MFP not communicating with Garmin CONNECT

Ann262
Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
Ever since yesterday afternoon, MFP is not syncing with Garmin. I have tried shutting down and restarting, disconnecting and reconnecting and a myriad of other little things. Any ideas? This is really annoying!

Replies

• heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    edited June 2021
    Wait.
    Almost always the answer.
    Disconnect & Reconnect usually just extends issues because now there are orphaned sync packets between a specific connection that is no longer there that must be dealt with - almost always recommended against where there are issues.

Look at device at daily burn - subtract 500 mentally and note that number, look at MFP eating log, eat to that number.

ETA:
    My Food diary total eaten just synced with Garmin, so that direction is fine for my account - so not some universal issue.
    I haven't synced my device yet to Garmin to test the direction to MFP.
  • Ann262
    Ann262 Posts: 265 Member
    Thanks @heybales, that helps but I really just want them to communicate like they are supposed to.
  • heybales
    heybales Posts: 18,842 Member
    Just synced my device to computer and Garmin account - within 1 sec of computer saying done, updated my MFP Exercise diary and there's the adjustment.

So from Garmin Express to Garmin Connect to MFP account within 1 sec.

The function is not having an issue system wide.

Have you checked your MFP app settings for Step Source - it should say Garmin?

That setting tells MFP to accept sync packets from Garmin and use the data - otherwise it doesn't.

App updates or resets can cause that setting to default back to Nothing.
  • wickedaubergine7
    wickedaubergine7 Posts: 2 Member
    I just set up Garmin Connect to sync with MFP for the first time (newbie) and it cost me lots of frustration! I had to tell it to sync from both apps separately, and then re-start them. Might be worth trying.