8dxaup2ljjvo.jpg
  • Apeboyo124
    Apeboyo124 Posts: 179 Member
    Options
    rd8cee7dp4ax.jpeg
  • Zoomie402
    Zoomie402 Posts: 260 Member
    Options
    Thank you, all. It was a very difficult weekend, and many more days like this to come. I appreciate your kindness and compassion. ❤️ They mean the world to us.

What I have learned through all this is just how bad dry food is for our kitties (especially boy kitties). The food dehydrates them, and they often don't get enough water as is to make up for the difference. These two factors lead to the increase of crystals in their urine. If under any stress (such as a change in the home, or a mild illness) those crystals can combine to become tiny stones which then begin to block the urinary tract.

My kitties were raised on kibble. My eldest developed diabetes, my youngest, crystals. When the diabetes kicked in hard, and Betty got sick, Bolt got stressed and the crystals exploded in volume. He kept blocking and no matter what we did, we couldn't get rid of them fast enough to allow him to heal.😔

If you have kitties and feed them dry... Please do some research (feline urinary tract disease) and consider feeding them wet food. It could save their life. ❤️🐈‍⬛

This is heartbreaking for you :( I'm so sorry you and your sweet kitty had to go through all of that. I know it'll hurt for a while to come, but I hope your heart finds some peace.
  • monicaschale
    monicaschale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    [img]https://us.v-cdn.net/5021879/uploads/editor/el/teubk8a0k56l.jpeg[/img My zoe after a busy day at daycare[/img]
  • monicaschale
    monicaschale Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    i3ydxismlzzy.jpeg

Try this again lol