Baby Weight Buddies!

Hello MFP mamas!
Are there other moms out there trying to lose the baby weight who would like to be friends? I am 9 weeks postpartum from a c-section and looking for some mom friends on MFP. Please add me if you are a mama trying to lose some baby weight :)

Replies

• Lhenderson923
    Lhenderson923 Posts: 102 Member
    Hey! I have a five month old boy! I came back to MFP to loose the baby weight (and I lost all 55lbs of it recently!) and now I’m trying to loose just a little more. I lost 66lbs in the 2018 too so I know that using this site works! Please feel free to add me, I love having mom friends.
  • melissataylor1986
    melissataylor1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Hi! I am 7 months post partum with my 3rd but am still carrying about 40 extra pounds. Please send me a request, I need some mom bod buddies!
  • melissataylor1986
    melissataylor1986 Posts: 38 Member
    Hey! I have a five month old boy! I came back to MFP to loose the baby weight (and I lost all 55lbs of it recently!) and now I’m trying to loose just a little more. I lost 66lbs in the 2018 too so I know that using this site works! Please feel free to add me, I love having mom friends.

I have been on MFP since 2011 after my first. I lost about 80 lbs back then. I had another baby in 2012 and was much more careful and didn't gain nearly as much, so I lost it all and then some then. I have been on and off of it since then, and maintained my weight until my pregnancy in 2020. I am working on getting that off now and would love some new friends. Feel free to add me.
  • antonia_yes
    antonia_yes Posts: 70 Member
    My youngest is nearly 2 but with bf/clingy babies/pandemic, I am just losing my baby weight X 2 now :)
  • brisingr86
    brisingr86 Posts: 1,789 Member
    My little guy just turned 1, and lost pregnancy weight really quickly, but then gained 10lbs back and started about 30lbs over healthy weight. I'm finally weaning and ready to work on getting to healthy weight (without stressing if I calorie restrict and have milk supply drop). Would love some mom accountability buddies.
  • Reader818
    Reader818 Posts: 24 Member
    Hi! I just sent you each invites. I had my first in early 2020 and lost some of the weight last year. I’ve still got quite a bit to go. :( Anyone who joins the thread later is welcome to add me, too!
  • mitz_bitz
    mitz_bitz Posts: 24 Member
    Hey! First time mom here! I gained 40 lbs while pregnant and lost about 10 right after birth. I’d like to get back to my pre-pregnancy weight and then some. I’d love to have some friends on here going through the same journey - I definitely could use the motivation and accountability! Adding y’all above. Anyone that joins later, feel free to add me!
  • carelynn114
    carelynn114 Posts: 290 Member
    Hello! I have a 5 year old. Lost a lot of the baby weight about 3 years ago utilizing MyFitnessPal but... gained a lot back. Most of these posts on other threads are from a while back. Hoping this one will stay active!! Who’s with me? :)
  • brisingr86
    Hi ladies! Do people prefer forum thread or a (private) group?
    How's everyone doing today? What are people's goals? What are people doing today/this week to achieve those goals?

My goal is to lose 50lbs in the next year. Today I'm going to log and I'm going to spend at least 1 hour pedaling Cubii while I work. Stretch goal, I'm going to complete at least one ab workout (from fitness app).
  • mistyrbell9588
    mistyrbell9588 Posts: 20 Member
    I'm a mother of three, three years and under. I've been pregnant for the last three years almost. now my youngest is mine months old and my stomach is hideous. I'm bigger than I've ever been in all body parts, but my stomach doesn't even feel like a part of my body any more. my c section left me with a "pooch" that just hangs there and won't go away. will it? does anyone have experience with this?

trying to be more active and eat better.
  • hollyhollylu
    hollyhollylu Posts: 3 Member
    I had my fourth baby boy 2.5 months ago and kind of expected the weight to fall of pretty quick like it did the first three times but instead I started off by putting on weight. I think I was just worried about maintaining milk supply with bf. I'm using MPF to make sure I have a close idea of how many calories I'm taking in so I can make more educated decisions and not just "eat more because I'm not sure". My weakness is swiss rolls. Just mentioning them makes me want to go add them to my Walmart pick-up order. Been clean (of Swiss rolls) for 2 weeks. 😜
    Currently doing some rope skipping and a lot of pelvic floor/diastasis recti/TVA/core strengthening circuits from my fave IG postpartum fitness ladies. I have around 15-18 lbs. to lose. Feel free to friend me!
  • hollyhollylu
    hollyhollylu Posts: 3 Member
    brisingr86 wrote: »
    How's everyone doing today? What are people's goals? What are people doing today/this week to achieve those goals?

