Women 200lb+, Let's Get The Job Done This June!!!

Replies

• sargemarcori
    sargemarcori Posts: 301 Member
    Hi, Janelle! Where in PA? I'm originally from Franklin, about two hours north of Pittsburgh.
  • uyister
    uyister Posts: 154 Member
    @VickyEltonGreen and @jazzadesigns Thank you so much!!!
  • sarah12277
    sarah12277 Posts: 210 Member
    June Challenge Weigh In Day

Age 44
    Height 5'4"
    SW 249 3/2020
    CW 225.4
    GW for June 218
    UGW 145

6/1: 222 lbs
    6/8: --Mom's house; no scale
    6/15: 225 lbs - Mom's scale; unsure if real from high sodium this week or scale is just higher than mine
    6/22:
    6/29:
    Total month loss:

Weekly goals:
    -Continue logging on MFP
    -Work out 5x per week – 3 cardio & 2 strength
    -64 oz of water each day

Back to Mom's house this week. Just made things easier for the few days and one of her house projects is done. Now for the next guy to get scheduled. Starting to get on one of my projects for her house - going through my dad's things he stashed in the basement as he's likely won't be coming to get them so it's all mine. If I can get room down there, that would be the most helpful to her and me. The best and easiest was a box of boxes; yup that can go.

@kelMee2 Absolutely. That's my life. I may not be perfect but eventually the scale will go down on it's timeline; not necessarily mine. Could I do things differently to help; sure but that's not really my life. I have to accommodate. I learned that with my last weight loss success and the anxiety I saw with it. It's slower this way but it mostly works for my sanity ha.
  • miichan15
    miichan15 Posts: 7 Member
    @uyister

Omg congrats on the one year anniversary and amazing weight loss!!
  • goal06082021
    goal06082021 Posts: 2,130 Member
    So last week I tried to order one bunch of bananas with my groceries, but Instacart being how it do, the picker got me exactly one (1) banana. And it was green. Okay, fine. I left my solitary banana out on the counter for a while to ripen and figured I'd eat it this weekend. Then I remembered I also have oatmeal and eggs, so I decided to make a banana oatcake for breakfast since I haven't had it in a while - I think I posted about it somewhere on these forums a million years ago, might have been with an older account. I wanted to share the recipe again because if you like bananas and oatmeal you'll probably like this.

Ingredients:
    - 46g (1/2 cup) instant oatmeal
    - 1 large egg (~50g give or take)
    - 70g banana (about half of a medium one)
    - 21g (~1 tbsp) honey
    - 1g (~1/2 tsp) cinnamon
    - ~20ml (a decent splash) of milk (I use dairy milk, you could probably use a nondairy alternative without issue, I haven't tried though)

Directions:
    Mix all ingredients well in a microwave-safe bowl and nuke until cooked through. I did 1:30 total, in 30-second bursts. The egg gives it structure so it comes out more like a pancake or oatmeal flapjack than a bowl of oatmeal.

1 serving, 368 calories, decent amount of protein (13g according to my diary).