The middle agers group. (Upper 30s,40s & 50ish folks)

Replies

• samamad5149
    samamad5149 Posts: 14 Member
    LQuint2021 wrote: »
    39, Wales. was happy with how I looked before COVID but didn’t eat well or train properly and having to start again. Feel free to add me

I live in South Wales, UK I'll be arranging group hikes on fitness pal and fitbit for late summer. Let me know if you are interested.

Cheers
  • LQuint2021
    LQuint2021 Posts: 3 Member
    I’m in Ssea, late summer will be good as my Mrs is due any day now. Thanks for that.
  • carrielg13
    carrielg13 Posts: 3 Member
    Hi everyone! I'm certainly not new to the whole weight loss rollercoaster, or to this site. I've had much success over the years, but I can never keep the weight off. So, I'm starting again. Any accountability friends would certainly be welcome :smile:
  • Bigsur2
    Bigsur2 Posts: 92 Member
    Almost 44 😭, but other than some nerve issues going on in my back, I’m in the best shape of my life. Cycling and lifting are my passion. Feel free to add me!!
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Happy Wednesday everyone.
  • luvhandles74
    luvhandles74 Posts: 85 Member
    Oh hey there! I'm 47 and just starting over really..I was on mfp forever ago when I started getting in shape at 38..got to my best ever and over time I tanked :neutral: SO a few years have gone by and I'm back trying to just feel good in my own skin. Feel free to add me :smile:
  • sky3z
    sky3z Posts: 190 Member
    almost 32 this august, hasn't hit me yet lol!
  • Jeffit_170
    Jeffit_170 Posts: 148 Member
    @sky3z Sure. rub it in.. :D
  • slimgirljo15
    slimgirljo15 Posts: 269,440 Member
    IslandGal3 wrote: »
    sky3z wrote: »
    almost 32 this august, hasn't hit me yet lol!
    Welcome!

I have a child a year younger than you. 😂 It hasn't hit me yet either.

:laugh:

Morning Middle-agers, hope everyone is ending the week on a high 🙂
  • TomFit18
    TomFit18 Posts: 2,581 Member
    Hello peeps... long time no see!
  • amberfay85
    amberfay85 Posts: 32 Member
    36 and finally got my head in the game! Always looking for motivational/active friends. I’m active daily and will be your personal cheerleader! Feel free to add me!
  • drmwc
    drmwc Posts: 972 Member
    Happy Friday everyone! I am off for a scuba dive tomorrow, and a 24 mile hike on Sunday. It could well be a good weekend.
  • TomFit18
    Good morning peeps!
  • LisaHeb1979
    LisaHeb1979 Posts: 219 Member
    Have a great Friday folks.
  • Justin741
    Justin741 Posts: 249 Member
    I've been going at it since the beginning of may, I've lost about 18lbs. Looking for some fresh support and friends so please add me/message me.
  • michelle_FR
    michelle_FR Posts: 191 Member
    at 36 y/o, I think I can finally join this thread 😱😅
  • Wiltord1982
    Wiltord1982 Posts: 311 Member
    I'm Ben, 38 years old from Montreal, Quebec, Canada!

- My mother tongue is French, but English is perfectly fine. I'm a self-employed translator, so I work from home. No boss, yay!
    - Due to the pandemic, I lost all motivation when it comes to exercice, so I'm not as fit as I was 1+ year ago, but hey, it's kinda like starting over :) I hit the gym several times per week and take the weekend off. I play soccer 1-2 times per week too, and I do Spartan-like obstacle races in the summer. I would love to improve my best ever rank (60th/2000), but that not be feasible this summer given my shape, but I'm working on improving it ;).
    - I'm a proud dad of three children (5, 10 and 12)
    - My current streak on here is 2800 days, so you can be sure I won't disappear after a week ;)
    - I like to share the motivation and chat a little every now and then
  • TomFit18
    Good morning peeps....hope you all have a great weekend!
  • solitudeinsilence
    solitudeinsilence Posts: 2 Member
    Good morning folks. 42 year old newbie here, hoping to find some support as I grab this bull by the horns and look to sort myself out, finally.

Hope everyone has a cracking weekend. 😀
  • LisaGM38
    LisaGM38 Posts: 2 Member
    Hi, I am hopeful that this is the right platform for me. I'm 38 and I have just continued to get bigger and bigger after having some success about 5 years ago, but the diet just wasn't sustainable.

I quit smoking a year ago now and am ready to make more lifelong healthy choices. I hate beans, and lettuce is never going to be big on my meal planning. I know there are other healthy options but they aren't as easy to find.

I also have 3 kids (18,14,13) and a husband that aren't on this health journey with me yet, but I hope to get them on board eventually.

I would love to have friends to help motivate and keep one another accountable.