Oldie but Newbie!

Hi there, have just signed up today. I am a 59 year old woman and have a LOT of weight to lose, for the sake of my health mainly, and to be able to play with my grandchildren.

Replies

• mtaratoot
    mtaratoot Posts: 13,129 Member
    Welcome aboard!

How are you planning to focus on losing however much weight you need to lose? What are you planning to slowly start doing that you can continue to do for the next 30 years?

You can do this. Don't believe the lies about not being able to lose weight over fifty. Take it slow. Good thing you started TODAY. If you waited another year, you'd be a year older. And even if you "only" lose a half pound a week, in a year, that's 26 pounds. Not bad. Depending on how much you want to lose, you can do some of it quicker; just be careful to actually take care of yourself and don't overdo it. Take it slow and steady for your own good and so your grandkids can spend time with you into old age, whenever the heck that starts.
  • Henryhufflepuff
    Henryhufflepuff Posts: 9 Member
    Hi there, thank you for your reply. What you have said has given me food for thought, so to speak! I am just going to do it one day at a time, and try to focus on losing 7lbs at a time. Otherwise the thought of how long this will take me will make me freak out and go looking for chocolate. Slow and steady wins the race!