PCOS

Looking for friends who also have pcos. Let’s support each other!

Replies

• Foxotia
    Foxotia Posts: 21 Member
    edited June 2021
    We are already friends, it seems!

I was diagnosed with PCOS when I was 24 years old, though it's been an obvious challenge since puberty. My endocrinologist wonders if maybe I have CAH instead, but they're both quite similar when it comes to fat distribution, weight retention, hormonal imbalances, menstrual complications, and so forth. It is so difficult to lose weight and maintain it, but it is possible! 💛 You got this!!
  • melisa619
    melisa619 Posts: 5 Member
    Yes we are! It takes Lots of patience. But you right we can do this. So happy to have you as a friend
  • LynneM1980
    LynneM1980 Posts: 103 Member
    Howdy Hi. I've got PCOS, and take metformin for it. It certainly has made weight a struggle, as well as stupid body hair *sigh* We've got this!!
  • TwistedSassette
    TwistedSassette Posts: 8,540 Member
    Hiya, I also have PCOS. Diagnosed in 2010 when I was in my early/mid 20s. My symptoms were really quite mild for most of my life - just excess weight and a little more body hair than "normal" but nothing like I have seen others suffer with. In recent years I have undergone treatment for endometrial hyperplasia, then IVF to have my wonderful son.
    Feel free to add me :smile:
  • cowsanddogsarecute
    cowsanddogsarecute Posts: 156 Member
    I have pcos and I also take Metformin for it. Most symptoms don't bother me actually. I always liked having periods only every few months as a teen/20s! I don't want kids. But I do have facial hair that can be annoying. Feel free to add me 😊
  • lianatherunner
    lianatherunner Posts: 45 Member
    edited June 2021
    I have PCOS. I struggled with it quite badly in my teens and early 20s, but I'm doing better now at age 42. I was able to lose 120 lbs, very slowly, through diligent work. You can add me. I'm new and have no friends here (I just switched over from Sparkpeople).
  • mrazekova
    mrazekova Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I’m New in community and New in PCOS (that I had all My life but didn’t know). My problems are 10 extra kg that I can’t losse, acne before period, brown pach on My forhead and no ovulation. Before Covid i could train in gym and My body was ok but now I got stucked and can’t see way out.
  • LabbyChick69
    LabbyChick69 Posts: 4 Member
    I hear you Cyster! I have PCOS and struggling so hard to lose any weight! You're welcome to add me!
  • SherryWyrd
    SherryWyrd Posts: 1 Member
    I also have PCOS and it's a struggle. Add me if you'd like!
  • Marmelade75689
    Marmelade75689 Posts: 23 Member
    Feel free to add me too 😊😊
  • scnipolatz
    scnipolatz Posts: 2 Member
    Hi! I’m new here and came across your post. I have PCOS as well, and I’m making a real effort to change my relationship with food and weight now at 26. Feel free to add me!

I hope your journey goes well. Remember that progress isn’t linear and try to be kind to yourself.