June 2021 Monthly Running Challenge

Replies

• skippygirlsmom
    skippygirlsmom Posts: 4,433 Member
    @rheddmobile I’m sorry to see that life hasn’t slowed down for you. I know it’s easy to tell you but just one day at a time, that is all you can do. Hugs.
  • ContraryMaryMary
    ContraryMaryMary Posts: 1,626 Member
    Avidkeo wrote: »
    Anyway this morning I had a complete brain fade. I went out for a easy run and for once actually made it easy! Heart rate barely shifted above 130. Woo hoo!

It's dark out at 7am now, so I put my noxgear on. And forgot to turn it on. Didn't even notice until I got home!

This morning on Facebook was an advert for a running event in November. It's 4 different distances over 2 days! Starts with a Half Marathon in the morning. Then a cross country in the avo, with a 10k around a zoo (small country zoo) the following morning finished with a magic mile at night. This is one month after my last Half marathon of the year. @ContraryMaryMary want a weekend in New Plymouth?? 21/22 November

Ooh, that would be so much fun, but alas, that is the big dance show for my girls so I'll be busy with hair/makeup/chauffeuring duties. I did the Three Pigs a couple of years ago which was similar - 16km in the morning, 5km trail in the afternoon and a 22km half on the Sunday - it will really teach you how to pace yourself! But seriously, because of all the other runs, the pressure to go fast is completely removed, it's all about having fun and getting it done.

My input on tempo runs - not a lot to add as everyone has made some really good points - I do mine by feel (I do know where my pace and heart rate should be but different days mean different conditions and different energy levels). Tempo runs should be hard but not that hard - you won't be able to chat, but you can still talk (while huffing and puffing), think a bit slower than half marathon pace. For an idea on times, as @tramboman said, you can go online to find a training pace calculator where you enter a recent race result (or an achievable goal race result) and it will calculate your different paces for easy/tempo/speed form running. My go-to is http://www.bane.info
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    Congrats @Scott6255
  • pabmac
    pabmac Posts: 53 Member
    So nice to see everyone’s progress! I’m at 14.5/50k for this month, on track to finish on time. I missed one run in order to go camping/hiking/paddleboarding but I’m okay with that, and made room in my running schedule for it. Feeling good so far!
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    6-1 7k tempo
    6-2 rest
    6-3 7k tempo
    6-4 6k tempo
    6-5 7k tempo
    6-6 6k tempo
    6-7 rest
    6-8 7k tempo
    6-9 6k tempo
    6-10 rest
    6-11 6k temperate (between tempo and moderate)

June Total: 52k
    June Goal: 150k

Mostly sunny, low 70s F, with a fickle breeze that sure helped when it was in my face. Intended to do 7k, but...

When you pop in here claiming your December 2021 mileage, what accomplishments will you have made?

PUT THE FUN BACK IN THE RUN!
    Return to a good running weight of 175 lbs (second attempt)

2021 Races:

6/26 Direction Up 5k, Solon, OH
    7/17 Run of the Ox 5k, Mantua, OH
    9/18 5k Run and Roll, Aurora, OH
  • WhatMeRunning
    WhatMeRunning Posts: 3,538 Member
    6/1 - 3.36 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/2 - 3.23 miles, tempo run (25 mins Z4 w/7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/3 - 3.32 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/4 - 3.35 miles, sprint intervals (12 x 45 secs w/1:45 recovery and 7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/6 - 6.76 miles, long run (90 mins Z2, 5 mins Z3)
    6/7 - 3.36 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/8 - 3.33 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/9 - 3.63 miles, tempo run (30 mins Z4 w/7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)
    6/10 - 3.40 miles, easy effort (45 mins Z2)
    6/11 - 2.43 miles, sprint intervals (12 x 30 secs with 1 min recovery and 7.5 min warm-up/cool-down)

Total: 36.17 miles
    Goal: 105 miles
  • Tramboman
    Tramboman Posts: 2,482 Member
    yirara wrote: »
    You're all doing great and are such a big inspiration for me!

Last run of the week in my timed 10k running plan, week 4, slow 5k run.

Of course it wasn't slow. It was a tempo run, at 7:13, which is the fastest 5k for me since 2016 when I was at my fittest. Next week will be a time trial, and based on that the running programme will be tailored to my (in)abilities. I'm curious!

Well done.
    Sometimes we have to modify the plan based on how we feel.