My goal is to lose 50lbs in the next year. Today I'm going to log and I'm going to spend at least 1 hour pedaling Cubii while I work. Stretch goal, I'm going to complete at least one ab workout (from fitness app).

Today I did two ten minute rounds of rope skipping and a diastasis recti safe cardio circuit. I'm making fish tacos for dinner. I'm not quite a week in and just trying to distract myself in the afternoons so I don't bust my calorie limit on the afternoon munch I'm used to. My primary goal for the week is to get more exercise in on the daily. (I'm liking the rope skipping for now but it's definitely not kind on a week pelvic floor so I have to pay attention to that and invest some time strengthening that.) Mom goals include finally folding the laundry that is piling up in the spare room 🤦‍♀️
  • brisingr86
    @hollyhollylu way to go on your workout!
    I definitely need to do more core work too. I did an 8 minute beginner abs workout from an app on Wednesday; still feeling it!

Does everyone know how to mark this as favorite/bookmark to find this thread easily for check-ins? Looks like a lot of new folks...Just in case, click the star to the right of the thread title. You'll then get notifications when new posts are made (will show when you click the bell icon in upper right hand corner) or you can find it clicking the star in upper right hand corner (bookmarks). @carelynn114 @mitz_bitz @mistyrbell9588
  • AshesSquared
    AshesSquared Posts: 119 Member
    Yes! I'm Ashley, 12 weeks postpartum. I was trying to find an active mom's group, but gave up and joined a general one!

I'm EBF after a very rough start of NICU and triple feeding, but seem to have stabilized now. This is my first child and definitely did not watch my food closely so I gained 44lbs.

Height: 5'5"
    Before birth: 182 lbs
    GW by end of year: 140lbs, I'm on a roll so I think I can definitely hit this!!
    GW in general: 130 lbs

Check-ins:
    April 28, 2021 (1 month pp): 169 lbs
    May 7, 2021 (6wks pp): 163 lbs
    May 25 check-in(~2months pp): 160 lbs
    June 4 check-in: 157 lbs
    June 15 check-in: 157.2 lbs 🥳 family gathering bloating (:
  • mitz_bitz
    brisingr86 wrote: »

Hey! Thanks for showing us how to bookmark (I had no idea!)

I don’t have a preference for forum or private group. Whatever the group prefers is fine with me :)

I posted about my general goal to lose 30 lbs of remaining pregnancy weight, but I also have other goals:
    -Build lean muscle
    -Feel good in a bathing suit
    -Get back into a yoga routine

I don’t have a lot of free time with a newborn, but so far I’ve managed to get a walk or short cycling session in each day. I still feel a lot of soreness from my c-section, so I’m not going to lift any weights or run yet but hoping to get to those in a few weeks!

Does picking up/putting down, carrying my 10 lb baby count as a workout?! 😂
  • mistyrbell9588
    mistyrbell9588 Posts: 20 Member
    does anyone have any input about the dreaded c section pooch?
  • mitz_bitz
    does anyone have any input about the dreaded c section pooch?

I don’t, but curious to know as well!
  • nooshi713
    nooshi713 Posts: 4,877 Member
    Hi moms,

I am pregnant with my first and due in a month. I was just wondering how much weight tends to come off right away after giving birth on average? I have gained 20 lbs so far in this pregnancy. I did start out 25 lbs overweight though.

Thanks!
  • Iwannabeapunkrockmom
    Iwannabeapunkrockmom Posts: 61 Member
    Mother to five here. I recently lost the baby weight from my youngest (he's two now)... But I'm hoping to continue logging to reach my pre baby weight before my first child was born, 17 years ago! After having five kids, I feel like I've been postpartum forever. I'm still breastfeeding, and it's so tough for me to lose while breastfeeding. But I've lost 44 pounds so far and hope to continue to lose approximately 30 more to reach my most absolute pre pregnancy weight.
  • mitz_bitz
    nooshi713 wrote: »
    Hi moms,

I am pregnant with my first and due in a month. I was just wondering how much weight tends to come off right away after giving birth on average? I have gained 20 lbs so far in this pregnancy. I did start out 25 lbs overweight though.

Thanks!

I’m no expert, but I had my first about 2 months ago. I gained 40 lbs during pregnancy. I lost 10 lbs immediately after birth and continued to lose another 10 the first two weeks. I think the additional 10 was water weight and weight loss due to breastfeeding. I ended up having a hard time breastfeeding and was told to eat more calories to boost my milk supply…so I gained that 10 lbs right back. I’m no longer breastfeeding and my unaided weight loss has stopped. Now I’m dieting/exercising to lose the rest.

I’ve heard women say they lost all the baby weight while breastfeeding, and others it’s the opposite (they gained). Ultimately it’s different for every woman