Long way to go.

Options
Hello. I have over 150 lbs to lose. I realize it will be a long journey but I am focusing on small achievable goals that will add up, in the end. I am also addressing some of the effects of trauma, which I know have kept me from health and fitness, for a long time. I have already read some very inspiring posts here and I look forward to using the tools available to help myself move to a better place, both mentally and physically. Staying positive, having hope and being determined will help me get where I want to be... slow but sure! I do wonder if there are others here who have a similar amount of weight to lose and especially....has anyone been there and is successfully on their way? Love to hear from you!

Replies

• smurray0303
    smurray0303 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi there! I too have a high goal for myself, 110 or greater, and I am also healing from past traumas. I'm injured at the moment but I'm hoping when I have my first PT on Monday that we can gameplan some modified exercises until I'm fully back on my feet. I've found recently that journaling is a very healing method for me. I keep the positive pages to keep a positive mindset and to remind myself that I am enough. I tear up or burn the negative pages since I need to let them go, they aren't who I am or want to be anymore. Best of luck to you on your journey.šŸ’œšŸ’ššŸ’›
  • tinkerbellang83
    tinkerbellang83 Posts: 9,130 Member
    Options
    This is a great active group for those with over 70lbs to lose and has people at all stages of their weight loss/maintenance: https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/133315-larger-losers
  • Halfpint0112
    Halfpint0112 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Hello! I too have a large amount to lose like 170ish. I've always been bigger and struggled with weight. But I've put on 100lbs in the last 3 years! For various reasons. It's a long story. Just know you're not alone and you got this! You already did one of the hardest steps, getting started. šŸ’™
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,584 Member
    Options
    It sounds like you have a great approach, focusing on small, achievable goals is a great way to start. You will gain some momentum and confidence as you go!

I have a lot to lose, around 140 lbs left to lose, but I've already lost over 25 lbs so far so I know I can do it! I started with a similar approach to you, I spent a couple of weeks just tracking everything I ate to get in the habit of it and see some patterns and areas where I could easily make improvements. Then I started making some small changes and started adding in some exercise (just walking, nothing intense) and it wasn't too hard. It's taken me some time to get to where I am so far, because of the slower approach, but it also feels sustainable to me. I don't make changes that I can't see myself doing for the rest of my life (e.g. I don't cut out entire foods because I know that's just setting myself up to 'fail', instead I just have them less often and in smaller amounts).

You can do this! I do recommend joining some groups here in the forums, there is a great one called "Fat 2 Fit" which I have found to be really supportive and fun:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/114605-fat-2-fit-weight-loss-challenge-and-support-group
    There's also a good one for building your new habits, which might be just perfect for your approach:
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/52-building-healthy-habits
  • Kabootom
    Kabootom Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I want to increase my weight to 165 lbs. Currently at 145 lbs added some high fibre intake into my diet with some good fruits such as banana and guava. Hope this will help
  • Marilynsretired
    Marilynsretired Posts: 5,366 Member
    Options
    Hi everyone - I have started a new group called 100+ pounds to lose
    https://community.myfitnesspal.com/en/group/140760-100-pounds-to-lose
    Would love to have all that are in this situation to join me - looking to make an active group that really
    support each other in this journey
  • Goodgollygee
    Goodgollygee Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    Thank you so much for all of the replies and information. I am really moved. I was not expecting such encouragement and inspiring words. I really, really do not feel alone here now. Thank you all.
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    I will check on this thread, once in awhile, in case new people find it and post. No one should feel alone. <3
  • Goodgollygee
    Options
    212808506.png