs. I am in no hurry to get another dog. Six inside cats is enough right now.
    Time to do my Rogain treatment(after loosing half my hair to the doctor thinks is stress)- sure hope this stuff works.

Have a great day

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA
  • Whidislander
    Whidislander Posts: 3,439 Member
    I walked on the treadmill today for 48 minutes. Its a gray and misty day on the island. When I got done walking I took my blood pressure. 116/79. I have never been under 120, so that was weird. I just read on my tablet during my walk, maybe that activity is too relaxing it made my blood pressure go down! Lol! I walked 80% at 3.0 so I did exercise my heart some. The gym is a ghost town, I was the only person in the whole treadmill, and cycle machines area, until husband came by. My left arm has really been giving me grief, more the back of the arm and shoulder. I just think a muscle was tweeked when I was out cold during my colonoscopy. I have been putting Bengay on at night though.

Next Monday donating blood at 11:30 am. Its been before COVID, since I donated last. I hope I get the same batch of people I'm familiar with. Its always a bit of a retrain, because I have to tell them where and how to stick me. "I know where the vein is, under this scar tissue, you just have to be confident that its there". Some in the past want to be a hero and find some other vein, which then craps out and I get to tell them, "see I told you, its on this other arm, under the scare from giving platelets where I told you". I remember once, this phlebotomist stuck me, then went on his break. Another phlebotomist smiled and said, "that's called a stick and run"! So of course when I saw him return I informed him, " you can't do a stick and run and not get called out"! He turned red and laughed! When I donate I am opinionated, and bossy! Hey, I can't help it, I don't WANT to be there, but yet I am.😁🙃

💖Rebecca
    Whidbey
    Washington
    b7q42fhcjb7n.jpg

• cityjaneLondon
    cityjaneLondon Posts: 12,190 Member
    DH's younger daughter rang this evening to say she was popping down on the train for a quick visit tomorrow. He will meet her at Brighton station. I can't decide whether I want to accompany them or not. :*
    I will decide in the morning. Haven't seen her for ages, of course. Nor has he.
    If I do go with them I fear I will want to decide where we eat, which is not really the point. Just nice for them to hang out.
    Anyway, it's lovely that she is coming all the way to see him. :D

Love Heather UK xxxxxx
  • pipcd34
    Hjjjjhh
  • skuehn48
    skuehn48 Posts: 2,811 Member
    B)
  • dlfk202000
    dlfk202000 Posts: 2,932 Member
    well, went shopping for hours- two good things that happened- got lots more steps than I have been getting. Second- while we were shopping, too busy to eat- didn't stop to eat until we were done shopping. By the time we stopped at the Pho place, got our food and got home to eat, it was 4PM (only had a cup of tea and two handfuls of raspberries before we left). I am going to make teriyaki chicken, stir fry veggies, rice and potstickers(only a small amount of rice for me- don't eat much rice BUT with the teriyaki sauce I will.) Not sure how to track my meal- no calorie count on the menu and I only ate half of it with added extra raw sprouts/basil/cilentro.
    Husband wanted to go to Chevy's- wasn't feeling it so glad he was good with Pho.
    Dinner will be ready if we want to eat a little later, plus want it ready for son, plus we can have it tomorrow.

Debbie
    Napa Valley,CA